MI - Cyclist for teen suicide awareness is fugitive sex offender

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Here we go.

A woman who was the companion of a cycling crusader now thinks he is a Registered Sex on the lam.

Oy Vey with these people. The guy told the lady friend he lost his wife to cancer and his DD to a suicide. Lady friend finds out it's lies.

http://www.themorningsun.com/articles/2010/08/30/news/doc4c7c0ce9622e6245676999.txt

Unbelievable. This woman finally sleuthed David Alexander after on their journey her son died. She was glad to have his support as someone that had gone losing his child as well. However, when he returned with her he did and said some things a Christian man would never do.

He's most likely Michael Rabitaille. His wife is alive and well and trying to divorce the con child assaulter. This article is unbelievable the number of people he conned. One lady who made friends with him was shocked when she received an e-mail from "David Alexander's" pretend sister saying he died of a heart attack.

Get this creepy con off the streets. He absconded in 2007 out of Michigan. He's originally from Connectifcut.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and he told his lady friend Ms. Sweet that he was going to start a teen group/shelter and write a book for teens about suicide. I bet he was.

O/T but we would have sleuthed the guy in about twenty minutes. I hope this lady can feel some sort of justice when they catch him.

I can see that the picture could be him. Since he has been bike riding, he most probably did lose weight, which would somewhat change his appearance.

This guy is creepy. Wonder what else he has done?

I can see that the picture could be him. Since he has been bike riding, he most probably did lose weight, which would somewhat change his appearance.

This guy is creepy. Wonder what else he has done?

I thought the same, Sunnie. Bike riding equals weight loss.

Ohhhhhhhhh this guy? No doubt he's done alot of stuff.

He e-mails the lady from the restauraunt who he is friends with saying he's his own sister. Says he died of a heart attack. Then four days later shows up at the newspaper for publicity for his bike run.

Talk about b*l*sy! You're an absconded sex offender, child raper, and you seek attention? I wish I knew what the name of the bike ride is. You know he's using that loot for himself.

I've seen this guy!! The first story didn't ring a bell, but when I opened the second one with the photo of the sign, I recognized it immediately. When I read that he was travelling west from Florida through the southern states, I was sure of it. I couldn't quite place where I had seen him, but had a strong feeling it was in the Galveston area when I was there in early June. Then lo and behold, I read this last article and see that he was in Fairfield, TX in March. Galveston is about 200 miles from Fairfield, a straight shot down I-45.

I could be wrong about the location, but I know that I've seen him. I remember doing a double take when I read the sign and being curious about what it meant. If he traveled from Apalachicola to Texas, I-10 would've taken him right through New Orleans, so I might've spotted him here. Still think it was Galveston or along the way.

At any rate, the guy's a real piece of work. It's hard to believe he has the audacity to pose for news articles knowing he's on the lam. Shouldn't surprise us, though. People of his ilk think they're untouchable. He likely never dreamed that anyone would sniff him out and start making connections. Jerk! The Morning Sun gave a little too much information, IMO. I'll bet he checks newspapers in towns he's been in, especially ones where he spent a bit of time. If he thinks the FBI is looking for him, he might change his whole schtick and be much harder to find.

I've seen this guy!! The first story didn't ring a bell, but when I opened the second one with the photo of the sign, I recognized it immediately. When I read that he was travelling west from Florida through the southern states, I was sure of it. I couldn't quite place where I had seen him, but had a strong feeling it was in the Galveston area when I was there in early June. Then lo and behold, I read this last article and see that he was in Fairfield, TX in March. Galveston is about 200 miles from Fairfield, a straight shot down I-45.

I could be wrong about the location, but I know that I've seen him. I remember doing a double take when I read the sign and being curious about what it meant. If he traveled from Apalachicola to Texas, I-10 would've taken him right through New Orleans, so I might've spotted him here. Still think it was Galveston or along the way.

At any rate, the guy's a real piece of work. It's hard to believe he has the audacity to pose for news articles knowing he's on the lam. Shouldn't surprise us, though. People of his ilk think they're untouchable. He likely never dreamed that anyone would sniff him out and start making connections. Jerk! The Morning Sun gave a little too much information, IMO. I'll bet he checks newspapers in towns he's been in, especially ones where he spent a bit of time. If he thinks the FBI is looking for him, he might change his whole schtick and be much harder to find.

Get out!!!!!!!! Good lookout, Miss Bessie.

Right with you on that TMI in that paper. Drama seeker. Hope that got him caught further on down the road.

Yeah I bet that sign stuck out. I was thinking again TMI. All on a little sign. Like he's thumbing his nose at society, creep.

This interview puts him all throughout the Pacific Northwest on to Mexico only Mexico wouldn't let him in.

Why is that con artist?

He adds a touch about his other DD, Ivy.

Cops gave him cards with their numbers on it so the kids who call him an "angel" have someone to call. Scary! This article is really worth reading. He hugged a big redwood tree.

http://www.thedalleschronicle.com/news/2009/10/news10-04-09-01.shtml

BADABING!!!!!!!!!!

This columnist in Alvarado, Texas even before we heard the story from the poor lady friend saw through the guy and wrote about it.

He said the guy was overweight and smoking a ciggie while he leaned over his bike waiting for him. He gave this guy so much BS the reporter actually called the town he said he hailed from. Nope. Nobody ever heard of him.

While in Texas he conned a Reverand and the reporter asked what he thought. Shifty.

******There's a big colorful picture of him here. He said he lost 100 pounds the reporter says no way and the best? He conned a Parishoner of a ticket to Virginia. The reporter asked the good Reverend how'd he get the bike on the bus/train?

He didn't he left his bike there!!!!!!!!! Yo, gotta give him an A for that one.*******

Sorry if I am boring you guys with this stuff, but it just blows me away. The nerve.

http://www.alvaradostar.net/Index.asp?Story=1457

You go, Mr. Reporter you were right.

I'm glad this lady finally figured out something wasn't ringing true.

A real creepy con artist and slimeball.

The pic is him for sure, no doubt about it in my mind.

There are so many of these con men out there wanting something or another.
I feel dirty already. He's a child raper and Sex Offender, con man. These things really get to me too.

Nice work Bessie.

I hope they find him soon and nail him to his....

Goz

What a creep!!!!! His m.o. reminds me of that serial killer (Gary Hilton, IIRC) who set up bogus charities to fleece money from giving people for his living expenses. There is no telling what all this guy has done. Thanks for posting this Filly.

Hope this is found and soon!

wm

What a creep!!!!! His m.o. reminds me of that serial killer (Gary Hilton, IIRC) who set up bogus charities to fleece money from giving people for his living expenses. There is no telling what all this guy has done. Thanks for posting this Filly.

Hope this is found and soon!

wm

No problem, WM.

This blows my mind. I can't even imagine somebody having the guts to make all that up. It's not in my realm of thinking that a person could just keep doing something like that. I am not naive by any means. However, I'd think like this woman he got close to wouldn't you confide? Do you go on for the rest of your life making stuff up?

Plus the worse is he's a child rapist and he's taking advantage of a true concern in our country. He's playing on the sympathy of people who have lost children to suicide.

Man, I know Bessie had her eye out on that guy. See? Me? I wouldn't have noticed that. I fancy myself a sleuther, but I miss like colors, vehicles, height and stuff like that.

O.K. so where is he now? Could be anywhere.

No problem, WM.

This blows my mind. I can't even imagine somebody having the guts to make all that up. It's not in my realm of thinking that a person could just keep doing something like that. I am not naive by any means. However, I'd think like this woman he got close to wouldn't you confide? Do you go on for the rest of your life making stuff up?

Plus the worse is he's a child rapist and he's taking advantage of a true concern in our country. He's playing on the sympathy of people who have lost children to suicide.

Man, I know Bessie had her eye out on that guy. See? Me? I wouldn't have noticed that. I fancy myself a sleuther, but I miss like colors, vehicles, height and stuff like that.

O.K. so where is he now? Could be anywhere.

You are right, Filly. He could be anywhere. One thing I've learned here at WS
following these cases is that these perps move around alot and manage to avoid capture. But this dude is arrogant. Even though he has been on the move, he was bold enough to gain publicity along the way. He was also smart enough to travel from east to west through the southern states and avoid the north and his home state of Mich.

Yep, that bessie is an observant one! Great job bessie, you are an eyewitness to this guys travels, WOW! I fancy myself a sleuth too but am not always as observant as I should be regarding details. And my memory is not what it used to be LOL!

I've eyed his photo and tried to memorize his appearance. He was last headed to VA and that's just a little too close to NC for my comfort.

What a doodoo head to bilk nice people out of money like he has!

MOO

wm

My computer time is limited today darnit, because i would like to put together a timeline of this guys movements. The media articles are really informative. The article by the suspicious reporter and pastor in Texas was dated 4/19/10 and he had already left the area from what I inferred. (supposedly heading to VA) Is this the last time he was seen?

Since he is transient, I wonder if he is logging online at public libraries? Just a thought.

If anyone wishes to jump in and help with a timeline, it would be appreciated!

MOO

wm

He sure seems to like Oregon but I noticed he's stayed clear of the I-5 corridor. I wonder why that is. Many many specialized, fund-raiser or "unique" rides come right through Ashland and hang out for a few days. Cycling is a way of life here. I find it very unusual that he's steered clear of central Southern Oregon, choosing instead to ride along the coast. The coast ride is not an easy one. I found one Medford cycle shop that seemed to have a reference to him, but the page has been taken down.

In reading that article links above, I got the creeps when he described being an "angel" to a 16 year old planning a suicide.

The pervs will stop at nothing to come up with unique and creative ways to get close to kids.

From Filly's Dalles Chronicle link:

"He’s slept on beaches, in fields and parks. A nice hotel once gave him a room for the night for free and a few days ago, during a stop in Shaniko, he slept in the remodeled jail overnight."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing they haven't caught up with this guy, considering how flagrant he's been along the way. Creeps me out!

He sure seems to like Oregon but I noticed he's stayed clear of the I-5 corridor. I wonder why that is. Many many specialized, fund-raiser or "unique" rides come right through Ashland and hang out for a few days. Cycling is a way of life here. I find it very unusual that he's steered clear of central Southern Oregon, choosing instead to ride along the coast. The coast ride is not an easy one. I found one Medford cycle shop that seemed to have a reference to him, but the page has been taken down.

In reading that article links above, I got the creeps when he described being an "angel" to a 16 year old planning a suicide.

The pervs will stop at nothing to come up with unique and creative ways to get close to kids.

This is the scary part to me Missizzy! This, ahem, unusal person has been all over the country apparently! And how did he become an angel to a 16 yr old contemplating suicide?

The news report stating that he faked an e-mail where he pretended to be his sister to inform a woman that he died tells me that he is a liar and he has access to the internet somehow. This is why I think he may be utilizing public library computers. After all, he is a transient!

You are right about these pervs and their creativity. This modern age of technological communications reveals a whole new type of perp.

MOO

wm

This story has bugged me all day. I'm not certain but it seems as if this guy has been riding through Oregon when no one would ride through Oregon. The coast and the northeast part of our state get massive amounts of rain. Not great biking weather except for a few months in the summer. Then I got to this statement:

"....He’s had his share of accidents, falling off his bike several times. A few weeks ago, he injured his leg with a chainsaw [Why does one need a chainsaw while bikeriding?].

His legs are hurting and he’s not sure if he can make it up all the hills and mountains along his journey. Right now he’s staying in The Dalles and is trying to make enough money to catch a Greyhound to Pendleton[October 2009], where he’ll continue his journey.

“I’m not looking for a bus ride home,” he said. “I just want to get up to Pendleton before I go on to Salt Lake City.....”

There's an unsolved murder in Northeast Oregon that has bothered me for months. Here's a link to that story. I commented about this woman's death on the Winklebleck thread and on the burned cars and bodies in Utah. Not much has been posted nor has any news been released:

http://www.thedalleschronicle.com/news/2010/05/news05-21-10-02.shtml

http://www.thedalleschronicle.com/c...10_obits/05/obits_05-23-10_shelby_carty.shtml

Shelby Carty was found dead in a creek by ranchers, an hours drive south of Pendleton (in the middle of nowhere). The young woman could not have walked. This is high desert. I have a feeling that because she was troubled and had been a foster child, no one is pushing to figure out WTH happened to her. She was noted to have connections to The Dalles (a town where one can cross over the Columbia to Washington). There was a comment, which I think has disappeared, that she was seen by friends in December and was newly pregnant.

Can anyone find mention of where this guy was between last October and this Spring?

And FWIW, you really can't "hug" a coastal redwood. Their girth is close to that of a Buick. You might press your body up against one but you can't hug one. Jeesh. I think maybe he's fallen off his bike one too many times.

Another photo, another article:

http://gazettetimes.com/news/local/article_6067ea46-ad00-11df-aea2-001cc4c03286.html

This is from a newspaper in Corvallis, OR (home of Oregon State University in Central Oregon). Apparently, Alexander introduced himself as David Siminski to a pastor there who helped him and put him on a bus. There are some more dates and details.

One comment. I realize that this man is middle aged. However, one just does not appear as he does when one has ridden thousands of miles on a bike cross-county. First off, the bike doesn't really fit his body and secondly, where is the water storage and the paniers?

Everyone might wonder as to how I would think to ask these things. My two eldest sons rode from San Francisco to Austin, TX alone (yes, there's a backstory but they had my FULL support) at age 15 and 17--over the Sierras and through the desert. They looked like they were traveling cross country and attracted attention where ever they went. They were well prepared and geared up. They had been competitive cyclists for several years when they left and had trained for months. It took them 29 days to travel 2165 miles. This guy looks like he's just riding around town.

OK, and another report, from Newberg, OR:

http://www.newberggraphic.com/news/...ers.tale.proves.too.good.to.be.true/news.aspx

A whole bunch of whoppers in this one.

The last name Rabitaille is not a common one. If you search on MS, there might have been a reason that he was trying to get to Pendleton, OR. There's a young adult female who looks hale and hardy to me living in Pendleton:

http://www.myspace.com/nicrabit

And here's a "CR" who is looking for Mr. Rabitaille:

http://www.myspace.com/179892008

And the MS for a David (Davey) Alexander connected to Ms. "CR" above:

http://www.myspace.com/416321947

Davey wants to meet:

a person who is real and does not look at your flaws in life.

My computer time is limited today darnit, because i would like to put together a timeline of this guys movements. The media articles are really informative. The article by the suspicious reporter and pastor in Texas was dated 4/19/10 and he had already left the area from what I inferred. (supposedly heading to VA) Is this the last time he was seen?

Since he is transient, I wonder if he is logging online at public libraries? Just a thought.

If anyone wishes to jump in and help with a timeline, it would be appreciated!

MOO

wm

Well...where do i begin?...when hurricane IKE hit, i was living in houston..shortly before however, we(my family and i) evacuated to dallas. there i met "david alexander" he was always so quick to say "it's pronounced alexanduh, not alexander!" he seemed like a really nice guy...i even thought it was interesting that he was missing a finger("from cancer") he was at the convention center amongst all the numerous CHILDREN accompanying parents evacuating from IKE...nnow while we were there he and i developed a "thing" and when we went back to houston, he came with us to the house for a few days, before leaving "to take care of something to do with insurance on his house in galveston" we never saw him again.... he mentioned while he was with me, the kids(including the suicide) and the wife that had passed away. he told me that his kid was using her moms old myspace account, but that he didn't have an account, due to his "inexperience" with the internet. I HELPED HIM SET ONE UP the mentioned one..was set up by me for him, keep in mind i had never even heard of his "bike ride" after he was gone, (he kept telling me he was coming back for me, and that we would move to maine{i have the IM's to prove it}) He didn't come back, so i decided to befriend his "kid" imagine my surprise(and anger) when i found out that he IS michael rabitaille his missing finger was the identification that i confirmed with his wife, WHO IS ALIVE AND WELL, as well as the info that he has no dead children!!!! he molested and raped his then 9 year old niece...was convicted, then did not register...notice he hides his missing finger in all pics,seeing as if he hadn't he would be instantly recognized...i had tried to help his wife locate him(so she could have him served)by lying and telling him that he had gotten me pregnant...however, he got the feeling i was lying, because he never contacted me again, except to IM me that he "still loved me, and maine was still on" so..to sum up, during hurricane IKE september of 2008, her was in dallas, then houston with my family and i, and after that, i know(from the person who's phone he used to call me with) that he was in North Carolina, and he had travelled with him, on greyhound from texas. after that however i lost location contact....hope this helps...oh and if you need to see the IM's i would be happy to post them.. btw...his "inexperience" with the internet is a lie, he knows full well how to use it, and he does, at every public computer(usually greyhound stations, where you can pay cash with no id) libraries require id, so he doesn't go there, except possibly to scour newspapers in search of news on himself...and it would not surprise me if he is on this very site keeping an eye out...:maddening:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back