David Cassidy arrested for DUI in Florida

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/story.aspx?storyid=154555&catid=250

FORT PIERCE, Florida -- Florida Highway Patrol arrested actor David Cassidy Wednesday night on the Florida Turnpike in St. Lucie County on DUI charges.
The actor, 60, who lives on Ocean Drive in Fort Lauderdale posted bail and was released from jail 3:30 AM Thursday, according to FHP.
The FHP report says Cassidy was southbound on the turnpike near exit 152 in St. Lucie County in a white Mercedes when he was pulled over for weaving and nearly causing an accident on the Florida Turnpike at about 8 PM.
After he was pulled over, the FHP trooper reported that Cassidy was apologetic, appeared nervous and confused and smelled of alcohol. He told the trooper that he had has a glass of wine at lunchtime and a hydrocodone pill at 3:30 PM.
After exiting his Mercedes, the trooper said Cassidy was unsteady on his feet and had to be instructed several times to stay on the shoulder of the highway.
A second tropper arrived and gave Cassidy a field sobriety test, according to the FHP report. He failed all three tests, FHP reported, and he was placed under arrest at about 8:30 PM.
After his arrest, FHP searched the vehicle and found a half-empty 700 milliliter bottle of Labrot Graham Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon in the right back seat floorboard in a location still accessible to the driver, FHP reported.
After the field sobriety test, Cassidy was given a breath test and blew a .139 and .141 percent blood-alcohol content. The legal limit in Florida is .08.
David Cassidy is best known for his role as the character of Keith Partridge in the 1970s musical/sitcom "The Partridge Family." The role turned him into a teen idol in the 1970s and he continues to perform as a musician and actor.
Fellow "Partridge Family" alum[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Bonaduce"] Danny Bonaduce[/ame], who played Cassidy's smart-aleck younger brother on the show, has had run-ins with the law and has turned his personal problems into success as a reality TV star

Maybe it's just as well that we didn't end up getting married like I thought we would when I was 11.

Oh No!!! Say it ain't so! :hand: One of my ringtones on my cellphone is: " I think I Love You"! He was my teen idol, not Donny Osmond!:snooty:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNXkrX3fGKA[/ame]

Lol, this happened here, ahaha. I was in the postoffice when a deputy came in and told everybody. He'll be back in a month to go to court is what I heard. oxycondin and dui. bad news in this strict county.

He lives not too far from me on the beach. I see him every once in a while at a little newstand I go to - they have the racing forms. He's REAL BIG into race horses now.

Local news says he was attending a funeral and on his way back home. He's going to fight this (so he says) and is shopping attorneys.

He lives not too far from me on the beach. I see him every once in a while at a little newstand I go to - they have the racing forms. He's REAL BIG into race horses now.

Local news says he was attending a funeral and on his way back home. He's going to fight this (so he says) and is shopping attorneys.

Is Barry Cohen still around? He's as high profile as you get in Fl lol. Even has his own Wiki, now that's big (or he put it there himself lol).

I am disappointed in DC. I remember seeing a tell all show years ago, I think it was on VHI and he was whining about how he was overworked and underapreciated and couldnt play "his" music on the show yada yada yada.

Yes he was hot, but I always had more respect for the Osmonds because they tryed to stay out of the media bs and didnt dis being child stars.

WOW ... i never knew that hydrocodone can register on the BAL test... silly me :)

Is Barry Cohen still around? He's as high profile as you get in Fl lol. Even has his own Wiki, now that's big (or he put it there himself lol).

I am disappointed in DC. I remember seeing a tell all show years ago, I think it was on VHI and he was whining about how he was overworked and underapreciated and couldnt play "his" music on the show yada yada yada.

Yes he was hot, but I always had more respect for the Osmonds because they tryed to stay out of the media bs and didnt dis being child stars.
Funny the first time I ran into him my DD was with me. He is a little guy and wears a coat collar up and a hat - he doesn't want to be recognized. I was chatting with the guy at the counter (I always go in there) and DC looked at my DD and gave her a big smile but wouldn't look at me. After he left - the owner (counter guy) said to me "do you know who that was?" I was floored! Guess that's why he doesn't look at women my age - THEY KNOW HIM - but my DD was like 13 when this happened and she had no clue! lol

Don't know about Cohen - think he's in Miami now.

DC had a really hard time when that girl died at one of his concerts. I don't think he ever really got over it.

What? A girl died at his concert? Tell more. Why couldn't he get over it? I mean, was he somehow involved? It wasn't the music, was it? (Okay, I'll burn in hell now.)

What? A girl died at his concert? Tell more. Why couldn't he get over it? I mean, was he somehow involved? It wasn't the music, was it? (Okay, I'll burn in hell now.)
Yes, but this was BACK IN THE DAY. I think the concert was in England (or somewhere in Europe) I don't think it happened here.

I go see what I can find on it.

BRB

Here it is:

In a 1974 concert at London's White City Stadium, billed as Cassidy's last public performance, thousands of teenaged girls crushed against each other to get closer to the stage. In an audio tape of the concert, Cassidy at the microphone can barely be heard over the screams of his fans, as he begs the audience to "get back, get back". After two days in a coma, one 14-year-old fan died of traumatic asphyxia, crushed to death under thousands of pounds of fellow fans. Five hundred more fans were injured, dozens enough to be hospitalized.

**more at link**

http://www.nndb.com/people/063/000024988/

I know this affected him deeply. It was his last performance for YEARS. Although I do know that he does perform here and there now - but not often.

I think he was in Vegas last year over the holidays.

Here it is:

In a 1974 concert at London's White City Stadium, billed as Cassidy's last public performance, thousands of teenaged girls crushed against each other to get closer to the stage. In an audio tape of the concert, Cassidy at the microphone can barely be heard over the screams of his fans, as he begs the audience to "get back, get back". After two days in a coma, one 14-year-old fan died of traumatic asphyxia, crushed to death under thousands of pounds of fellow fans. Five hundred more fans were injured, dozens enough to be hospitalized.

**more at link**

http://www.nndb.com/people/063/000024988/

I know this affected him deeply. It was his last performance for YEARS. Although I do know that he does perform here and there now - but not often.

I think he was in Vegas last year over the holidays.
No wonder in the current clips of him, he's telling the crowds to stay back, emphatically!

Wow, that's terrible! Yes, my god, I can see where he'd never get over that. Just the imagery of it wracks me a little. :(

When are people with money gonna learn to hire a car when they're gonna drink. It's not that expensive, heck even I can afford that.

Ok y'all. I hate to admit this. But I had NO CLUE who David Cassidy was until I looked him up. So, I thought I'd post a picture or 2 in case anybody else is in my situation.

davidcassidy.jpg

DavidCassidy_op_419x600.jpg

I hate to hear this.

He always seemed like a nice guy. I think that his father was an alcoholic.....Jack Cassidy........maybe died in a fire?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back