The Texts Messages: Warning! Graphic SEXUALLY EXPLICIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the legal thread, Desquire indicates that LE had no business giving these texts to Kaine...

"Tarver, who is 41, has followed the story from 200 miles away in Roseburg, tied to the unfolding drama by his marriage to Terri Moulton 19 years ago.

They were married in 1991, when Tarver was 22 and she was 21.

But the marriage fizzled, Tarver says, after Moulton began cheating on him and the restaurant they owned together failed."

http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/

On the legal thread, Desquire indicates that LE had no business giving these texts to Kaine...

I disagree.
They are investigating a missing child.
They are fully within their rights to ask him if this is out of character for her?
Is he aware of this relationship?
etc.....

Maybe MC gave a copy to LE and to Kaine. How do we know the LE gave copies to Kaine. They may have just told him about them and Kaine requested a copy from MC. Nothing has been made clear in this reguard other than the text messages exist.

When my family members spouse was cheating on them, cell phone records were obtained through a private investigation firm. My family member was LE officer.

With TY being LE, I would think he could easily advise KH how to run a parallel investigation on his own.

Maybe MC gave a copy to LE and to Kaine. How do we know the LE gave copies to Kaine. They may have just told him about them and Kaine requested a copy from MC. Nothing has been made clear in this reguard other than the text messages exist.

When my family members spouse was cheating on them, cell phone records were obtained through a private investigation firm. My family member was LE officer.

With TY being LE, I would think he could easily advise KH how to run a parallel investigation on his own.

BBM. Well, MC certainly did say he was writing a long letter to Kaine.

I guess my question really should be asked in the legal thread, but I think it was covered. I am not sure what evidence can come into play, legally, without being served a warrant to be admissible in court (and visitation seems to be a Court ordeal.) So, do these texts really matter when presented to a Judge granting the order, or not?

I know public opinion is heavy, but I am more worried about a methodical, logical, strategic approach to making sure things are done with diligence.

Why do you suggests that Kaine got them out in the media? The media is fully capabale of requesting court documents on their own. That's their job...to out scoop the other news outlets. It's completely unfair to blame Kaine for releasing these texts without proof that he is responsible. IMO. All he did was file responses through his attorney to protect his daughter.

I do want to thank you for all your legal expertise. It is very informative and helpful. Thanks!

Let's be clear, I'm not judging Kaine's actions on a personal level - I would do exactly what he has done if I were in his shoes. But let's not be naive, because I don't think Kaine is either naive or stupid. He knows that every word he puts in his filings will be broadcast and hyped by the media. The sexting transcript was clearly included more for public consumption than in an attempt to persuad the judge: the judge already has to presume that Terri tried to have Kaine murdered and is involved in Kyron's disappearance, evidence that she is also capable of behaving like a trashy teenager does not add much to Kaine's argument against parenting time and, as distateful as it is, it's not likely to alter the judge's decision. But parenting time isn't the real issue, Kaine is fighting a bigger fight. You have to know that when he said in his affidavit, "I want [TH] to begin cooperating with law enforcement. I want [TH] to tell the truth. I want [TH] to provide information to investigators that may lead to Kyron's location," he was talking to Terri more than the judge and that the attachment of the transcript was also a message to Terri that if she doesn't give him what he wants he is capable of playing very public and very damaging hardball.

Just got through reading all the texts and the entire thread. Just have to say that now we know that TH needs to change her lifetime sexual partner numbers to SIX. (or at least through July 7th, 2010)

remember how we all were disecting the statements from LE about how they had discovered disturbing things they wished they hadn't in the course of the investigation.

Well what little I read before stopping when it got all nasty, all I can say it I think I know now what they were referring to and I feel that way as well.

Ok....let me get this straight...

...So while Kyron's family is scared to death that they'll never see him ever again, Terri is texting a man she barely knows, whining that she'll never "get any ever again".

...So while Kyron's family and friends are praying to God for the strength to get out of bed each day, Terri is texting a man she barely knows, telling him that she can outbench him and that she's stronger than him.

...So while the world looks at Kyron's beautiful smile in all his photos, praying to God that he comes home, Terri is texting a man, telling him "Imagine the redhead with the halo and the horns...and a smile. That's me."

...So while Desiree is in the media saying "I can remember what I ate that day, how can she not remember what she did that day?", Terri is texting a man she barely knows, telling him that she's eating nutterbutter bites.

...So while Desiree and Kaine are giving a list of Kyron's likes and dislikes, allergies, etc., Terri is texting a man she barely knows, telling him that she likes mushrooms and they need to cook Italian food together. "Good times."

...So while Kaine is answering media questions about Terri's DUI and drinking habits, Terri is texting a man she barely knows, telling him that he's lucky he's not there, because "Dede gave me a drink about an hour ago."

...So while the world watches with growing anxiety as time passes and Kyron isn't found, Terri is texting a man she barely knows, telling him to "watch yrself or you might find out" how "fun" she is.

...So while LE has painstakingly assembled a replica of what Kyron was wearing the last time he was seen, Terri is texting a man she barely knows, telling him that she's wearing underwear and a tank top to bed...and to "think about that".

...So while detectives have passed out fliers with Terri's picture on it, trying to solicit leads regarding her missing stepson's whereabouts, Terri is sending pictures of herself masturbating to a man she barely knows.

...So while search and rescue crews were out in the elements, becoming wet, cold, tired and frustrated, Terri is texting a man she barely knows, telling him to lick her wet fingers.

...So while Kaine and Desiree are all over the airwaves, asking for their son back, Terri is texting a man she barely knows, asking to give him oral sex.

...So while Kaine and Desiree are on the airwaves, telling their missing son that they love him, Terri is texting a man she barely knows, telling him that she "loves the c*ck". (sorry, her words, not mine)

...So while LE is discussing Terri's June 4th timeline and the "missing minutes" at length, Terri is texting a man she barely knows, telling him to just give her "15min and i will make you moan. R U getting hor*ney yet? I want u so bad."

...So while Kaine is crouched on the dirty ground, reading letters and notes from Kyron's Wall of Hope, crying like a baby, Terri is texting a man she barely knows, saying "you said dirty...<insert Beavis laugh>.

...AND THE KICKER....

...So while Kyron's family is completely distraught over their son's disappearance, wondering where he is, if he is safe, hoping and praying for his safe return, Terri Moulton Horman texts a man she barely knows and says "I hope u and I are in a good place." and "I was worried about u."

Enough said, IMO.

Fair point. Paragraph 13 in Kaine's contempt motion reads as if they received all of the information from LE but there is some ambiguity there. LE might have told Kaine all about it and then Kaine somehow got a copy of the transcript indirectly from MC. I'm sure that after retrieveing the information from his phone, LE would have asked MC to authenticate it, so it's conceivable that he might have kept a copy of the transcript he was given and the provided a further copy to Kaine. Seems a little unlikely, but its certainly possible

I had no idea the texts were going to be this bad. Wow.

Fair point. Paragraph 13 in Kaine's contempt motion reads as if they received all of the information from LE but there is some ambiguity there. LE might have told Kaine all about it and then Kaine somehow got a copy of the transcript indirectly from MC. I'm sure that after retrieveing the information from his phone, LE would have asked MC to authenticate it, so it's conceivable that he might have kept a copy of the transcript he was given and the provided a further copy to Kaine. Seems a little unlikely, but its certainly possible

And, if the first few days of sexting were on TH's original (not bat) phone, as some here have suggested, and those phones were under Kaine's phone plan (since TH didn't have her own income), Kaine could have easily requested a copy of the transcripts all by himself. ;)

I guess my question really should be asked in the legal thread, but I think it was covered. I am not sure what evidence can come into play, legally, without being served a warrant to be admissible in court (and visitation seems to be a Court ordeal.) So, do these texts really matter when presented to a Judge granting the order, or not?

I know public opinion is heavy, but I am more worried about a methodical, logical, strategic approach to making sure things are done with diligence.

I think we can assume that LE either obtained a warrant to search MC's phone or he allowed them to search it voluntarily. The question is whether MC gave LE permission to divulge the record of those communications to Kaine. If not, then there may be issues under Oregon's wiretapping statute.

Assuming there are no such issues, then all that would be necessary to have the transcripts admitted into evidence at a civil hearing would be to have one of the participants in the communication authenticate the transcript as a true and correct representation of the communications. This is likely why MC was called to be a witness at the last hearing, although they never got to the issue once the abatement was granted.

It is even remotely possible that TH thought well 'hey they won't be interested in text messages' as that has nothing to do with Kyron........who knows what went thru her mind.....it is interesting that she kept on with this knowing it could be read or maybe she didn't think they would read it or care. IMO
BBM-- More possible, understanding how she can compartmentalize everything.

I think that's what happened.

JMO

That's so right. I can still remember Scott Peterson' supporters saying how his trying to get into Amber Frey's pants while his wife was "missing" was totally normal and meant nothing.

Well, sell crazy somewhere else, we're all full up here.

That bolded line above just made me actually snort out loud.

And, if the first few days of sexting were on TH's original (not bat) phone, as some here have suggested, and those phones were under Kaine's phone plan (since TH didn't have her own income), Kaine could have easily requested a copy of the transcripts all by himself. ;)

Also a good point.
It would raise a pretty interesting legal questions around consent to the recording, whether such a consent can be implied when most cell phone record text data, whether one can have a reasonable expectation os privacy on a family plan phone, etc. So let's hope that's not the case or else the admissibility of the transcript itself will consume weeks of legal wrangling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82