A Closer Look at the Lawyers Involved

suspicious1

Reaction score
Hey Everyone..

I thought it would be a good idea to take a closer look at the attorneys involved in this case including background information and the things that they have said on behalf of their clients...

We are hearing statements made from the lawyers but I thought it would be good to put it all in one thread...

I'll start off with:

Ronald Cummings-represented by TERRY SHOEMAKER
Didn't Ron get him as a public defender in the battery case against Tommy? In August 2009?
TERRY SHOEMAKER trial experience includes DUI, manslaughter, sexual battery, robbery, and drug cases.
http://www.ancientcitylaw.com/Bio/TerryShoemaker.asp

TERRY SHOEMAKER has made many statements on behalf of Ron Cummings:
"the Haleigh case is making it harder for us to deal"
"Ron C. has offered alot of vaulable information in the Haleigh case"
just to name a few.

Misty Cummings-represented by ROBERT FIELDS
I don't know how Misty obtained this lawyer but I believe he came on board in August 2009. Is that correct?
What does his trial experience include?
ROBERT FIELDS has made many statements on behalf of Misty Croslin...one that I can remember off the top of my head was:
"Misty is not a suspect in the Haleigh case but she has information"
And we do know that at one point he quit defending Misty...what were the circumstances surrounding that and when did it happen?

www.dowdaandfields.com

Tommy Croslin-represented by JAMES WERTER
Wasn't Tommy appointed James Werter as a public defender for the charge from the elderly blind man?
JAMES WERTER has made many statements on behalf of Tommy and one that I can remember off the top of my head was: "Tommy led investigators to the dock".

If this is inappropriate in any way...mods please remove

I just think we should review all their statements, with links provided, in one thread...it may give us more insight as to what is going on in the Haleigh case.

Ron had a lawyer prior to getting Terry Shoemaker...what was his name? When did he stop representing Ron?

IIRC...this lawyer was used to fight the allegations involving Crystal S.

Ron had a lawyer prior to getting Terry Shoemaker...what was his name? When did he stop representing Ron?

Kimball and Snider

BRB and i will get the link :)

they seem to not have a website any longer, i will keep looking... i can attach links to media reports that show the name, if that helps any

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090716/ARTICLES/907169927

this article is when DCF cleared Ron of the abuse allegations.

sorry here is an article when Ron hire the attorney above.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18967351/detail.html

Kimball and Snider

BRB and i will get the link :)

they seem to not have a website any longer, i will keep looking... i can attach links to media reports that show the name, if that helps any

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090716/ARTICLES/907169927

this article is when DCF cleared Ron of the abuse allegations.

sorry here is an article when Ron hire the attorney above.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18967351/detail.html

Thanks Lil Momma, I couldn't remember the name to save my life...but I did find this video:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...40#/Ronald+Cummings+Gets+Attorney/49257600001

Kimball and Snider also says:
"Ronald Cummings stands behind his wife, Misty, and supports her 100%. The law office of Kimball & Snider, P.A. has decided it is best to only represent Ronald and not Misty, because of their different respective legal positions," the statement said.

It looks like Ron had Kimball and Snider represent him from March 19, 2009 up until July 16, 2009.

On July 16, 2009, they said they would no longer be representing Ron.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=142082&catid=3

This puzzles me because Kimball and Snider are a Personal Injury Law Firm and I was under the impression that Ron hired a Criminal Defense Attorney in March.

During the time that Ron was not cooperating with LE, he was being advised by Kimball and Snider...I didn't know that.

Fields did stop representing Misty at one point but I believe it was because she had over and over not heeded his advice to stop doing some of the things she was doing. I am not sure when he took Misty on again as a client but it could have been when she was arrested for trafficking. I mean, he was just on the scene again suddenly. Maybe he felt sorry for her and knew she did not have anyone in her corner, IDK.

I do not know if his leaving was official, or if he had just at that point thrown up his hands and decided "no more." I do know that shortly after Misty was arrested, Fields was there for her, even though he was not present at Misty's initial court appearance, the one where she informed the judge, "I have a lawyer," and named Fields. Fields had made a comment about seeing the UC videos of Misty over his morning coffee, saying something to the effect of, "That's now how I prefer to start my day." (paraphrasing)

When Misty was due to appear in court on the drug charges initially, a motion was made to declare her indigent. Usually this is done for the purpose of a public defender being appointed. So, possibly Fields represented Misty pro bono initially but now is representing her as a public defender? That would not be allowed where I live, as public defenders are appointed by the court here and the accused does not get to choose...but it may be allowed in Florida.

Thanks Lil Momma, I couldn't remember the name to save my life...but I did find this video:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...40#/Ronald+Cummings+Gets+Attorney/49257600001

Kimball and Snider also says:
"Ronald Cummings stands behind his wife, Misty, and supports her 100%. The law office of Kimball & Snider, P.A. has decided it is best to only represent Ronald and not Misty, because of their different respective legal positions," the statement said.
so, they felt to best represent Ron, they had to stay clear of Misty? would representing her, legally hurt Ronald? did they see Ron as innocent & Misty as guilty? or vice versa? When this lawyer & Ron parted company, what was the reason? money? the Jerry Springer atmosphere? Did Ron do something to scare threm off? I've had so many questions about this association & their break-up. I do remember a quote that said something to the effect, that they wouldn't touch Misty with a 10 foot pole. & that made me really mad, because if ever a girl needed legal representation, it was Misty Croslin. & they seemed to jump on the 'let's bash this teenaged girl' bandwagon. Also, I remember Ron saying that his only friend was his lawyer. Was it this guy or the other one? Also, which lawyer did Ron go to the strip club with?

. Also, I remember Ron saying that his only friend was his lawyer. Was it this guy or the other one?

He said something to the effect that he had three friends, Mowrey, Shoemaker and Beardsley (Beardsley handled his divorce and Mowrey is the third guy in the firm.)

Edit: here it is: http://www.staugustine.com/stories/092009/news_092009_040.shtml
He said he's not going to respond every time someone suggests that he or his wife had something to do with HaLeigh's disappearance. But he has vowed to keep the little girl's name and picture in the public eye.

"All this stuff that's said about me on TV ... I don't try to counteract with it," Cummings said. "I'm not trying to get back on there and throw punches back at someone that threw punches with us.

The ordeal has already cost him so much, including friends, Cummings said.

"I know who my friends are," he said. "Three of my best friends are helping me. Terry Shoemaker, Dan Mowrey and Brandon Beardsley."

A couple of Shoemaker quotes from the st. augustine link:

He was defending Misty in Aug. 2009:

Miller was quoted as saying after the August test that she failed "miserably."

"In the first place," Shoemaker said, "you don't fail 'miserably.' You pass or fail.

"But, more important, there are a lot of people that pass that are lying, and there are a lot of people who fail that are telling the truth.

"Even in the best-case scenario, I think the only thing they say is they're 85 to 87 percent reliable."

They wanted a new investigator to find another suspect:
Shoemaker said he and Cummings are "hoping to get an investigator to come in and start looking at some different areas and come in with a fresh set of ideas."

"If people start looking at the same thing over and over again, it all starts looking the same," he added.

so, they felt to best represent Ron, they had to stay clear of Misty? would representing her, legally hurt Ronald? did they see Ron as innocent & Misty as guilty? or vice versa? When this lawyer & Ron parted company, what was the reason? money? the Jerry Springer atmosphere? Did Ron do something to scare threm off? I've had so many questions about this association & their break-up. I do remember a quote that said something to the effect, that they wouldn't touch Misty with a 10 foot pole. & that made me really mad, because if ever a girl needed legal representation, it was Misty Croslin. & they seemed to jump on the 'let's bash this teenaged girl' bandwagon. Also, I remember Ron saying that his only friend was his lawyer. Was it this guy or the other one? Also, which lawyer did Ron go to the strip club with?

Hi dodie!

BBM :)

I am pretty sure that was Shoemaker that Ron said was his only friend, and i do believe that not too longer before/after that Ron went to the strip club with him. (i want to say it was in the beginning of the divorce)

Fields did stop representing Misty at one point but I believe it was because she had over and over not heeded his advice to stop doing some of the things she was doing. I am not sure when he took Misty on again as a client but it could have been when she was arrested for trafficking. I mean, he was just on the scene again suddenly. Maybe he felt sorry for her and knew she did not have anyone in her corner, IDK.

I do not know if his leaving was official, or if he had just at that point thrown up his hands and decided "no more." I do know that shortly after Misty was arrested, Fields was there for her, even though he was not present at Misty's initial court appearance, the one where she informed the judge, "I have a lawyer," and named Fields. Fields had made a comment about seeing the UC videos of Misty over his morning coffee, saying something to the effect of, "That's now how I prefer to start my day." (paraphrasing)

When Misty was due to appear in court on the drug charges initially, a motion was made to declare her indigent. Usually this is done for the purpose of a public defender being appointed. So, possibly Fields represented Misty pro bono initially but now is representing her as a public defender? That would not be allowed where I live, as public defenders are appointed by the court here and the accused does not get to choose...but it may be allowed in Florida.

well if a person hires an attorney or has one pro bono for one case or become indigient during the process of a case (Casey Anthony with JB) then the state has to take that attorney as it is not justified for a person to not be able to keep an attorney or change just because their circumstances have changed. The state then has to pay this attorney reasonable attorneys fees and costs. It is done in every state and it is an old trick sometimes to get a personal attorney.

[/B]

Hi dodie!

BBM :)

I am pretty sure that was Shoemaker that Ron said was his only friend, and i do believe that not too longer before/after that Ron went to the strip club with him. (i want to say it was in the beginning of the divorce)

OK, see, I didn't know Ron went to the strip club with his lawyer...WTH was that all about...who does that?

Hey Everyone..

I thought it would be a good idea to take a closer look at the attorneys involved in this case including background information and the things that they have said on behalf of their clients...

We are hearing statements made from the lawyers but I thought it would be good to put it all in one thread...

I'll start off with:

Ronald Cummings-represented by TERRY SHOEMAKER
Didn't Ron get him as a public defender in the battery case against Tommy? In August 2009?
TERRY SHOEMAKER trial experience includes DUI, manslaughter, sexual battery, robbery, and drug cases.
http://www.ancientcitylaw.com/Bio/TerryShoemaker.asp

TERRY SHOEMAKER has made many statements on behalf of Ron Cummings:
"the Haleigh case is making it harder for us to deal"
"Ron C. has offered alot of vaulable information in the Haleigh case"
just to name a few.

Misty Cummings-represented by ROBERT FIELDS
I don't know how Misty obtained this lawyer but I believe he came on board in August 2009. Is that correct?
ROBERT FIELDS has made many statements on behalf of Misty Croslin...one that I can remember off the top of my head was:
"Misty is not a suspect in the Haleigh case but she has information"
And we do know that at one point he quit defending Misty...what were the circumstances surrounding that and when did it happen?

www.dowdaandfields.com

Tommy Croslin-represented by JAMES WERTER
Wasn't Tommy appointed James Werter as a public defender for the charge from the elderly blind man?
JAMES WERTER has made many statements on behalf of Tommy and one that I can remember off the top of my head was: "Tommy led investigators to the dock".

If this is inappropriate in any way...mods please remove

I just think we should review all their statements, with links provided, in one thread...it may give us more insight as to what is going on in the Haleigh case.
Thanks for this thread. I think you've made an important point. It should be interesting to follow this case through the legalities only, & with all of the garbage out of the way. When I have more time, I plan to look up some of Werter's exact quotes, regarding Tommy...like how he hadn't discussed the case with Flo. Also, Shomaker has made a couple of doozys lately, & I think they're very telling in what Ron might be giving up to LE. Fields hasn't said much, but I am curious as to who the surprise witness might be.

One of Shoemaker's quotes that I've always thought was interesting:

SHOEMAKER: They actually have to use their fingerprints in order to scan in and check in for work, so...

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/28/ng.01.html

What's interesting is his use of the PRESENT TENSE phrase of "have to" on 9/28 in reference to what would have occured 7 1/2 months in the PAST.

It was clever on his part to say "have to" as opposed to "had to". It certainly leaves him an out.

Ron and misty lawyered up quickly. ron hired snider to help him deal with LE and the media; the custody came after. It is in a statement make by Snider when he took the case Pro Bono. After he managed to retain custody, he bailed; he said he was glad to get out of the "fray". Shoemaker could have board all along or at this point.

It was said that misty would talk to LE alone, and she, did but as soon as they asked her questions she didn't like, she reminded them of her age and she has an attorney.

What's interesting is his use of the PRESENT TENSE phrase of "have to" on 9/28 in reference to what would have occured 7 1/2 months in the PAST.

It was clever on his part to say "have to" as opposed to "had to". It certainly leaves him an out.

Shoemaker is a master of spin and quite the "Minimizer". :banghead:

Back is early July, Tommy's attorney, James Werter, opened a channel at YouTube called "werterlaw". He had a running dialogue for a few days seemingly to promote Tommy's claims and postion.

I posted a few comments basically pointing out that alligators are dormant and do not feed in cold weather, so his client was lying when he said they were "swarming the dock" in February.

This was his reply to me:

You're right as to the temperature but broadening all the circumstances and feeding habits to get a clear view of the situation.

I still don't have a clue what that's supposed to mean, LOL

It looks like Ron had Kimball and Snider represent him from March 19, 2009 up until July 16, 2009.

On July 16, 2009, they said they would no longer be representing Ron.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=142082&catid=3

This puzzles me because Kimball and Snider are a Personal Injury Law Firm and I was under the impression that Ron hired a Criminal Defense Attorney in March.

During the time that Ron was not cooperating with LE, he was being advised by Kimball and Snider...I didn't know that.

Nejames represented the Cummings are awhile didn't he. He is a defense attorney, right. He didn't stay with them very long either. This was right after the assault and burglary charges against Ron. I think he was suppose to handle PR maybe?

I totally agree. Shoemaker is so obviously careful in how he wordsmiths his statements. Too bad Nancy Grace did not pause long enough to "hear" between the lines and figure out what he was up to.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back