NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just meant that it could be her leg, etc. .any item that had come in contact with decomp from this poor child...it wouldn't have to be her 'body' that went thru the woodchipper..I can't hardly type that..guess that's why I didn't I wasn't clear in my last post...

Hmm...I wonder if dogs would even hit on the prosthetic leg?

Thinking back, AB never stayed at the house after E was arrested.
Did he get 'spooked'??? Like the cummings clan???
Think it was bugged????
AB was looking around and picking up things during the vigil memorial.
Cars parked in circles........odd
That yard, house and wood piles should of been 'off limits' til completely cleared!
I hate the thoughts that zahra could be buried there, but no matter where he dumped her, I want her found!
and a proper burial and celebration of a beautiful girls life!
Please I pray find her soon!

Elisa Baker began talking with investigators after her lawyer approached police offering her assistance, said Maj. Clyde Deal. She had been charged with obstruction of justice after police say she admitted to writing a bogus ransom note which was found at the scene of a fire in the backyard on the day Zahra was reported missing.

Deal said Tuesday that Elisa Baker, 42, was taken to her home earlier this week; however, he declined to elaborate on the purpose of the visit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20020895-504083.html

Did anyone know EB was taken to her home and if so which home?

Hmm...I wonder if dogs would even hit on the prosthetic leg?

They would if she was wearing it when she died and fluids drained onto it. (sorry, that sounds so terrible) OR they could have started to try and dispose of her that way, then decided against it...that could have left decomp behind. Dogs will hit wherever decomp fluid has been..anything that came into contact with Zahra after death has decomp on it..:(

I just meant that it could be her leg, etc. .any item that had come in contact with decomp from this poor child...it wouldn't have to be her 'body' that went thru the woodchipper..I can't hardly type that..guess that's why I didn't I wasn't clear in my last post...

I can't believe I have to think like this...:sick: If Zahra was put through the woodchipper there would be bone fragments that they could test for DNA. The mulch in my landscaping has pieces in it that are large chunks. :sick:

Added after epiphany posted below: So the woodchipper is out...

Prosthetic leg has titanium components>unlikely went through wood chipper.
Good possibility the prosthetic leg may be buried there:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/13/ng.01.html:

DR. HOWARD OLIVER, FORMER DPTY. MEDICAL EXAMINER: Well, like she said, the legs are made out of titanium, and a wood chipper could not possibly grind that up, or the plastic, either. The grinding the body up, however, would leave so much evidence, you`d have to practically destroy the wood chipper to get rid of the evidence.

What if they burried her in the backyard and then created the woodchip pile on top of where they burried her -- would the dogs have missed it ? As in if she was burried - in the ground - under a pile of mulch/woodchips would that have thrown the dogs off ? Or would the dogs have hit on it ?

I have a question about the decomp. Maybe you can answer it for me sarx. Does it have to be decomp FLUIDS or can it just be gasses for the dogs to hit. I appriciate your helping me sarx in my oppinion you have been invaluable to me on this! TIA

Thanks for pointing me to this, things get lost in here! (AND I don't think I'm getting PM's, so if anyone has tried I am NOT ignoring you!!!)

I will preface this with my answers only apply to properly trained dogs.....

Yes, if a person is buried a dog can still find them.

Yes, there are dogs that can smell burned victims or ones covered up by burns (this is more specific training, so I would not say all can).

Yes, a burn could conceal a grave if it was large enough. (I am by no way saying this is the case, JUST answering the question for future reference). I would be surprised if the FBI/LE did not go through the burn area very thoroughly though and think of this scenario, it's certainly one that has been used before.

They have dogs that can smell bodies under the water!

I am so on edge waiting for the presser at 4:30. Waiting has never been one of my strong points.

LE needs to us give information about what they have found.
Hopefully they have found precious Zahra.

A decomposing human body . . . the dogs are trained to hit on "human decomp", not animals (is this correct, sarx?)

Ugh, I hate this question (just because of the can of worms it opens on training, not the question itself).... Again, yes, properly trained dogs will NOT hit on anything but human scent. They may very well notice it or sniff it, but they should not alert on it. I cannot speak for all of the dogs out there, but I know a number of them are very good and highly trained. They have been using multiple dogs to verify things, so even if one gets it wrong there are others to back up or disprove.

I guess if your neighbors have large equipment and are in the tree business with wood piles and mulch;
I guess the use of chain saws, high lifts, wood chipper etc and no one would think it was odd.

Elisa Baker began talking with investigators after her lawyer approached police offering her assistance, said Maj. Clyde Deal. She had been charged with obstruction of justice after police say she admitted to writing a bogus ransom note which was found at the scene of a fire in the backyard on the day Zahra was reported missing.

Deal said Tuesday that Elisa Baker, 42, was taken to her home earlier this week; however, he declined to elaborate on the purpose of the visit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20020895-504083.html

Did anyone know EB was taken to her home and if so which home?

No, Deal would not ID which home. Perhaps, she has been there already---EB not removed from cell today.

I can't believe I have to think like this...:sick: If Zahra was put through the woodchipper there would be bone fragments that they could test for DNA. The mulch in my landscaping has pieces in it that are large chunks. :sick:

Added after epiphany posted below: So the woodchipper is out...

If Zahra had gone through the woodchipper we would know about it, I am certain of that.

What if they burried her in the backyard and then created the woodchip pile on top of where they burried her -- would the dogs have missed it ? As in if she was burried - in the ground - under a pile of mulch/woodchips would that have thrown the dogs off ? Or would the dogs have hit on it ?

Dogs are trained for buried situations, they'd hit on it.

Yes..and there would have been blood everywhere..how would they ever clean a wood chipper of blood from a body?//and how far would it spit it out..I can't imagine that they would ever be able to clean that up so that LE didn't find anymore than they did..that's what makes me wonder if they made an attempt to dispose of her that way, leaving traces of decomp behind.

TOTAL SPECULATION >.for that matter Zahra could have been brushed up against the woodchipper at some point during disposal..or say for instance she was wrapped in a sheet that was soaked with decomp fluid, then the fluid was transferred in some manner..laid on top on the wd chipper...

I agree, it's extremely difficult to think about much less discuss..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy