Trial - Leonard P. Gonzalez, Jr. UPDATE -- Found Guilty

Hugh had a decent job (oil platform work) and he could have cashed in on a retirement plan??? But I definitely think that they also were in up to their eyeballs in all this.

Absolutely! But they were also up to their eyeballs in debt considering all the properties in forclosure. I just wish LE and the SAO's office had held off longer and investigated the case further and in more depth before trials.

I worry about what's gonna happen in the appeals process, cuz Jr.'s attorneys were just so bad, IMO.

I agree. Especially if it is a death penalty case. Not good.

Salem

I don't think so, as they are all separate cases. JMO.
I'm afraid that all the other cases will just follow suit with too many loose ends hanging that will never be resolved or answered. I dunno. IMO, it was more than surprising that a jury was able and allowed to be assembled in Escambia County on this case. After LPG, Jr.'s case is tried there, the others may follow in simplicity and without the answers that this complicated case deserves. Too many loose ends are left hanging.

The trial was quick and slick. It did not get bogged down with sub plots that may have befuddled the jury. It does not matter if someone else was working with him he was still guilty as hell and the jury found him so without wasting millions of dollars on a long trial full of confusing evidence.

If OJ's trial had not dragged on so long and involved so much trivia perhaps the jury would have found him guilty.

The trial was quick and slick. It did not get bogged down with sub plots that may have befuddled the jury. It does not matter if someone else was working with him he was still guilty as hell and the jury found him so without wasting millions of dollars on a long trial full of confusing evidence.

If OJ's trial had not dragged on so long and involved so much trivia perhaps the jury would have found him guilty.

LA is not P'cola. Not spending enough time or manpower on this P'cola case means someone who shouldn't, will walk.

And Pensacola gets back to "business as usual". IMHO, I does matter if someone set him up to take the fall so that they could commandeer a mega-million criminal enterprise. . .

Wasn't aware Coldiron refused. Please provide source/details.

Sorry I do not have links. In speaking with an investigator involved with the case yesterday he was telling me this. So I suppose that's heresay? I appologize.

Watching live: http://www.fox10tv.com/generic/video/LiveStream_FOX10

Billings daughter Ashley was on the stand testifying regarding Gonzalez's sentencing ..Says 477 days ago we lost our mother and father..So so sad.

Gonzalez : I don't want my wife or kids pictures put in the media. Well you should have thought about that before you comitted this horrible crime.

Coldiron was offered and he refused. Not sure about the others.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Gonzalez Jr, and two other suspects who will be tried separately, Wayne Coldiron, 42, and Donnie Stallworth, 29.

Two other men, Gary Sumner, 31, and Leonard Patrick Gonzalez, Sr., 57, are also charged with two counts of murder and one count of home invasion robbery.

Frederick Thornton, 20, pleaded no contest to second degreem murder for his role in the crime. Rakeem Florence, who was 16 at the time of the murder, pleaded guilty to the same charge. Both men accepted plea agreements from the Florida State Attorney's Office in exchange for their testimony against Gonzalez. Thornton and Florence could face life in prison.

An eighth suspect, Pamela Long Wiggins, is charged as an accessory after the crime.

Watching live: http://www.fox10tv.com/generic/video/LiveStream_FOX10

Billings daughter Ashley was on the stand testifying regarding Gonzalez's sentencing ..Says 477 days ago we lost our mother and father..So so sad.

Gonzalez : I don't want my wife or kids pictures put in the media. Well you should have thought about that before you comitted this horrible crime.

Sooooooooooo many victims. I doubt he will ever realize the full picture of what he has done.

Gonzalez's mom on the stand. States she was 15yo when she had Patrick. Was married at 15 and divorce at 17. She had only gained 9 lbs when she was pregnant, she was a anemic, was beaten by her husband Leonard Gonzalez SR. when she was pregnant. Patrick was diagnosed with ADHD and she did not want him on any medication and being he had so much energy she enrolled him when he was 4yo in Korean martial arts. (Patrick is wiping away tears as his mother speaks). He loved his step-sister who was younger then him. He was very protective of her. Patrick is again wiping away his tears and smiled when mom mentioned his step sister.. She has family pictures she is showing to the Jury. Mom took him out of school in the 7th grade and home schooled him. He continued with martial arts everyday, drama classes, football, chorus and went to church. Mom got married in 1980 and was adopted by her husband.At 17yo he started getting involved in drugs, started drinking, started stealing from cars. He stole from a store at age 19yo and attempted suicide by taking sleeping pills shortly after his arrest.

Con't

Mom talking about Patrick wife, who suffered a miscarriage at the time of his arrest. Patrick eyes are watery, face is red when his mom said that. Mom said he is a great dad very patient with his children. He loves kids enjoys teaching them. He had been teaching them since he was 9yo. He was an advocate for children in fact him and his wife started a program for children and women on how to be safe. Well if he cared so much for children, how could he do this in front of the Billings children???????. Mom showing more pictures of sweet Patrick.:furious: I don't think I can take anymore of this. Patrick speaks to his children but Mom does not have money to send him to make those phone calls. She has no money. When asked what his positive side of his behavior..Patrick is a kind person, would give people his last penny if he could. He helped everybody but when he was taking his medication he was a different person. I dont know what happen. His wife would have never married him. Anything else you want to say before there decision that he be put to death? Mom crying...Its not my will, its thy will, so whatever your heart is, is on your heart, you do what you think is the right thing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back