Cracked Crab...Priscilla White....Strange??

Ames

Reaction score
6 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, all I can specifically
7 remember was the cracked crab.
I think they had a
8 turkey dinner. But I think she made, she always
9 makes these little hot dogs with barbecue sauce
10 that the kids love.
I remember her specifically,
11 Priscilla coming over this big plate of cracked
12 plate making little plates,
and I wanted to save
13 these out for JonBenet and she took them out and
14 put them in the plate

15 LOU SMIT: What were they?
16 JOHN RAMSEY: I think it was the cracked
17 crab
18 MIKE KANE: What is cracked crab? I'm from
19 the east. I don't know --
20 JOHN RAMSEY: She doesn't take all of it.
21 It's like pieces of crab that are cut up. They're
22 cold.
23 MIKE KANE: They're real crab?
24 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. They're boiled like.
25 They're already broken. They're like just chunks
1 of, like somebody has already broken up the legs
2 and I guess it was like king crab that was
3 partially open.
4 MIKE KANE: Okay.
5 JOHN RAMSEY: But she specifically, I
6 just remember her making little plates going down
7 the line. Which, in retrospect, seems a little
8 strange.

--------------------------------------------------------

23 TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. But you do remember the
24 cracked crab.
25 PATSY RAMSEY: I just remember Priscilla had
1 dip and she said, I know your kids like seafood. I
2 will hold this little plate out for JonBenet to make
3 sure she gets some.
4 TRIP DEMUTH: You remember that.
5 PATSY RAMSEY: I remember that. Well, I
6 thought that is nice to make sure that we don't devour
7 it before the kids get some, but she specifically
8 mentioned JonBenet's name. And at that time it kind
9 of, you know, flew over. But then when you are trying
10 to remember things later, it seems, you know, a little
11 strange.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Johns says that Priscilla giving JB Cracked Crab...."In retrospect, seems a little strange". Patsy said.."But then when you are trying to remember things later (Ames...RETROSPECT!), it seems, you know, a little strange".

You KNOW they discussed what they were going to say concerning PW and that cracked crab. Yeah, J and P...Priscilla saving JB out some Cracked Crab is "very strange" considering JOHN asked her (Priscilla) to save some out for her (JB).

Ames;

I'm so happy you brought this up. I was going through the transcripts on candy rose last week and got hung on this conversation for some reason. Since I have been busy I have not thought about why yet. I just assumed throw Priscilla under the bus.

Still haven't gone through the mental process of why it is a conversation that needs analyzing, in the process of moving again, so no time to think.

The little hot dogs in bbq sauce I assume are my sister's 1980's deal of lil' smokies in the crock pot with bbq and grape jelly. Full jars in a large pot with as many lil's smokies as you can fit. She says they are wonderful, like sweet and sour sausages. IDK, never tried it.

What is up with the crab? Not the "I don't know, I can't remember, it is odd" Ramensia. Just what? (I think it was kind of the hostess to care for the children first, also maybe JonBenet was not allowed to eat much so she could loose her baby fat, baby fat legs, etc... and others noticed.)

And/or, what does partially digested crab look like, or did JonBenet have allergic reactions that would create red blotches?

Why must it be "STRANGE" for JR and PR? An act of kindness, courtesy, simple etiquette from a hostess and friend is strange?

Sorry, just going with it.

Ames;

What is up with the crab? Not the "I don't know, I can't remember, it is odd" Ramensia. Just what? (I think it was kind of the hostess to care for the children first, also maybe JonBenet was not allowed to eat much so she could loose her baby fat, baby fat legs, etc... and others noticed.)

And/or, what does partially digested crab look like, or did JonBenet have allergic reactions that would create red blotches?

Why must it be "STRANGE" for JR and PR? An act of kindness, courtesy, simple etiquette from a hostess and friend is strange?

JB ate crab all the time had no seafood allergies that were made known, so don't know what you mean about the red blotches.
JR ASKED PW to save a plate of the crab for JB. Nothing strange about it, except that the Rs were in agreement about who they would point a finger at.

Ames;

I'm so happy you brought this up. I was going through the transcripts on candy rose last week and got hung on this conversation for some reason. Since I have been busy I have not thought about why yet. I just assumed throw Priscilla under the bus.

Still haven't gone through the mental process of why it is a conversation that needs analyzing, in the process of moving again, so no time to think.

The little hot dogs in bbq sauce I assume are my sister's 1980's deal of lil' smokies in the crock pot with bbq and grape jelly. Full jars in a large pot with as many lil's smokies as you can fit. She says they are wonderful, like sweet and sour sausages. IDK, never tried it.

I actually posted this over at FFJ years ago, and just thought to bring it over here. The Ramseys...IMO...was trying to make it look as if JB may have been drugged or something, by the Whites, using the Cracked Crab...which is a load of bull. They were thowing all of their friends under the bus and running over them...and then taking them and throwing them against the wall to see which one of them would stick.

This is standard questioning by the police they asked them about their friends and neighbors.

Even then in 1996 food allergies and kids was common knowledge. I hate to update your Emily Post etiquette rules but to minimize the risk a hostess should assist the mother of multiple small children not old enough to hold a plate and go through a buffet line. I think JBR was at least old enough to walk beside her Mom or Dad and say what she wanted and they knew she was eating healthy foods. It is ultimately the parents responsibility to monitor their child's diet. I know my neighbors children and I do not know if they have food issues or allergies.

This is standard questioning by the police they asked them about their friends and neighbors.

Even then in 1996 food allergies and kids was common knowledge. I hate to update your Emily Post etiquette rules but to minimize the risk a hostess should assist the mother of multiple small children not old enough to hold a plate and go through a buffet line. I think JBR was at least old enough to walk beside her Mom or Dad and say what she wanted and they knew she was eating healthy foods. It is ultimately the parents responsibility to monitor their child's diet. I know my neighbors children and I do not know if they have food issues or allergies.

I'm not exactly clear on what you're saying. The point of the previous posts is that both JR and PR made a point of mentioning the crab and 'how strange' it was for Priscilla to put some aside, when JR had actually asked her to do just that.

I'm not exactly clear on what you're saying. The point of the previous posts is that both JR and PR made a point of mentioning the crab and 'how strange' it was for Priscilla to put some aside, when JR had actually asked her to do just that.

Where does it say Priscilla was asked by JR to hold out the crab?
I didn't read that in the testimony.

I think the fact that she was making all those little plates is a little weird.
Little is the key word here.

The R's know the LE is fishing for evidence of grooming so behavior that is especially nice and directed towards children is what they are looking for.

If this is the best info the R's have of adults being unusually kind to children.......

Cooperating with police means you will be giving info that may, and may not be used to help catch the IDI.

The R's don't know who did it (according to them).

Since the RN contains some pretty personal info they would be right to assume someone who knows them would be good suspects.

Even if "acting" they would need to act suspicious of friends and neighbors as the RN denotes info that is personal in nature.

Recalling small details that just seemed quirky or a little out of the ordinary.

I don't see this as throwing PW under the bus just recalling behavior that seemed Okay at the time but when you look back you wonder?

Remember the cops are looking for a pedophile and grooming is part of the process.

Where does it say Priscilla was asked by JR to hold out the crab?
I didn't read that in the testimony.

I think the fact that she was making all those little plates is a little weird.
Little is the key word here.

The R's know the LE is fishing for evidence of grooming so behavior that is especially nice and directed towards children is what they are looking for.

If this is the best info the R's have of adults being unusually kind to children.......

Cooperating with police means you will be giving info that may, and may not be used to help catch the IDI.

The R's don't know who did it (according to them).

Since the RN contains some pretty personal info they would be right to assume someone who knows them would be good suspects.

Even if "acting" they would need to act suspicious of friends and neighbors as the RN denotes info that is personal in nature.

Recalling small details that just seemed quirky or a little out of the ordinary.

I don't see this as throwing PW under the bus just recalling behavior that seemed Okay at the time but when you look back you wonder?

Remember the cops are looking for a pedophile and grooming is part of the process.

"and I wanted to save
13 these out for JonBenet
and she took them out and
14 put them in the plate."

I hate to update your Emily Post etiquette rules but to minimize the risk a hostess should assist the mother of multiple small children not old enough to hold a plate
"I remember her specifically,
12 plate making little plates"
He requested her to save them for JBR. She was doing the "Emily Post etiquette rules" by making little plates for the children. So which is it...you who feel it is necessary to "enlighten" us...being a good hostess or being weird? You can't have it both ways.

The only person in this case looking for a pedophile was L.Smit.
Nothing about this crime points to a pedophile.IMO.
If it were a pedophile the RN would have been something like Karr's confession,all about Jonbenet,their love,sex and romance.The note doesn't even mention her NAME.A pedophile would have focused on the victim not her father.

I think they started "suspecting" people around them because they had no choice.JD told them it was someone close,so they had a problem,they had to come up with stuff that others did and were "strange".....after JD was out of the picture and LS joined the team it was the misterious -stranger pedo intruder,more convenient.A .....nobody.

I forgot.There was another person suspecting a sex ring is involved,S.Singular.But his theory says a parent is involved as well.So no stranger- intruder.

"and I wanted to save
13 these out for JonBenet
and she took them out and
14 put them in the plate."

"I remember her specifically,
12 plate making little plates"
He requested her to save them for JBR. She was doing the "Emily Post etiquette rules" by making little plates for the children. So which is it...you who feel it is necessary to "enlighten" us...being a good hostess or being weird? You can't have it both ways.

It is weird for a hostess to make all the children's plate.
It would not be considered good etiquette in this day and age with allergies and food issues with children. Assist the mother don't take it upon yourself, you may offend the parent or serve something the child does not like.

Here is a link to an etiquette site about a woman hosting a Christmas party.
No where does it state she should make plates for the children. It has quite a few comments for making the occasion special and no one even brings up a hostess making plates for the children. Children are discussed, what to serve them on, how to make it special for them, how to avoid problems etc.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/675130

No where in that statement does John ask her to do this--- Priscilla states she is doing it. It wasn't worded as a request he was informed by Priscilla she was dong it. Consent is not asked nor was it given.

Priscilla mentions JBR by name and does not mention any other child she is getting special items for.

I did read in one interview where the Ramseys were talking about how thoughtful PW was for saving the crab for JB as she knew how much JonBenet loved it. This was not the first Christmas dinner they had spent with the Whites, after all and it is stated that the cracked crab is a staple at their Christmas dinner!
If you remember, this questioning came after the altercation between John and Fleet in Atlanta. I firmly believe that Fleet confronted John with his feeling that John and/or Patsy was the killer. After that, they would have done anything necessary to point the finger at Fleet and Priscilla. I would like to know what John had on Fleet that kept him from going public with his knowledge because there had to be something and it has to be big or Fleet and Priscilla would have outed the Ramseys years ago.

I don't find Priscilla saving/making a plate up for JBR at all strange. I get the impression that before the Ramsays were accusing their friends of murder, they were quite close to the Whites. What strengthens this is that the Whites were among the people they called on the morning of 26th. Whether IDI or RDI, you wouldn't be calling random neighbours to your house.

Another reason this is not strange to me I know my friend's little boy loves salad (especially cucumber) so if ever I have people over and he will be there i make a plate with lots of cucumber especially for him so that he doesn't miss out if all the salad gets eaten.

I did read in one interview where the Ramseys were talking about how thoughtful PW was for saving the crab for JB as she knew how much JonBenet loved it. This was not the first Christmas dinner they had spent with the Whites, after all and it is stated that the cracked crab is a staple at their Christmas dinner!
If you remember, this questioning came after the altercation between John and Fleet in Atlanta. I firmly believe that Fleet confronted John with his feeling that John and/or Patsy was the killer. After that, they would have done anything necessary to point the finger at Fleet and Priscilla. I would like to know what John had on Fleet that kept him from going public with his knowledge because there had to be something and it has to be big or Fleet and Priscilla would have outed the Ramseys years ago.

Since none of us know what FW and JR were fighting about speculation abounds.

Since personal info about the R's was in the RN (and this is if they are innocent) every person they know makes it to their personal suspect list. Investigations into murders often bring to a head unrelated arguments from friends and even family members. Innocent actions like Priscilla holding out crab for JBR take on a sinister aspect when your child has been murdered and you are trying to figure out if anybody you know real well could have been involved.
FW could have been upset he made it to the list at all and felt that JR didn't have the right to look at him and his wife as possible suspects. Since it wasn't their child murdered the White's have a hard time being thought of as suspects. They don't know what it is like to not know and have only a few clues.
This person knows you well.
There is possible previous abuse of your daughter, where did she spend time outside of your direct supervision?

The White's become suspects simply because they knew the family well and JBR often played with their daughter without Patsy at the home with her.

By not realizing that this is standard police procedure to suspect all friends and family it could have caused a lot of friction in their friendship.

Past minor issues become big issues.

Fleet seems to be upset about the way the investigation is being conducted. He feels it is a waste of time to investigate himself and wife. He never states outright that he believes the R's did it just that they make better suspects than himself and his wife.

What we don't know about this case could completely change our minds about who dun it and how, why, where, etc.

That is why I hope there is an arrest and trial at some point. We know too little about what could be the most important clues found.

That all would make perfect sense if the fight between JR and FW had happened after the police had questioned the Ramseys and asked them if they knew anyone who could possibly have done this.
The "fight" happened the day of JonBenet's funeral and as far as we know, Fleet White was the only person who had actually seen John's reaction upon finding JonBenet. He also knew that he had looked in that room himself and did not see her laying there. I firmly believe (and I think Fleet did too) that JonBenet had not been laying in that room earlier in the morning. Someone had to have moved her there and that person, imo, was John Ramsey. I'm sure Fleet wanted to know why John did that. I would have too, wouldn't you? Everyone says it was too dark for Fleet to have seen her when he looked but it was also too dark for John to have seen her. John shouted as soon as he opened that door and that told Fleet everything he needed to know.

Beck I agree except I thought it had been proven medically that she hadn't been moved? I do wonder if she had been against the wall with the screens in front of her to begin with and then later just moved a few feet would they be able to determine that?

So what does Emily Post have to do with this crime? Maybe she's the intruder.

John asked Priscilla to save a plate out of Cracked Crab for JB, so obviously she didn't have a food allergy to it....then he thought it was "strange" that she saved out a plate of cracked crab for JB. HUH???

It is weird for a hostess to make all the children's plate.
It would not be considered good etiquette in this day and age with allergies and food issues with children. Assist the mother don't take it upon yourself, you may offend the parent or serve something the child does not like.

Here is a link to an etiquette site about a woman hosting a Christmas party.
No where does it state she should make plates for the children. It has quite a few comments for making the occasion special and no one even brings up a hostess making plates for the children. Children are discussed, what to serve them on, how to make it special for them, how to avoid problems etc.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/675130

No where in that statement does John ask her to do this--- Priscilla states she is doing it. It wasn't worded as a request he was informed by Priscilla she was dong it. Consent is not asked nor was it given.

Priscilla mentions JBR by name and does not mention any other child she is getting special items for.

Sorry...you are wrong.
I remember her specifically,
11 Priscilla coming over with this big plate of cracked
12 plate making little plates, and I wanted to save
13 these out for JonBenet and she took them out and
14 put them in the plate.

John says.."I remember her specifically, Priscilla coming over with this big plate of cracked (crab) plate, making little plates, and I wanted to save these out for JonBenet and she took them out and put them in the plate. John said.."I wanted to save....not SHE wanted to save". And so the h*ll what if she called JB by name. WOW...that must mean that she is GUILTY of something, then. She made out a plate of cracked crab, because John asked her to, and then...(GASP!) she calls JonBenet by NAME!!! OMG!!!
I am not trying to be rude to you, but do you realize just how ridiculous that sounds??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back