Misty gets 25 years - Are you happy with the St. John's verdict? ***POLL***

Are you satisfied with the St. John's verdict?

• Yes, justice was served.

Votes: 75 25.8%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because of the drug charges

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • No, she should have gotten a longer sentence because Haleigh is still missing

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • No, I think she should have had a lighter sentence because of her upbringing

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 30 10.3%
  • No, MC should have received the same or lesser sentence than RC.

Votes: 128 44.0%
  • other, I believe that Misty will get her judgement when it is due

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • No. She should have gotten YO given CR testimonies

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.

Oh! :waitasec: I thought it was because LE considered this to be a circus and Misty was a clown :crazy: for being involved in something she was way out of her depth in. Ron may have used her as a 'runner' but she was not real-world drug trafficking material. It was inevitable they'd get into big top trouble quickly with either LE or ... real hoodlum drug traffickers. They were very lucky it was LE!! Stupid is as ....
BBM
Obviously LE, the judge and Misty's nc pleas to seven trafficking charges disagree with your take on the matter.

who said anything about her being compared to Al Capone? Now that is too funny...LOL I would hate to be a follower, and my ringleader could barely read or write....or count....LOL all of them are idiots....

I would love to hear how you view Ron on those tapes...what do you think his position was?

Big deal? you seem offended by my post...why? it is what it is.
Not offended, suspicious. Just pointing out that the term ringleader doesn't mean much when talking about trafficking prescription narcotics, and we shouldn't attach too much weight to the word.

As for the video clips we've seen. Mere fragments of information. The incident reports paint the whole picture.

All I'm saying is that Ron was not controlling Misty, and knowing the facts, I think it's hilarious that anyone believes he did. ;)

Oh that, too. :D But ya know, cyborg, when it comes to trafficking drugs, particularly prescription drugs, the real-world traffickers are the Misty's and the Ron's. No dangerous Mexican cartels, no smuggling across international borders. The big supplier is as near as the family physician's office or the neighborhood pain clinic. Ever look at the bookings in Putnam County? Seen the mugshots? There's not an Einstein among them.

Misty was able to obtain drugs for the UC without Ron's help, and she did a pretty good job of it.
Mu daughter's ex bf's family sell drugs. It's a real family affair, & they've been to the pen, etc...so I'm not speculating. But the mom has told me that she & her husband go to Houston, about a 10 hour round trip, to pick up pills, & then bring them here to sell. Actually, her bro ratted her out to cops, (that fam is always feuding), but they weren't interested. Now, IMO, this sounds like trafficking, but who knows. I called her & told her what happened to this bunch, & she said a few choice words, but it's business as usual for them. I have no idea where they get them, but I'm almost sure it isn't a dr or pharmacy. There's A LOT of this going on, & these people who sell their own prescripts, etc...are just a tip of the iceberg.

Oh that, too. :D But ya know, cyborg, when it comes to trafficking drugs, particularly prescription drugs, the real-world traffickers are the Mistys and the Rons. No dangerous Mexican cartels, no smuggling across international borders. The big supplier is as near as the family physician's office or the neighborhood pain clinic. Ever look at the bookings in Putnam County? Seen the mugshots? There's not an Einstein among them.

Misty was able to obtain drugs for the UC without Ron's help, and she did a pretty good job of it.

Let s not forget those people that were prescribed the medication and sold it to Misty without them there would be no drugs to sell. Prosecution should start with them.

Not offended, suspicious. Just pointing out that the term ringleader doesn't mean much when talking about trafficking prescription narcotics, and we shouldn't attach too much weight to the word.

As for the video clips we've seen. Mere fragments of information. The incident reports paint the whole picture.

All I'm saying is that Ron was not controlling Misty, and knowing the facts, I think it's hilarious that anyone believes he did. ;)

Well can you break down those facts to me....I would appreciate it...

I have a few questions for you: Have you grown up in an environment surrounded by these type of people? Have you known anyone personally "set up" in these type of drug stings? Do you personally know people who sell drugs or run drugs for others? just curious.

Since the beginning, I've gone back & forth on Ron, because I DO think he was trying to better his kid's lives, & looking at his arrest record, it looks like he cleaned up for a long time... but then the gun stories stories, & stories about his horrible temper started coming out, & I seriously started wondering what he was capable of doing. Kim P said that a gaurd had seen Ron take his kids to work, so IMO, Ron wasn't concerned with the rules. & if he was on the phone, even a fraction of what's been reported, he wasn't being monitored very closely. ..or he would've been reprimanded, or sent home, or something. Now, this phone use may have been normal behavior for Ron, & LE would know that from looking at past phone records, but if all those calls weren't normal, then it looks very suspicious. Because why on this night, the same night that his daughter came up missing, would Ron act out of the ordinary? Something was up & he knew it. & then when he got home & Haleigh was missing, I don't believe there was much surprise. even if he wasn't involved. So, if Ron would take his kids to work, & spend so much time on the phone, I think it's likely that he would sneak sneak out.

A lot of this depends on whether one believes all the "stories". Personally, I think that 90% of them are garbage and I base this on how the gossip was originally started. Once rumors start, it's human nature to jump in, add to the stories, and to spread them. So I think most of it is untrue or exaggerated, but that's just me.

Ron would have been able to use his phone on his lunch break, short breaks, and his supper break. With speed dial, he could burn through 20 calls in less than 10 minutes. And he could text many short msgs in seconds. So these calls would have taken very little time on his breaks. If he and Misty had argued a lot in recent days, it's not surprising that he would attempt to call for more discussion. Many young (& not so young) women turn off their phones or refuse to answer when they are mad at their boyfriends. And the boyfriends keep trying the number. What's so unusual about this? I doubt this made him think, Hey, what if Misty is doing something awful to my child. It just made him think that Misty was acting like a female brat. All JMO.

Mu daughter's ex bf's family sell drugs. It's a real family affair, & they've been to the pen, etc...so I'm not speculating. But the mom has told me that she & her husband go to Houston, about a 10 hour round trip, to pick up pills, & then bring them here to sell. Actually, her bro ratted her out to cops, (that fam is always feuding), but they weren't interested. Now, IMO, this sounds like trafficking, but who knows. I called her & told her what happened to this bunch, & she said a few choice words, but it's business as usual for them. I have no idea where they get them, but I'm almost sure it isn't a dr or pharmacy. There's A LOT of this going on, & these people who sell their own prescripts, etc...are just a tip of the iceberg.

I know where you're coming from, dodie (and always have)....I know alot of people like this....so I'm not speculating either....and their not getting their pills from drs or pharmacies...there are many ways to get those pills or any other drug for that matter...

I'm glad that guy is your daughter's EX-bf, Dodie. Sounds like they're pretty hard core.

Illegal drugs come from a variety of sources, and there are bulk suppliers, for sure. So, no it's not just individuals selling their prescriptions. Look at the Jacksonville case mentioned in another thread. Imagine how many scripts that one dentist was writing in exchange for his own drug of choice, crack, and a little sex. There are all kinds of scams.

BTW, would you say the husband is controlling the mom? Do you think the mom was any smarter than Misty when she was 18?

Oh that, too. :D But ya know, cyborg, when it comes to trafficking drugs, particularly prescription drugs, the real-world traffickers are the Mistys and the Rons. No dangerous Mexican cartels, no smuggling across international borders. The big supplier is as near as the family physician's office or the neighborhood pain clinic. Ever look at the bookings in Putnam County? Seen the mugshots? There's not an Einstein among them.

The thing is, Misty's supply was basically on the "Friends and Family" source program with maybe some extended helpers. She was not hardcore per se. Sure there are many like Misty and it is a major problem.

I am not saying that the majority are not this way, I know they are. But I don't call them real-world or hardcore. From various medications I have been given and used few I could easily sell or supply myself to make a few bucks -- if I was that way inclined. I am not.

Just because Misty was selling drugs ... as a hobby ... and thousands of other folks do ... to me ... does not put them in the realm of real-world or hardcore drug traffickers who make fortunes and would kill in a heartbeat to swat these flies. That was my point.

We are talking small-time crooks although Ron was trying to break into the hardcore periphery with his trading guns and pretending to be hard.

I think there were some control issues, but I don't think it went to the extent that a lot of people think. After hearing stories that have been attributed to Crystal & Amber, I think he pulled some of that with Misty. because for the most part, people don't change. But, with that said...Misty was different than those other girls. In a weird way, she was strong & independent. I don't see any indication that she cowered in fear, quite the contrary, she just left & hooked up with another guy. & it's been said that Crystal wasn't allowed to drive, but Ron bought Misty a car...& I think he did that to keep her happy & interested? shower the girl, who had nothing, with gifts, & she might stick around. But even though that's kind of a controlling motive, it's no different than why most people give gifts. I think Ron tried to control Misty, but she was virtually uncontrollable...& I think that friction might have caused Haleigh's downfall.

I think there were some control issues, but I don't think it went to the extent that a lot of people think. After hearing stories that have been attributed to Crystal & Amber, I think he pulled some of that with Misty. because for the most part, people don't change. But, with that said...Misty was different than those other girls. In a weird way, she was strong & independent. I don't see any indication that she cowered in fear, quite the contrary, she just left & hooked up with another guy. & it's been said that Crystal wasn't allowed to drive, but Ron bought Misty a car...& I think he did that to keep her happy & interested? shower the girl, who had nothing, with gifts, & she might stick around. But even though that's kind of a controlling motive, it's no different than why most people give gifts. I think Ron tried to control Misty, but she was virtually uncontrollable...& I think that friction might have caused Haleigh's downfall.

IMO...gifts and stuff are nice and all that, but some girls do not want to be controlled by a guy..no matter what they buy them..
Perhaps Ron's control was more of an abusive control...a force able control..She didn't like it...that's why she would come and go so much..IMO

Well can you break down those facts to me....I would appreciate it...

I have a few questions for you: Have you grown up in an environment surrounded by these type of people? Have you known anyone personally "set up" in these type of drug stings? Do you personally know people who sell drugs or run drugs for others? just curious.
I broke down a few of the facts several posts back.

As for your questions, I'm afraid you'll have to remain curious, because that is none of your business.

I'm glad that guy is your daughter's EX-bf, Dodie. Sounds like they're pretty hard core.

Illegal drugs come from a variety of sources, and there are bulk suppliers, for sure. So, no it's not just individuals selling their prescriptions. Look at the Jacksonville case mentioned in another thread. Imagine how many scripts that one dentist was writing in exchange for his own drug of choice, crack, and a little sex. There are all kinds of scams.

BTW, would you say the husband is controlling the mom? Do you think the mom was any smarter than Misty when she was 18?
The husband most definantly does NOT control the mom. She is HARD...he's no softie, but she's the boss. & this woman is smart...sharp as a tack, & has a bad azz comeback for everything. They both were involved in murders. hers drug related, his poker related, & the ex's gf OD'd & died at their house. The ex moved in with us for awhile, because his bro started making meth, & this guy really wanted to do better, but the pressure from his family was unrelenting. 'you're brother paid the electric bill, what are you gonna do? you think you're too good for us?' I think he would've been disowned if he had stayed clean. Breaks my heart to say, but he's rejoined the 'family business'. A local radio show, hosted by the sheriff, recently did a story on the ex, & all of his troubles. including the family violence against my daughter.

My only problem is child molesters and sex offenders get less time. It just seems strange.

The thing is, Misty's supply was basically on the "Friends and Family" source program with maybe some extended helpers. She was not hardcore per se. Sure there are many like Misty and it is a major problem.

I am not saying that the majority are not this way, I know they are. But I don't call them real-world or hardcore. From various medications I have been given and used few I could easily sell or supply myself to make a few bucks -- if I was that way inclined. I am not.

Just because Misty was selling drugs ... as a hobby ... and thousands of other folks do ... to me ... does not put them in the realm of real-world or hardcore drug traffickers who make fortunes and would kill in a heartbeat to swat these flies. That was my point.

We are talking small-time crooks although Ron was trying to break into the hardcore periphery with his trading guns and pretending to be hard.
Point taken. But the real bone of contention here is whether Ron was controlling Misty in the drug dealing. The facts show that Misty got involved in this mess on her own, without Ron. And when he did become involved, each was as guilty and as responsible as the other.

I agree cyber....good post.

Let s not forget those people that were prescribed the medication and sold it to Misty without them there would be no drugs to sell. Prosecution should start with them.
There's not a doubt in my mind that those people are in some deep "stuff". They just weren't part of this particular investigation.

:)
I will tell you this, suspicious, I haven't lived what anyone would call a sheltered life. Not by a long shot.

Me either Bessie...it was a hard knock life for me....but I'm glad that life is now behind me....but it took a lot to drag me up out of it and I mean alot...and I vowed to never raise my children around that type of environment...ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff