Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

Here's a good copy of the interview with Zahra's bio mom.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_m9t6r1QHI[/ame]

When did she and AB divorse???
Was AB part of her depression???

As a mother, I do ache for her. I have doubts that she searched for her for a long time, but I don't have doubts that she loved her daughter. There were several MSM links with Zahra's name in them (over the past 2-3 years) as well as her immediate relatives names. This tells me that she was not being hidden from anyone.

However, I believe this mother had a change of heart recently and decided she wanted to be part of Zahra's life. It was just too little too late. I can only imagine the guilt she must have. We all make decisions we regret. She should be very proud though, that she gave Zahra life..and in doing so she has touched so many people.

I am not bashing biomom at all. I just think there is some sensationalism there. Depression is an evil monster that can eat you from the inside out.

I very much appreciate her sharing her story and pictures and I very much thank her for giving the world Zahra..even if for a short time.

I know my little Zahra is gone, says her Australian mother
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ustralian-mother/story-e6freuzr-1225948550880
snip-
"Is there any hope that she's alive? I don't feel it," Ms Dietrich told Channel 7 last night. "They reckon mothers just have this bond with their children and I think having any hope in me makes it hurt more with what they're finding and the way they were saying she was treated. The only hope I have in me now is that she is gone so she's not being hurt any more."

Attachments

• 550842-emily-dietrich.jpg
    550842-emily-dietrich.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 39

From her home in country NSW, Ms Dietrich has told how she has spent the past decade searching for the pretty 10-year-old, whose battle against bone cancer has been a beacon of hope to other sufferers.

Just days before Zahra's disappearance, Ms Dietrich had traced her daughter to the small US township in which she lived. Agonisingly, she was not able to make contact with Zahra or her father, Adam Baker.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/aus...ng/story-e6frfkvr-1225948521852#ixzz14Pvn29eO

i just posted this on the media thread

From her home in country NSW, Ms Dietrich has told how she has spent the past decade searching for the pretty 10-year-old, whose battle against bone cancer has been a beacon of hope to other sufferers.

Just days before Zahra's disappearance, Ms Dietrich had traced her daughter to the small US township in which she lived. Agonisingly, she was not able to make contact with Zahra or her father, Adam Baker.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/aus...ng/story-e6frfkvr-1225948521852#ixzz14Pvn29eO

bringing over from media thread

That video tore me up! I do not stand in judgment of her. What has happened to Zahra is over-the-top when it comes to consequences for her actions as a mother. :(

When she said she hopes they find her even in pieces, that's when my eyes watered up! How horrid! I want some justice served !!!!

Mother of Zahra Baker speaks out

The mother of Australian girl Zahra Baker says she fears her daughter, who has been missing from her US home for nearly a month, is dead.

Emily Dietrich, of Wagga Wagga in southwestern NSW, has spoken publicly for the first time since her daughter's disappearance in North Carolina on October 9.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/mother-of-zahra-baker-speaks-out-20101105-17hd2.html

My heart BREAKS for Zahra's real mother. My cousin had untreated post-partem depression, and it went on for years until it got so bad she finally was hospitalized and put on medication. If people have not experienced this kind of depression that do not know what it does. You are not yourself. It's a chemical imbalance that does not remedy itself on its own easily. I believe it took years for this bio-mom to really get better and even then, she was fragile. The contempt for her I've heard from KB's comments on FB is not warranted after I've heard this side of the story. They never mentioned this -- only that the mom took off. Marie Osmond also 'took off' after having one of her children when she got the pp depression. It's not their fault. For the father and his family to wall her off and then speak of her like that shows that knew nothing of the suffering of this woman. And they could have made an effort for her to have small visits with her mother. I'm mad at the Bakers and the Aussie government. This child should NEVER have been allowed to leave the country unless they had contacted the bio-mom for permission because she wouldn't have given it. And Zahra wouldn't have been abused and tortured and she'd be safe with her mom.

Originally Posted by wenwe4
emily dietrich, mother of missing australian girl zahra baker, knows in her heart her daughter is dead.
From her home in country nsw, ms dietrich has told how she has spent the past decade searching for the pretty 10-year-old, whose battle against bone cancer has been a beacon of hope to other sufferers.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225948550880

"She found me to find her and I like to believe that ... she was already gone when I found her and she found me to tell her story and to find her and put her to rest."

Originally Posted by wenwe4
emily dietrich, mother of missing australian girl zahra baker, knows in her heart her daughter is dead.
From her home in country nsw, ms dietrich has told how she has spent the past decade searching for the pretty 10-year-old, whose battle against bone cancer has been a beacon of hope to other sufferers.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225948550880

"She found me to find her and I like to believe that ... she was already gone when I found her and she found me to tell her story and to find her and put her to rest."

Wow. Interesting thought, that Zahra made the contact, made it possible for her biomum to find her.

So they are saying "three days too late"--does that mean she discovered Zahra's whereabouts three days after she was reported missing? (It may be in one of the articles, I haven't read through everything yet.)

My heart BREAKS for Zahra's real mother. My cousin had untreated post-partem depression, and it went on for years until it got so bad she finally was hospitalized and put on medication. If people have not experienced this kind of depression that do not know what it does. You are not yourself. It's a chemical imbalance that does not remedy itself on its own easily. I believe it took years for this bio-mom to really get better and even then, she was fragile. The contempt for her I've heard from KB's comments on FB is not warranted after I've heard this side of the story. They never mentioned this -- only that the mom took off. Marie Osmond also 'took off' after having one of her children when she got the pp depression. It's not their fault. For the father and his family to wall her off and then speak of her like that shows that knew nothing of the suffering of this woman. And they could have made an effort for her to have small visits with her mother. I'm mad at the Bakers and the Aussie government. This child should NEVER have been allowed to leave the country unless they had contacted the bio-mom for permission because she wouldn't have given it. And Zahra wouldn't have been abused and tortured and she'd be safe with her mom.

It really makes you wonder. Because the only reason I can ever see to justify keeping a child away from her parent is if that parent poses a danger to the child. But how can I think that that was Adam's motivation, when I know that he left his daughter in the hands of EB, even if he only knew a fraction of her abusiveness?

I can definitely believe that Adam kept moving around and didn't bother to inform Zahra's mum, though. It would just fit with the pattern of irresponsibility and insensitivity.

JMO

I think her report was genuine on some accounts.
I also know there is another side of the story (one that KB has already commented on on FB). With custody issues I like to hear both sides and believe the truth usually lands somewhere in the middle. While I DO feel bad for Emily, I'm also pretty sure that it wasn't JUST PPD that kept her from Zahra in the beginning. The "other factor" may have changed at some point over the years.... but I do think there is a lot more to this that ED isn't going to talk about and THAT factor is why KB actively helped keep Zahra from her. I won't be surprised to find media digging it up now that her name is public.

ED had options through the court. She herself said she was making child support payments the entire time. The courts knew where they were. She could have made them find Zahra and done more IMO. While my heart breaks for ED and I know she'll beat herself up over it forever .... I think she's another person that failed this beautiful child. Might not be popular opinion but it's mine.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ustralian-mother/story-e6freuzr-1225948550880

BBM
I know she has been in contact with NC LE so I wonder what they have told her. She says she found Zahra 3 days before she was reported missing so I am very curious about the bolded statement above.

Yes, that caught my attention, too. Because we had thought she found her slightly before Zahra was reported missing. Do they mention the date that she located Zahra? That would give us an idea of the timeline they are talking about for Zahra's death.

I seem to remember it being said somewhere (in relation to the posts by biomum on HM) that she had located Zahra that Thursday (10/6), because some people were speculating that that could have been the turning point for either murdering Zahra or coming up with a cover-up story for her disappearance.

Speculating.

Yes, that caught my attention, too. Because we had thought she found her slightly before Zahra was reported missing. Do they mention the date that she located Zahra? That would give us an idea of the timeline they are talking about for Zahra's death.

I seem to remember it being said somewhere (in relation to the posts by biomum on HM) that she had located Zahra that Thursday (10/6), because some people were speculating that that could have been the turning point for either murdering Zahra or coming up with a cover-up story for her disappearance.

Speculating.

Here--in this article she says, "Why would it happen that I would find her and three days later this would happen."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wo...she-went-missing/story-e6frf7lf-1225948520824

So apparently she DID make the discovery on the 6th (Thursday), as we had previously been discussing. And the "three days too late" must be a misunderstanding.

Wow. Interesting thought, that Zahra made the contact, made it possible for her biomum to find her.

QUOTE]

I loved that part. I do believe there is a connection that goes beyond this physical plane between some souls. Wouldn't it be like Zahra's soul to flee from that body and go straight to her real mother. I can imagine the strong desire Zahra had for her real mother, especially after being a tortured prisoner by evil stepcreature.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back