2010.10.14 - Task Force Business Plan

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Task Force Business Plan for the Kyron Horman Investigation
Multnomah Co. Sheriff's Office - 10/14/10
Attached is a copy of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office October 13, 2010 Kyron Horman Investigation-Task Force Business Plan.

The business plan details the task force; a investigative operational strategy, related to the Kyron Horman investigation that allows for a contingent of MCSO detectives to return to serving the community in their previously assigned duties. Assigned detectives from other agencies have been requested by MCSO to augment necessary work in partnership with remaining MCSO detective resources to provide a new perspective for this case.

http://flashalertportland.net/press-releases.html?alert=1

PDF file with plan details:
http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/i...9152/KHTaskForceBusPlanWallsMedia_release.pdf

My notes from the new task force plan:

Newly assigned detectives... to provide a new perspective for this case.

detectives from other agencies will provide a case review and proceed with a fresh perspective

120 day task force

Outcome of task force to be

Determination and assessment of investigation direction

to be completed by Feb 1

detectives from other agencies will provide a case review and proceed with a fresh perspective

120 day task force

to be completed by Feb 1

Interesting.

120 day task force

to be completed by Feb 1

BBM. Sounds like they're back to square one. jmo

Sounds like they do not have a clear idea of how to proceed and need new eyes which is very interesting, would they say that if all they were doing is wrapping up loose ends to make a good case?

A determination of investigation direction? An assessment of the investigation direction? Like will the investigation turn in a different direction? Is the direction they're heading a good one?

Arghh, why does this sound like they may be changing direction. And to what direction do they mean? Prosecute with whatever evidence they have? Look at other suspects?

This so seems to counter what we've been hearing lately, I can't make heads or tails of it.

I really don't care who does what...just wish someone would find Kyron.

I'm very glad they're doing this, re-assessing the case, having the case review, etc.

It looks like a good plan. I've read it twice, but I'm very tired tonight, so will need to read it again tomorrow. But overall, my initial impression is that this is a good plan.

It's detailed, e.g., that they will go through completed leads, and pending leads, and create a prioritized list of leads. That kind of detail is good.

They are giving themselves plenty of time to organize their mountain of evidence. :D
A couple of new people to go through it and make sure they aren't missing something and have potential holes plugged. The original detectives that know every detail still on the case...I love it! Remember this is a business plan and they have to justify every dollar and resource. Doesn't sound like they are back to square one to me at all. :cow:

Staton says "I want to assure everybody in audience, I don't think there's any question about where we're at. not wasting time or throwing money away. MCSO is taking appropriate steps"

I think this case had gotten to me, I will have to concentrate my energies elsewhere. Best of luck to MCSO.

I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling that they have this case almost sewn up when I read the business plan. I am hoping they are only making it seem like they aren't near a solution to throw off the perp.

If it helps to read what Staton said in the earlier press conference when they were announcing the move to a task force......

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said they would be moving to a task-force, more like a "business plan," to better utilize resources in the case and release some, in a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

Staton said there had been "significant movements" in the 15-week investigation and there was a more definitive scope, allowing them to not be as broad in their efforts.

He said investigators were focusing on selective targets in the case that focus would help "support a conclusion."

http://www.kmtr.com/mostpopular/sto...rman-is-not-alive/leLdRue0vkCwCZWH_ntUaw.cspx

It sounds like a good plan to me too BeanE. I believe they are closing in on this case. I also believe it may be wayyyyyyyyy more complicated than we think. I am glad they are being so thorough because I want ALL responsible for Kyron's disappearance to pay. I want all the crimes it might possibly be connected to exposed. And I too want this to be completed soon. That part may not happen as fast as I had hoped. But I have complete faith in this investigative team.

It sounds like a good plan to me too BeanE. I believe they are closing in on this case. I also believe it may be wayyyyyyyyy more complicated than we think. I am glad they are being so thorough because I want ALL responsible for Kyron's disappearance to pay. I want all the crimes it might possibly be connected to exposed. And I too want this to be completed soon. That part may not happen as fast as I had hoped. But I have complete faith in this investigative team.

ITA. I also thinks to the ability of LE here. They are not just saying " the investigation is ongoing". They are saying "this is where we are and this is how we are going to proceed". I like that a lot better than just hearing the same old over and over again. Just because they have laid this out does not mean they do not have any prospects.
IMO

Have they published task force business plans like this in other cases?

Just wondering if some of the phraseology might be the standard office lingo for most plans they've written.

Just wondering why you feel this way and what your thoughts are? ITA.

"Fresh perspective", "120 day task force", and "to be completed by February 1" don't seem like phrases that would indicate an imminent arrest or that the case is nearing conclusion. I'd be interested in the parents' reactions to this latest development. jmo

Where is Kyron?

"Fresh perspective", "120 day task force", and "to be completed by February 1" don't seem like phrases that would indicate an imminent arrest or that the case is nearing conclusion. I'd be interested in the parents' reactions to this latest development. jmo

Where is Kyron?

Fresh perspective = Making sure they aren't missing something where a lawyer could poke holes. Kind of like my kids asking me to double check their homework.

120 Task Force = The amount of time they can ask for before the quarter ends. Doesn't mean that's how much time they'll take...if they need it to get it right, they'll use it. But not indicative of being back to square one.

February 1st = Same as above, justifying funds only

ETA: Just rereading my own post. I don't think they are 100% finished with their homework but have most of it completed and of course, they still need the most important piece of the puzzle...Kyron!

:cow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back