GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

Just saw on FB that money raised at a fundraiser is going completely to Paige's mom. First, it was just part of it (the lion's share) and the rest to the Foundation that has offered the reward so that the reward could be increased. Now an individual form the foundation posted that Paige's mother asked them for the rest of the money. Something about all of this is not sitting right with me. I realize that people react to things differently, but I have barely seen or heard from this woman since Paige went missing, I have not heard of her actively searching or anything yet she's collecting funds? I don't have kids but if one of my nieces was missing you would not be able to get my mug off of the TV. According to the paper here, Paige's daughter is with the father's family, so the money certainly did not go towards that. As a matter of fact, that family refused money and stated they would like it to go towards the reward. Then Paige's mom swoops in and grabs it.

Flame if you will, this is just REALLY bothering me. It reminds me of other greed that showed itself when people were missing in other cases. I understand this woman may have fallen on hard times, even before Paige's disappearance, but believe me- there are PLENTY of organizations within the Greater Cincinnati area that provide assistance. Why take it from reward money to find your missing child????

I just read where Ryan, director of Northern KY Youth Organization will be interviewed by channel 12, more than likely be aired at noon today concerning what went on yesterday. In addition to the reward money, six volunteers going to do a search in a wooded area in Wilder were ordered to go home by the sheriffs dept. Said there has to be a 24 hour notice prior to a search.
I do have one question that I hope someone can answer. IF Paige is found safe and had run away, at the age of 17, what are her options? Or is it mandatory she be returned to her mother?

If your blood pressure is rising right now, better take a double dose of medicine prior to the news at noon. Providing the interview is aired at that time.

Okay, so I recorded all of the 12 News reports (ongoing) and on the Local 12 First @Four report they talked about there being a dispute over the money raised and that the police were called today. Then they said more at 6pm.

Nothing yet on the search team being sent away. I will update as I hear anymore stories.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Paige-Johnson-Fundraiser-Flap/6zW9HEsNQEym7XQ2ogrTqA.cspx

Edit to say the video story was almost word for word of the print story. If I see a link to the video I will post it.
Anchor did add: NKYouth Foundation has boosted reward to $1500.00 and they will use the remaining $225.00 on printing flyers and assist in any searches for Paige.

Thanks NewsJunkie! I just now got home from work and was not able to check in to any of the news sites all day. Honestly I did not think the media would pick this up so quickly.

Poor Lisa, she was just trying to do something good and ends up being on the receiving end of controversy.

It still does not make sense to me why someone would not want that money to go toward finding Paige. Well, it is what it is, I suppose, and if these people are indeed being dishonest about setting up a trust fund or whatever, they are the ones that have to live with themselves, IMO. In the end what matters most is that Paige is found.

I just read where Ryan, director of Northern KY Youth Organization will be interviewed by channel 12, more than likely be aired at noon today concerning what went on yesterday. In addition to the reward money, six volunteers going to do a search in a wooded area in Wilder were ordered to go home by the sheriffs dept. Said there has to be a 24 hour notice prior to a search.
I do have one question that I hope someone can answer. IF Paige is found safe and had run away, at the age of 17, what are her options? Or is it mandatory she be returned to her mother?

This is a good question cpatz! I would imagine that if she is a runaway there will be some sort of ramifications. By the time all that is sorted out she will likely no longer be a minor (not sure when her bday is?) We have juvenile court/detention in my county in Ohio and I would imagine it is the same in Kentucky. I'm not certain though and I hope someone can answer that for us.

HOPEFULLY there is someone who would take this poor girl under their wing, give her support and show her how to make her way through life as a productive adult. It seems up to this point she has not had a positive role model in her life, but it's not too late to turn this around if she is still with us.

l_5adb7fef788584752f266414fdb7b701.jpg

I just saw this picture on Myspace, not sure if anyone has seen it before, and I know overall this does not help the case that this is still a missing young girl. I have been following this story since the middle of Oct and have been just reading and not posting on this site. I hope she is found very soon, because I know that we all have our own opinions.... I just am hoping for the best...

Has anybody seen the FB "Paige you are safe here" lately???? I am at a lose for words on this. I would think the most important thing right now is bringing Paige home safe instead of going back and forth on FB. But there is some very interesting stuff on the discussion part of the page.

man, it's just a cycle within some families . . . doesn't anyone learn from others' mistakes? Jeez . . .

Just watched the 11 news (channel 12) that I recorded. Lead story was a $2000.00 reward for a robber of a store and my heart sank that more is offered to solve this than to find Paige.

Nothing on Paige on this broadcast. :snooty:

Cedarpoint thanks for the pic and :Welcome-12-june:

I also watched the 11 o'clock news and it is very upsetting that more is being offered for the store robbery . Dont get me wrong I understand the lady was shot in the foot but she is probably at home with her family where as Paige is not.

I just saw this picture on Myspace, not sure if anyone has seen it before, and I know overall this does not help the case that this is still a missing young girl. I have been following this story since the middle of Oct and have been just reading and not posting on this site. I hope she is found very soon, because I know that we all have our own opinions.... I just am hoping for the best...

Thank you for the picture cedar. She's just a big kid huh? Makes me think of my teens when they get the sillies!

Prayers for you Paige. Come home soon sweetie.

Just in case people didn't notice (because I did not at first) take a close look at what Paige is holding and what appears to be two white lines on it.

Again, I pray that someone takes this poor girl under their wing and shields her from all of the bad influence that seemed to be surrounding her before she went missing.

There is another picture at that same site of her sister sitting with her leg propped up, proudly displaying the monitor around her ankle as if she's Lindsay Lohan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back