Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

Hi folks - I merged the two threads that were going on Zhara's biomom in the media, as they were splitting the discussion. We can gather the mother's interviews and such here, and discuss them, as usual.

Thanks for finding this info, guys!

Such a heartbreaking interview :( I didn't think it was possible for my heart to hurt so much, for someone I didn't have the pleasure to know.

Dear (((Zahra))), your Mommy Emily loves you. Wherever you are sweetie, I hope you know how much she loves you.

That video tore me up! I do not stand in judgment of her. What has happened to Zahra is over-the-top when it comes to consequences for her actions as a mother. :(

When she said she hopes they find her even in pieces, that's when my eyes watered up! How horrid! I want some justice served !!!!

I agree totally! I haven't stopped crying since I saw that interview this morning. My hear aches so bad for her and Zahra. :(

EB and AB had NO regard for that dear child whatsoever! They just kept Zahra for spite & revenge and then 'disposed' of her when they couldn't be bothered to care for her anymore, rather than give that sweet child to someone who'd love her and cherish her.

I hope LE is ready for arrests soon.

I think her report was genuine on some accounts.
I also know there is another side of the story (one that KB has already commented on on FB). With custody issues I like to hear both sides and believe the truth usually lands somewhere in the middle. While I DO feel bad for Emily, I'm also pretty sure that it wasn't JUST PPD that kept her from Zahra in the beginning. The "other factor" may have changed at some point over the years.... but I do think there is a lot more to this that ED isn't going to talk about and THAT factor is why KB actively helped keep Zahra from her. I won't be surprised to find media digging it up now that her name is public.

ED had options through the court. She herself said she was making child support payments the entire time. The courts knew where they were. She could have made them find Zahra and done more IMO. While my heart breaks for ED and I know she'll beat herself up over it forever .... I think she's another person that failed this beautiful child. Might not be popular opinion but it's mine.

Unless ED was the kind of person EB was, AB bears a huge portion of the responsibility for not making sure Zahra had contact with her own mother. It is something a parent is obligated to do out of love and caring for the child. (Look at the lengths Kyron's parents went to to make sure he had contact with both of his parents and that he wasn't exposed to negative comments about them.)

Yes, I am sure that there is another side of the story, but ED should not have HAD to search and fight and scrape up funds to find her daughter, because AB had an obligation to keep them in contact.

It's just so ironic to me that he would keep Zahra away from her biomum, then turn her over into the hands of EB. :furious::furious::banghead:

JMO

Here--in this article she says, "Why would it happen that I would find her and three days later this would happen."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wo...she-went-missing/story-e6frf7lf-1225948520824

So apparently she DID make the discovery on the 6th (Thursday), as we had previously been discussing. And the "three days too late" must be a misunderstanding.

HMMM....wasn't Thursday the 6th the last day that AB claimed to have seen Zahra? This makes me wonder if Zahra tried to contact her Mum on the internet or something and was punished for it. Or I could just be very confused....:blushing:

MOO

wm

Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking. She seems very genuine. She must be torn into a billion pieces. I pray that Zahra will go home to OZ to rest in peace with all the family members who loved her there. Zahra knows how much she was loved by her mummy, I feel sure of it.

HMMM....wasn't Thursday the 6th the last day that AB claimed to have seen Zahra? This makes me wonder if Zahra tried to contact her Mum on the internet or something and was punished for it. Or I could just be very confused....:blushing:

MOO

wm

Yes, it is the last day he claims to have seen her. It has been speculated that ED's attempts to contact her daughter might have been the trigger for Zahra's killing, or for coming up with a cover up story for her disappearance (if she had died earlier).

I don't think there was any contact from Zahra's side. I don't think she knew that her mum was looking for her.

JMO

MOO

wm

The 6th of Oct. was actually a Wednesday. Remember AB saying in that one interview that Tuesday was the last time he saw Zahra and then the reporter asked him him are you sure you mean Tuesday?? Whatever happened to Zahra didn't happen suddenly IMO!!:furious:

Here's a good copy of the interview with Zahra's bio mom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_m9t6r1QHI

Unless ED was the kind of person EB was, AB bears a huge portion of the responsibility for not making sure Zahra had contact with her own mother. It is something a parent is obligated to do out of love and caring for the child. (Look at the lengths Kyron's parents went to to make sure he had contact with both of his parents and that he wasn't exposed to negative comments about them.)

Yes, I am sure that there is another side of the story, but ED should not have HAD to search and fight and scrape up funds to find her daughter, because AB had an obligation to keep them in contact.

It's just so ironic to me that he would keep Zahra away from her biomum, then turn her over into the hands of EB. :furious::furious::banghead:

JMO

You do not have an "obligation" to make sure that a child has contact with their bioparent if you truly feel it's not in their best interest. KB has stated that she felt strongly on the now closed FB page that this was the case. Not saying KB is 100% right but from all accounts I've seen she loved and cared for Zahra more than AB ever did.

ETA: KB likely did not know EB was a monster (and I suspect AB didn't know it going in either).

Further, if something were to happen to my daughter I could see her biofather showing up on the news crying and claiming I kept her from him and that he tried ... tried for years.... but that would not be the full and true story AT ALL.

Yes, it is the last day he claims to have seen her. It has been speculated that ED's attempts to contact her daughter might have been the trigger for Zahra's killing, or for coming up with a cover up story for her disappearance (if she had died earlier).

I don't think there was any contact from Zahra's side. I don't think she knew that her mum was looking for her.

JMO

BBM

This.

The 6th of Oct. was actually a Wednesday. Remember AB saying in that one interview that Tuesday was the last time he saw Zahra and then the reporter asked him him are you sure you mean Tuesday?? Whatever happened to Zahra didn't happen suddenly IMO!!:furious:

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I have thrown some confusion in. The article said "three days before", and I came up with the date of the 6th (because 9-3=6). But it might have been Thursday, since one might count Thursday-Friday-Saturday as "three days". (Also the Australian time zone could play a part, since it is sometimes a different date there than here.)

I am going to look through the rest of the articles to see if I can pin it down better.

Thanks everyone for helping clear up my confusion. I work from home and haven't kept up as much as I'd like to. Darnit! RL is cutting in to my sleuthing time!

And where is Zahra?

wm

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I have thrown some confusion in. The article said "three days before", and I came up with the date of the 6th (because 9-3=6). But it might have been Thursday, since one might count Thursday-Friday-Saturday as "three days". (Also the Australian time zone could play a part, since it is sometimes a different date there than here.)

I am going to look through the rest of the articles to see if I can pin it down better.

I think you are onto something with the date being different because of the time zone issue between the US and Oz. When I was posting links earlier this morning (about 7 am pdt) on 11/5 (today's date), the articles I posted listed the date as 11/6 in Australia. I had to double check my calendar to make sure I didn't miss a whole day in my life, and sure enough - it was 11/5 here.

I suspect the time zone would play a key role in the "dates". Hope this helps.

All the news articles I have read interviewing Emily simply say "three days before". Does anyone know if biomum's posts on HM gave more info about how and when she tracked Zahra down? Had she simply found their address and not yet attempted contact? Or had she sent a message of some sort? Would such a message have been received on Wednesday or Thursday (or some other time)?

Thanks.

I don't know what this woman's background is, I don't know her circumstances ...but I know devastating heartache when I see it.

((((Emily))))

Is there another interview on Sunday? :confused:

I think that's what the OP said - she was going to appear on Sunday? Sorry if that was incorrect.

ETA: Sorry - I read a few posts beyond that, and it seems the OP thought the one from last night was going to air on Sunday, but it was last night, instead.

My mistake. I corrected my earlier post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back