Remembering my rage...

Wrinkles

Reaction score
Hi Ya'll,

Well, I'm wondering who of us that first followed this case are still hanging out and looking on? I am trying to remember the "who's who" of those who were here originally, those of us sickened by this crime, discussing...

I saw Brian, and TallCoolOne in the other thread... CCup, Larj? Who else of you are peaking in? There was a fellow that knew Sheri, or Chris...I want to think he was a paramedic who lived across the river or something? The neighbor living catty-corner, what was poster's name? Is that you Brian?

As I caught up a little tonight and read the blurb about the defense not being able to find expert witnesses, I remembered some of my rage. I am disgusted that this will ever go to trial, i.e. that Chris is so disgusting that he will let it go to trial. What is going to happen in trial is that the bodies of those poor little boys and Sheri are going to be shown in photographs, defiled by their murderer. Sheri's naked body will be seen, the injury marks and settling marks, those seen when a person has been dead for a while. The colors of the lifeless bodies will be noticed as expert witness have to explain that which points to the time of death. Close ups of ligatures around children's necks, and Sheri's...the jury is going to have the sickening experience of seeing these things. The jury will see how the bodies were found and have it explained to them whether the postures of the bodies indicated a struggle, whether there were skin bits under fingernails pointing to the children or Sheri digging into Chris' arms, trying to fight him off or struggle for air. Pictures of Chris' scratches will be matched to whether there were traces under fingernails...

As the trial unfolds, so will the vivid physical and mental pictures of exactly what happened in that home. As the information flows, the lives of every person in that courtroom, those of the the jury members, the alternates, Sheri's family members, the employees that have to handle matters in the court room, Sheri's friends, attending LE officers...every person who has to tolerate the listening to and hearing of facts in order to get this case tried, or stand up for Sheri and the boys while it is tried, will forever, indelibly be changed. Memories will be profound, sickening, heart wrenching. People will have nightmares and suffer stress. Some will have to be treated later on for PTSS.

There is NO WAY that this trial will go on without terrible affects on many people. There is no way that Sheri's body should ever be uncovered again, as in showing her nakedness and the indignities perpetrated against her while in that very vulnerable state. No way...should those angelic childrens' faces be noted in the estate they were found...no no no and no...

NONE of that is necessary... Adding hideous insult to the worst of injuries Chris is choosing to allow this trial to go on -- for whom? for what purpose? So that his sorry life might be spared from a lethal injection? So that he can "get off on a technicality" maybe? Why? Where would he go if he got off? Who would want him near them? Who would hire him -- who will want to feed him? Will his parents or relatives after they see what he did to Sheri and the boys in photos?

I cannot imagine Chris' family not considering the defiling of people that will happen in that courtroom. I cannot imagine them thinking he is innocent. I cannot imagine that they would not go to him and say, "Chris, confess, enough is enough...you have killed your wife and children, don't put others through the torment of this trial, take your punishment -- do at least one honorable thing."

I remain enraged that Chris has not confessed. :(

PS. I'm wondering how the officer who lived across the street from the Coleman's is doing. I was concerned that he might struggle with a misplaced sense of guilt for not having caught on or done something to get Sheri and the kids warned. I can't help but think that the officer knew it was Chris putting the notes in the mailbox, that it was Chris who was a threat to the family.

Oh my gosh! I just posted in the other thread that I don't know why this case is even going to trial, Wrinkles!

I'm still here watching and waiting for JUSTICE. I will never forget Sheri, Garrett and Gavin!!!

I wish we heard more about how her brother is doing. Did they make the park and I missed it?

You are wanting CC to have a conscience and he doesn't. If he even thought the way you did, he wouldn't have committed these horrible murders. If he can live with what he did, then the fact other people are affected by the aftermath makes no difference to him.

I cannot even imagine being an investigator, police officer, member of the jury, etc. and having to see these images (in person or pictures). You're so correct - it must be something that would stay with you the rest of your life.

Pure evil.

Hi Kimster, Hi Brown!

Nice to see you both here on behalf of wanting justice for Sherri, Gavin and Garrett.

Kimster, I don't know how her bro or family are doing. I saw something about the civil trial, I'm not sure whether there is a hold on that for a while. About the park, I don't know, maybe one of the other readers do and maybe they know how the bro is doing. Is the website still up? Found this:

http://www.sheriannherboys.com/

The goal is 300K, they have reached 39K.

Brown, interesting thoughts you wrote. You wrote:

>>You are wanting CC to have a conscience and he doesn't.<<

Well, I won't disagree -- but I am not altogether sure that he is completely devoid of all bits of conscience. I'm thinking if I dug a little, I could find a smidgeon here or there (not a normal thing at all, but perhaps a smidgeon of norm hidden in a few recesses).

BUT...I was thinking, he doesn't necessarily have to have a conscience to realize certain things. I'm not sure what he spent his time doing for recreation (although I know some of what he did), but I'm not sure his time was spent watching gore. His interests seemed to be more the sexual thing. Not just the courtroom full of people, but he, too, will have to view the horror show. Will he be able to stomach revisiting it? I think it is possible that his conscience is "seared" so to speak, a huge blocked area -- completely broken. It may be that he could look on and not "feel" -- but might he turn and see a look on his mother's or father's face, something that might touch or strike a point in one of the recesses? Might he think, "God, my mother is having to see this?"

On the other hand... Chris was fairly focused on one person, himself. It is possible that he has lost all ability (if he ever had any ability) to consider a universe outside of himself. It could be that he will be unmoved by everything outside of his delusions of getting out of this, so it has to go to court in his mind...

Thanks for writing Kimster and Brown, I look forward to standing alongside you as we hope together for justice sooner rather than later for Sherri and the beauties.

I still check in from time to time - and I never forget Sheri and her boys! This tragedy really shook me up on so many levels.

Hey there Lindadanette!

Good to see you, keep checking in!

Yes, it shook a whole lot of us up on more levels than 1 and I only wish the crime never would have happened :(

Hiya MG,

Actually...Chris waived his right to a speedy trial.

>>Christopher Coleman waived his speedy trial rights until March 1, but his attorney, John O'Gara, said the trial would be take place "sometime in February."<<

Hmmm...there's where I read it. So he waives until March 1, but O'Gara (his man) says "sometime in Feb." Wonder if O'Gara has to be somewhere at the end of March and figures the case will go real quickly once people start throwing up in the courtroom.

I wish we heard more about how her brother is doing. Did they make the park and I missed it?

snipped by me

The park has not been built yet and the website is still up and running. The last I had heard Sheri's friend was trying to get the memorial idea approved by the City of Columbia and they were still trying to agree upon a location. Also the last fundraiser they had was in February. I attended that fundraiser but have not heard about any new fundraisers or even anything about the memorial in months.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_c889223c-23fd-59ea-accd-c04caa8cdb60.html

~~Last week, police obtained new search warrants for text messages sent from Coleman's cell phone.

Defense attorneys filed a motion on Friday to suppress computer information obtained from a search warrant issued the day of the murders. Attorneys argue that "no protocol was suggested to protect innocent information from government scrutiny and limit the legitimate confines of the search."

"This is the cyber-equivalent of kicking in the door and ransacking whatever personal effects might be in the house," wrote Timothy Capps, an attorney for Coleman.~~

I have been following this case since day one (I live in the area) and this is the first I have heard of Timothy Capps.

Hello Lajr56,

Thanks for the article and being here.

In the article it said:
>>Coleman has pleaded not guilty and has reportedly told a jail visitor that he was framed.<<

Oh brother... That was the first time, "I think," that I heard CC is claiming he was framed. Likely story. Such a nice guy framed...what a tragedy. NOT! The tragedy is what he did!

Hello Lajr56,

Thanks for the article and being here.

In the article it said:
>>Coleman has pleaded not guilty and has reportedly told a jail visitor that he was framed.<<

Oh brother... That was the first time, "I think," that I heard CC is claiming he was framed. Likely story. Such a nice guy framed...what a tragedy. NOT! The tragedy is what he did!
Yeah, the prisons are full of innocent guys that were framed........ sorry Chris, the only thing it appears you are not guilty of, is being a good husband and father.

Hey all!

I posted this link on the other thread, its actually talks about some new search warrant and some cell phone evidence they are looking into.

http://robotics.tmcnet.com/news/2010/10/27/5097343.htm

The warrants apply to all PIN logs from May 4, 2009, a day before the murders, to Oct. 13, 2010.

Is Oct 13 just a CYA move? I figured his phone was shut off many months ago, and I am sure cell phones aren't allowed in jail.

I check in every few days - just to see if I've missed anything. Why CC would want to put his family through a trial is beyond my comprehension. I guess he's hoping for one ignorant juror (JMO) to find reasonable doubt. He ought to plea and get a life sentence rather than go to trial and face death. The state would agree to this - the expense of this trial is going to be enormous. Also, I'm wondering if the jury pool is going to come from my area. I recently received a letter asking if there was any reason I would be unable to serve on a jury. That's the first time that has happened in our area. Usually you receive a letter telling you that you are a potential juror and you call in once a week to see if you're needed. If there is an upcoming trial, you report to the court house on a Tuesday and fill out paperwork. Then you wait to see if you will be pulled for questioning, etc. etc. I know my vote would be guilty - but not death. I want him to be miserable in prison for the rest of his life - knowing that most of his roommates would have no respect for him - and that lots of them would enjoy having him as a girlfriend. And the possibility of "an eye for an eye" from one of the other inmates would insure he suffers like his wife and children suffered.

I am sure that the dates are a CYA, but it did cross my mind that maybe someone else is still using that phone. Probably highly unlikely but you never know. If you don't mind me asking, what county do you live in? We had call going around hear in Monroe County a few months ago asking if you thought CC was guilty or if you had formed an opinion on the case.

For those of you who didn't know, the Monroe County Coroner passed away last week. I am wondering how, if at all, if will impact the case. I would assume that the assistant coroner would testify in her place....anyone know of any other cases where this has happened or have any insight into how this will work or affect the case?

Oh my gosh... I can't believe that Ms. Gummersheimer passed away -- she was only 45 years old. This is hugely sad to hear of her death and particularly since the death was from pneumonia. So so sad... She was sent home with medication? This sounds like someone didn't check her out well or watch her well. :( It sounds like she had a fierce something to cause that pneumonia, I wonder if they cultured her.

She had little children :(

Oh my gosh... I can't believe that Ms. Gummersheimer passed away -- she was only 45 years old. This is hugely sad to hear of her death and particularly since the death was from pneumonia. So so sad... She was sent home with medication? This sounds like someone didn't check her out well or watch her well. :( It sounds like she had a fierce something to cause that pneumonia, I wonder if they cultured her.

She had little children :(

From what I heard, she drove herself to the hospital and progressed from there and she got some sort of blood infection. Here is the link to an article on her: http://www.bnd.com/2010/11/06/1466559/monroe-county-coroner-dies.html

Hello TallCoolOne,

Always so good to see you!
(((((Wrinkles))))) So good to see you as well.

Just hanging around, checking in now and then, patiently awaiting justice for Sherri, Garrett and Gavin. Once in awhile I like to remind Chris that we're still waiting, we will be here, no matter how long they delay matters. It isn't as if we'd forget the horrors he brought unto his beautiful family.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock........... Time will eventually run out Chris and it will be Your time. And those of us who have stood by patiently will still be here when it does. If anything, we ARE patient.
Too bad you haven't grown a set and become a Man and just admit to the evils you did. Isn't that the honorable thing to do? Admit your wrongdoing and accept the punishment for it, you miserable excuse for a human.

Hi,
I'm always checking back here a couple of times a week. I too remember my rage for this absolute oxygen thief!
Thankyou so very much to you all for all that you do, I'm one lurker that appreciates all of you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back