Misty gets 25 years - Are you happy with the St. John's verdict? ***POLL***

Are you satisfied with the St. John's verdict?

• Yes, justice was served.

Votes: 75 25.8%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because of the drug charges

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because Haleigh is still missing

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • No, I think she should have had a lighter sentence because of her upbringing

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 30 10.3%
  • No, MC should have received the same or lesser sentence than RC.

Votes: 128 44.0%
  • other, I believe that Misty will get her judgement when it is due

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • No. She should have gotten YO given CR testimonies

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We certainly can agree to disagree and do it respectfully and that is the way all opinions should be expressed on message boards and I thank you for continuing to do that, cyber.

LOL! I have always been 'the glass is half full" type. I am a very optimistic person. It has served me well in my real life.

Imo, too much weight is being put into the speculation about Ron leaving work, going through a hole in the fence and somehow getting to his vehicle sight unseen... both leaving and coming back again. Ron would have no way of knowing if the supervisor was looking for him. He would have no control if the supervisor called him on the intercom to come to the office so he could be instructed to do something else before he left. So to me Ron leaving work at anytime during his shift is far reaching to me. Is it important to some because if he didn't leave work at all then the house of cards fall when it comes to Ron being the suspect?

But if we take the speculation as true for a minute then police would have long known Ron's work alibi wasnt iron clad and they would have never utter that they were satisfied with Ron's work alibi. LE never says things that can come back to haunt them later.

I believe AH now says that most were text messages and we know just how little time it takes to send a text. Ron also had breaks (15-20 minute) like all workers do and he also had a supper break. Plenty of time for him to use the phone that many times and still go back to doing his job when the breaks were over.

I think there is confusion on message boards about Ron's work hours that night but I don't think LE is confused at all. That would be one of the first and easiest alibi's to verify. Much easier than Misty Croslin's.

Shoemaker said that Ron had moved to the bottom of the list months ago. No case stands still. Imo Ron has dropped off of any potential list of suspects now all together and the two remaining are Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin, imo.

I never wear rose colored glasses in any case I am interested in. I look at what has been released that shows guilt and I see quilt when it comes to Misty and Tommy.........the two that the SA refused to make a plea deal with.

It is rather simple to me.

Who said they were there when Haleigh went missing? Misty.

Who said they came to the Cummings home THAT night? Tommy Croslin.

IMO

I try not to wear rose colored glasses when looking at a case like this because I want to be objective. I understand that Ron has faults and has made some bad decisions. But, he was the only parent who was able to get a decent job. He was the only parent who provided financially for his children. He was the only parent who was able to provide a home for his children. He received instructions from DCF and complied with them (to some degree). This indicates that he was not all bad and that he was mature enough to live up to certain responsibilities.

He was still fairly new to the job. When someone has landed a decent job and is still on probation, they tend to follow the rules. They don't want to lose that job and they don't yet know what they can get away with. Ron was a pragmatic person and my opinion is that he did not want to lose this job by trying to sneak away during working hours. There would have been just too much risk involved. In such an environment, he would have had a strict schedule for lunch and other breaks. Afterwards, a supervisor would have been looking for him to get back to work and instructing him on what to do next. When new at a job, someone watches you.

When LE was unsure of Misty's whereabouts when Haleigh disappeared, they broadcast a public plea for months for anyone who had seen her during that period. If LE thought that Ron had sneaked away from his job at any time that night, or were doubtful that his working hours ranged from when he left home to when he returned, why would they not have broadcast a similar plea as to anyone who had seen him? They did not. To me, this is a very strong indication that they know exactly where he was at all times.

The fact that Ronald was allowed to cut a deal on his 2 most serious charges and the fact that Misty is being portrayed as the kingpin of the drug selling ring, just reinforces what I've suspected all along. Someday....I hope we find out why and who is hellbent on protecting Ronald Cummings.

If little Haleigh had been the daughter of someone else, I think this case would have been solved months ago. Misty is the "key", but she isn't going to be allowed to unlock the truth. For all we know, she HAS implicated Ronald. All it got her was 25 years.

Maybe it isn't about protecting Ron Cummings at all. If there is no evidence of his involvement then LE has no evidence.

Maybe the police know more than we do and know who killed Haleigh and who helped cover it up and that is why the two involved were not offered plea deals.

If I was a SA I sure wouldn't deal with someone who has refused to tell the truth for almost two years about the homicide of an innocent little child and still refuses to tell LE where Haleigh's body is.

IMO

I try not to wear rose colored glasses when looking at a case like this because I want to be objective. I understand that Ron has faults and has made some bad decisions. But, he was the only parent who was able to get a decent job. He was the only parent who provided financially for his children. He was the only parent who was able to provide a home for his children. He received instructions from DCF and complied with them (to some degree). This indicates that he was not all bad and that he was mature enough to live up to certain responsibilities.

He was still fairly new to the job. When someone has landed a decent job and is still on probation, they tend to follow the rules. They don't want to lose that job and they don't yet know what they can get away with. Ron was a pragmatic person and my opinion is that he did not want to lose this job by trying to sneak away during working hours. There would have been just too much risk involved. In such an environment, he would have had a strict schedule for lunch and other breaks. Afterwards, a supervisor would have been looking for him to get back to work and instructing him on what to do next. When new at a job, someone watches you.

When LE was unsure of Misty's whereabouts when Haleigh disappeared, they broadcast a public plea for months for anyone who had seen her during that period. If LE thought that Ron had sneaked away from his job at any time that night, or were doubtful that his working hours ranged from when he left home to when he returned, why would they not have broadcast a similar plea as to anyone who had seen him? They did not. To me, this is a very strong indication that they know exactly where he was at all times.

Excellent points Kamky!

And isn't it odd that although LE wanted anyone to come forward about Misty's whereabouts that night from what we have learned no one did. The only reason for that is she wasn't gone. She was inside that home when all of this was happening to Haleigh. Misty knew she was trapped. She had no one to give her an alibi because she wasn't out and about with anyone and that is why she had to admit she was there when it happened.

I imagine at first LE wanted to verify Tommy's story that he said he came over there and pounded on the door but no one answered. I think very early on police knew the Croslin siblings were blowing smoke about their "stories."

IMO

Excellent points Kamky!

And isn't it odd that although LE wanted anyone to come forward about Misty's whereabouts that night from what we have learned no one did. The only reason for that is she wasn't gone. She was inside that home when all of this was happening to Haleigh. Misty knew she was trapped. She had no one to give her an alibi because she wasn't out and about with anyone and that is why she had to admit she was there when it happened.

I imagine at first LE wanted to verify Tommy's story that he said he came over there and pounded on the door but no one answered. I think very early on police knew the Croslin siblings were blowing smoke about their "stories."

IMO

BBM

I do not recall anyone from LE declaring that noone came forward regarding Misty's whereabouts. That is an assumption. We do not know for sure. IMO, LE would keep that information to themselves anyway.

Your theory of Misty committing the murder and Tommy helping cover (or vice versa) still works whether or not Misty leaves the MH at some point. So I'm not quite sure of your reasoning for stating with such conviction that she never left the trailer. Anything is possible in this case.

... and no doubt about the "blowing smoke" comment, MC and ToC have mastered that. There has been a whole lot of smoke blowing from just about everyone involved in this case.

The fact that Ronald was allowed to cut a deal on his 2 most serious charges and the fact that Misty is being portrayed as the kingpin of the drug selling ring, just reinforces what I've suspected all along. Someday....I hope we find out why and who is hellbent on protecting Ronald Cummings.

If little Haleigh had been the daughter of someone else, I think this case would have been solved months ago. Misty is the "key", but she isn't going to be allowed to unlock the truth. For all we know, she HAS implicated Ronald. All it got her was 25 years.

And thats just for starters.. Misty being named, the "kingpin" is the most telling as to how corruption in the justice systen down there has been allowed to run amok..JMHO

BBM

I do not recall anyone from LE declaring that noone came forward regarding Misty's whereabouts. That is an assumption. We do not know for sure. IMO, LE would keep that information to themselves anyway.

Your theory of Misty committing the murder and Tommy helping cover (or vice versa) still works whether or not Misty leaves the MH at some point. So I'm not quite sure of your reasoning for stating with such conviction that she never left the trailer. Anything is possible in this case.

... and no doubt about the "blowing smoke" comment, MC and ToC have mastered that. There has been a whole lot of smoke blowing from just about everyone involved in this case.

No LE has not come out and confirmed that she wasn't with someone else and was there, djdj but it is commonsense if that were true and Misty had an alibi that night and she wasnt there, then I think she would have admitted that by now, and would have given the names of the persons she was with. Instead, even though her tales have widely varied on what happen she has always placed herself at home that night.

If she wasnt there then LE wouldn't call her a key to this case either imo. If she wasnt there then what could she tell them? Nothing imo

So, imo she was there when Haleigh was killed and that is why Agent Smith was still asking her to lead them to Haleigh's body right before her sentencing.

If she left at all imo it was when she went with Tommy to discard Haleigh's body or she may have stayed behind staging the crime scene.

IMO

And thats just for starters.. Misty being named, the "kingpin" is the most telling as to how corruption in the justice sys ten down there has been allowed to run amok..JMHO

I have never heard that there is corruption in the FLDE.:waitasec:

Are you saying Agent Smith with the FLDE is corrupt?

imo

No LE has not come out and confirmed that she wasn't with someone else and was there, djdj but it is commonsense if that were true and Misty had an alibi that night and she wasnt there, then I think she would have admitted that by now, and would have given the names of the persons she was with. Instead, even though her tales have widely varied on what happen she has always placed herself at home that night.

If she wasnt there then LE wouldn't call her a key to this case either imo. If she wasnt there then what could she tell them? Nothing imo

So, imo she was there when Haleigh was killed and that is why Agent Smith was still asking her to lead them to Haleigh's body right before her sentencing.

If she left at all imo it was when she went with Tommy to discard Haleigh's body or she may have stayed behind staging the crime scene.

IMO

This case is a doozy. IMO, There is no commonsense.

You may be absolutely 100% correct... but we don't even have a crime scene yet. It has been reported, not as fact, but reported that there were no signs of a murder/crime inside the MH, just a propped open back door. LE has collected evidence from the MH, but we don't know what that is.

Misty is the key because she was the last known person to have seen Haleigh. That hasn't changed from day one.

BBM

I agree dj....some people are stating with such conviction that Misty never left that mh that night....as did the Cummings (Hi Teresa :wave:)....and furthermore, there has been a lot of smoke blowing in this case....from the Cummings too....this is not a one way street here....

One question I have though: If LE has Misty saying that she was there and Tommy saying that he was there at some point....the Croslins making up all these stories as to how Haleigh died and was thrown in the river....Misty saying she hid while Haleigh was being tortured.....Tommy claiming to have been with along for the ride while Haleigh body was dumped....they both claiming it was all over a gun....we've all heard the many stories...they've admitted to taking part in this crime soooo....

Why haven't LE arrested them yet? IMO, LE knows that what they're telling is not the truth or only have the truth so they can't arrest them for the murder of Haleigh....and we all agree that LE has more evidence than we know so if what Tommy and Misty said was even remotely backed up with evidence that they have collected...it seems to me that they would've been able to arrest them at this point....but they have not...LE still believes that Misty is not telling them the whole story...If this was only about the Croslins...they already have the admission of guilt from them...yet they still can't solve this case....IMO, it's not just about the Croslins and LE knows this....things still are not adding up for LE...and IMO, things will not add up until MIsty tells them about the Cummings involvement.....LE may not have wanted to hear about Ron...but I wonder if they would be satisfied hearing about Teresa. just a thought. JMO of course

Since the beginning, I've gone back & forth on Ron, because I DO think he was trying to better his kid's lives, & looking at his arrest record, it looks like he cleaned up for a long time... but then the gun stories stories, & stories about his horrible temper started coming out, & I seriously started wondering what he was capable of doing. Kim P said that a gaurd had seen Ron take his kids to work, so IMO, Ron wasn't concerned with the rules. & if he was on the phone, even a fraction of what's been reported, he wasn't being monitored very closely. ..or he would've been reprimanded, or sent home, or something. Now, this phone use may have been normal behavior for Ron, & LE would know that from looking at past phone records, but if all those calls weren't normal, then it looks very suspicious. Because why on this night, the same night that his daughter came up missing, would Ron act out of the ordinary? Something was up & he knew it. & then when he got home & Haleigh was missing, I don't believe there was much surprise. even if he wasn't involved. So, if Ron would take his kids to work, & spend so much time on the phone, I think it's likely that he would sneak sneak out.

Except for the gates, the fence tops look to have 3 rows of what my husband calls "razor wire." He says its impossible to get over that without getting torn up.

Good point!!!!

BUT, there are other components to a fence..besides the top..

There is the side where the fencing is attached to a post...

There is the bottom of the fence where it meets the ground..

There is the fencing material itself..

There are the posts that anchor and support the fencing

Any of these could have been compromised and faulty and could allow enough access to exit thru it...squeezing /crawling

Especially at night, and in areas not well lit (shadows)..

My point is....There are other ways to get over/thru a fence without just one way....I am just saying...it is possible...
imo

You may be absolutely 100% correct... but we don't even have a crime scene yet. It has been reported, not as fact, but reported that there were no signs of a murder/crime inside the MH, just a propped open back door. LE has collected evidence from the MH, but we don't know what that is.

Misty is the key because she was the last known person to have seen Haleigh. That hasn't changed from day one.

I agree..there is no commonsense.....

Misty may be the "key" because she is the one "claiming" she was the last one to have seen Haleigh, KWIM?

Quick scenario: Let's say I murder someone....and I come running to you for help...you in turn, take the rap for me...."claiming" that you did it...not me..LE may know that you are lying but because you are admitting to something that you did not do....how are they going to convict me for the crime?....no matter what evidence LE has to the contrary....my defense would be "someone else has admitted to committing this murder"...IMO, LE would have a hard time with that case because you have someone else admitting to the crime....that would make you the "key" to solving that case only because you have inserted yourself into someone else's "situation"...and regardless of you not being there when the crime was committed....you know the truth, and has decided to place yourself there....You will be the "key" to solving that case.....because until LE gets you tell the truth...that you were not there....they can't touch me..

My point is...whether Misty was there or not...she can still be labeled "the key".

I just heard about this, I dont know where I've been. I'm not happy about this at all. Why do they do this to her and do everything but actually pat RC on the back and hand him a beer? this TOTALLY SUCKS and it is not justice at all.

all I can say is I hope this opens her eyes and gets her telling the truth about haleigh. I hope that gets all sorted and that this sentence is lessened on appeal.

if she hurt haleigh she deserves to PAY for that. but she wasnt being tried for that. this is not justice for ANYTHING.

I agree dj....some people are stating with such conviction that Misty never left that mh that night....as did the Cummings (Hi Teresa :wave:)....and furthermore, there has been a lot of smoke blowing in this case....from the Cummings too....this is not a one way street here....

One question I have though: If LE has Misty saying that she was there and Tommy saying that he was there at some point....the Croslins making up all these stories as to how Haleigh died and was thrown in the river....Misty saying she hid while Haleigh was being tortured.....Tommy claiming to have been with along for the ride while Haleigh body was dumped....they both claiming it was all over a gun....we've all heard the many stories...they've admitted to taking part in this crime soooo....

Why haven't LE arrested them yet? IMO, LE knows that what they're telling is not the truth or only have the truth so they can't arrest them for the murder of Haleigh....and we all agree that LE has more evidence than we know so if what Tommy and Misty said was even remotely backed up with evidence that they have collected...it seems to me that they would've been able to arrest them at this point....but they have not...LE still believes that Misty is not telling them the whole story...If this was only about the Croslins...they already have the admission of guilt from them...yet they still can't solve this case....IMO, it's not just about the Croslins and LE knows this....things still are not adding up for LE...and IMO, things will not add up until MIsty tells them about the Cummings involvement.....LE may not have wanted to hear about Ron...but I wonder if they would be satisfied hearing about Teresa. just a thought. JMO of course

underlined by me..

You have made an excellant point!!!! If it is true..that the LE do not want to hear about Ron from Misty...then it could be..they want to hear about Teresa from Misty....If not Ron...then who else would it be...??? TN?????????..IMO...
If this case is not adding up, then there DEFINATELY IS someone else

of course.......!!!!!!! all in my own opinion.
So many twists and turns......I believe the LE tho, will straighten it all out..
The LE is not letting us know anything of real value to this case, but just watching, reading, observing, one can see ....
Folks are getting nervous....imo....Hoping the truth comes out....imo

Thats true. I doubt we will ever know the actual crime scene. I don't think any forensic evidence was left behind to tell LE.

Yes, I agree Misty was not only the last known person to see Haleigh alive but imo she was the last person that saw Haleigh alive.

IMO

The only deal Ron should have got would be to provide the names of who provide the drugs for sale in the first place. The people that sold their prescriptions to Misty should have been prosecuted just like the rest of them. Wasn't that Donna Brocks charge? To me this would have been a first offense had they arrested her on the first transaction. What was the point of continuing to do all those additional deals if they were not going after the suppliers? That is usually why they do multiple deals to get to the suppliers. I still don't understand why the suppliers were not prosecuted. I am no fan of any of this bunch but I do think Misty got a tough sentence.

The only deal Ron should have got would be to provide the names of who provide the drugs for sale in the first place. The people that sold their prescriptions to Misty should have been prosecuted just like the rest of them. Wasn't that Donna Brocks charge? To me this would have been a first offense had they arrested her on the first transaction. What was the point of continuing to do all those additional deals if they were not going after the suppliers? That is usually why they do multiple deals to get to the suppliers. I still don't understand why the suppliers were not prosecuted. I am no fan of any of this bunch but I do think Misty got a tough sentence.

BBM. I believe part of Ron's deal could have been exactly that, helping in future drug investigations and prosecutions (of Ron's suppliers).

BBM. I believe part of Ron's deal could have been exactly that, helping in future drug investigations and prosecutions (of Ron's suppliers).

Maybe but not sure how he is going to do that behind bars for 15 years. Also wasn't he arrested several other times on drug related issues. How many chances does does this guy get?

I believe there has to be some kind of forencis/evidence for the LE to call this case a Homicide..Not just suspicion..imo...

underlined by me..

You have made an excellant point!!!! If it is true..that the LE do not want to hear about Ron from Misty...then it could be..they want to hear about Teresa from Misty....If not Ron...then who else would it be...??? TN?????????..IMO...
If this case is not adding up, then there DEFINATELY IS someone else

of course.......!!!!!!! all in my own opinion.
So many twists and turns......I believe the LE tho, will straighten it all out..
The LE is not letting us know anything of real value to this case, but just watching, reading, observing, one can see ....
Folks are getting nervous....imo....Hoping the truth comes out....imo

Justus4all....I believe LE will get it straightened out too...if Misty tells the truth.....and I agree folks are getting nervous, walking on pins and needles....IMO, Teresa is afraid she will spend her last days in prison....and if her involvement comes to light....she will....may she rot with the rest of them. I believe Teresa or GMSykes will be that surprise person of interest....it won't be a surprise to me but it will be a knock down shocker to those who have been fooled by her.....Teresa is a good actor.....do they put on plays in prison? just wondering....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752