AB's T Shirt

I'm a tattooed and pierced mama with black hair that likes to listen to metal and wears clothes and jewelry with skulls. While people might see me and think they can tell what type of person I am, they would probably be wrong. I knit, bake, garden and clip coupons. Even my grandma teases me and calls me granny because the things I enjoy! I don't even drink, smoke or do drugs and I would never hurt my children. Ever.

One of my boys has a mohawk and likes to wear tshirts with skulls and "skater" clothes. The other one likes to wear his hair short and nicely combed. He prefers polo shirts and khakis. They are both extremely sweet and intelligent and they both love acting silly and dancing around the house to System of a Down music with their mama once in a while :)

OOOOOOH, scary mama. NOT! lol, I have a tramp stamp (pretty sure I am up on the current venacular of the day) of two dolphins, swimming into one anothers tails, ah la, a yin/yang symbol. I also should prepare you, I wore a belly ring til 2004 when I became so gravid with child number 3 that I took it out two weeks before DS's arrival, but til then, I was thong wearing, free spirited, earth mama, dance nekid in the moonlight kinda old chick.

I am not a freak. I am the majority. I am not cookie cuter, but am 100% in my pursuit of justice for all our missing, our lost, our murdered, our abused, our forgotten.

I am that woman, that soul who among many others, remembers the face of my father.

I do know right from wrong. As do many left in out society. All you out there hurting or in pain. I am here. This IS wrong. It shall be righted!

Have faith, give right the chance to find it's (forge it's) own way.

lol, sorry, I went fom all love and light all power and vengeance in a breath. Probably time for me to log off and rest. Rest won't come. I know.

Mazzy Star. Dust.

JMO, but he looks like a goon in that shirt, and totally out of place, considering the situation.

Somebody should notify the FBI!!!! Look at this FILTH being marketed to children on this respectable baby store website! I'll bet if they got the customer list and visited each house with Child Services they'd find a bunch of sad, scared, abused and neglected children! MY GOD THE HUMANITY! :eek:

http://www.babydreams.com/systemofadownconcreteyouthtshirtblack.html

(Just in case the link doesn't work it's a baby sized system of a down shirt available on a random normal looking baby website, not "Child Abusers R' Us" or something. Seriously, this is silly. There are plenty of normal looking, church going types who abuse and do horrid things to kids, and I have yet to see a thread about how exposure to button down shirts is a sign of child abuse.) :innocent:

As new facts surface in the coming weeks -- God forbid, months -- issues more relevant than AB's wardrobe choices will come along to divide us. That's been true of every other case I've followed, and I have no reason to believe this one will be any different. For now, we should all try to stay united in our compassion and sorrow.

Having said that, I do have an opinion about AB's shirt. I agree with those who've said a shirt's a shirt. If you wear a lot of different t-shirts, eventually the art and logos on them lose their meaning. If my child was missing, I'd be lucky to get clothes on at all. On the other hand, I've been faced with the terminal illnesses and deaths of several loved ones. In each instance, I was highly sensitive to visual images I associated with the circumstances of their deaths. For example, for the longest time after my brother hung himself with his belt, I was very conscious of belts on people; couldn't stand to look at them. Granted, it is my nature to be overly empathetic, but not that far beyond the norm. So I would think that when a child is missing, presumed dead, and there is a question about the state of her remains, pictures of skulls and bones would be utterly repulsive to the parent of that child. Even familiar ones, previously benign, would take on new meaning -- I would think. So why would AB wear that particular shirt? I can't rule out the possibility that it was deliberate, as some have speculated. At the very least, IMO, it was another example of his dull insensitivity.

You just never know how you or anybody else is going to react to a situation like this. I knew a woman whose son was murdered years ago. She had been a regular hippie chick, but every morning after that she got up and dressed to the nines -- full underwear, which in those days included a girdle, a nice dress or slacks outfit, full makeup, careful hair, new shoes. She called it "putting herself together" and if she didn't do that, she didn't even get up. I know people said a lot of nasty things about her and why she changed her dress style (to seduce the cops, most of them said), but it was just her way of holding herself together.

AB probably lives in t-shirts. I imagine he got up, grabbed the first clean shirt on the pile, and never gave it another thought, insensitive or otherwise.

Im going to make a final point here and show some lyrics from some random songs, and then ask if you think this is music that 10 yo children should be exposed to, plus, everything else Zahra was exposed to, not normal,and definately morally wrong to me. POOR Zahra,never had a chance.
My opinion is, there comes a time in life when we need to set examples.Especially if we have children in our lives.

some words to 4 different songs.

My *advertiser censored* is much bigger than yours
My *advertiser censored* can walk right through the door
With a feeling so pure
It's got you screaming back for

Cool, in denial
We're the cruel regulators smoking cigaro, cigaro, cigar
Cool, in denial

My **** stinks much better than yours
My **** stinks right down to the floor
With a feeling a feeling so pure
It's got you coming back for

Cool, in denial
Cool, in denial

Cool, in denial
Cool, in denial

Can't you see that I love my *advertiser censored*

Cant you see that you love my *advertiser censored*

Cant you see that we love my *advertiser censored*

Poisoning a drink
Bleeding in a sink
Choking with a link
Killing with a stink
Just your mother's
HO

Bleeding in a sink
Poisoning a drink
Burning up
My sweet Clementine

Trampling a shrink
Bleeding in a sink
Halleluiah wink
Getting on the brink
Just your mother's
HO

Halleluiah wink
Murdering a shrink
Burning up

For today we will take the body parts and put them on the wall
For treated indigenously, digenously
Human right is private blue chip, pry

We're the prophetic generation of bottled water, bottled water
Causing poor populations to die, to die, to die (For treated
indigenously, digenously) (Human right is private blue chip, pry)

You, you went beyond and you lost it all Why did you go there From
beyond you saw it all why did you

Can you feel their haunting presence?
Can you feel their haunting presence?

Liar, Killer, Demon
Back to the river Aras

Someone's blank stare deemed it warfare

Liar, Killer, Demon
Back to the river Aras

Freedom, Freedom, Free, Free

Can you hear the holy mountains?

Liar, Killer, Demon
Back to the river Aras

She's like heroin
Sipping through a little glass
I'm looking for some help
I need someone to save her *advertiser censored*
Chinese tricks in rooms
With ghosts of hooker girlie dudes
Me and heroin maybe we can make some cash Selling *advertiser censored*

Selling *advertiser censored* for heroin
*advertiser censored*
*advertiser censored*
*advertiser censored*

She wants nothing more
But to be a little *advertiser censored*
He wants nothing less
But to wear a little dress

She's like heroin
I need someone to make some cash Selling *advertiser censored*

*advertiser censored*
*advertiser censored*

She's like heroin
I need someone to save her *advertiser censored*

She wants nothing more
But to be a little *advertiser censored*
He wants nothing less
But to wear a little dress

S.O.A.D. is one of my all time favorite bands,I was disgusted when I saw AB wear that shirt.
Serj Tankian,who was their lead singer,is an amazing artist,poet and activist.
He is the co-founder of Axis of Justice ,a non-profit organization with a strong anti racist and anti facsist message.Serj Tankian was born in Lebanon and speaks out against all injustice.He's strict vegetarian and against animal slaughter.
He would be apalled to see his logo on someone that probably harmed a child.

pretty sure serj would have some fine suggestions for what to do with a guy like AB. ;)

OP, please open your mind a little. i wouldn't stick up for this guy for any reason, but the music someone listens to does not automatically make them suspicious.

Somebody should notify the FBI!!!! Look at this FILTH being marketed to children on this respectable baby store website! I'll bet if they got the customer list and visited each house with Child Services they'd find a bunch of sad, scared, abused and neglected children! MY GOD THE HUMANITY! :eek:

man, i was about to lay into you ... and then i read the last part of your post. sad that i read this first paragraph and assumed someone could say this in all seriousness.

Im going to make a final point here and show some lyrics from some random songs, and then ask if you think this is music that 10 yo children should be exposed to, plus, everything else Zahra was exposed to, not normal,and definately morally wrong to me. POOR Zahra,never had a chance.
My opinion is, there comes a time in life when we need to set examples.Especially if we have children in our lives.

This is a SOAD song? A child probably couldn't decipher the lyrics without having them in her hand. Irrelevant, really, but just to ease your troubled mind, there you go.

We set examples by how we treat people and how we live our lives, not by what music we listen to. Perfectly sane and trustworthy people - like myself, thank you very much - can listen to songs that you may find objectionable without being homicidal psychotics. Your statement about "especially if we have children" is profoundly ridiculous. There are a lot of things that have to change when you have a child, but I don't think your musical preference is one of them, whether the lyrics are radio-friendly or not.

Now, can we get back to making relevant observations about this case?

While I place importance on the correlation between parenting and how one presents themselves as a parent (in terms of dress, etc.), I readily admit I'm in the minority. In the past few years, skulls and bones have become a mainstay in a lot of people's wardrobes. AB probably has lots of shirts like this. He probably didn't think twice about putting it on, because perhaps that was just the way he dressed, everyday. If he wore a suit and tie everyday, and then one day decided to wear this type of t-shirt, on this particular day, during this particular tragic event, then I'd think there was something to it.

Sometimes people are like sheep...they blindly follow whatever is the "in" thing of the moment. They want to be "cool" and "fit in." That, and a sprinkling of thoughtlessness as to how he'd be perceived by others, is probably what is behind the shirt.

IMO EB bought AB's clothes. :puke:

Quite possibly.
I usually buy dh's clothes and when he goes hunting for clothes, it's never been without me with him.

Some men buy their own on their own and some don't/won't.
imo

I was in WalMart yesterday and saw a large display with several styles of very similar shirts and sweatshirts. Just saying.

Editted: I don't care about his T-shirt. And that's all I have to say about THAT. :)

system of a down is one of my favorite groups... i have all of their songs on my i pod and my daughter likes to head bang to "suit pee"

my kids are dooooooomed

I was in WalMart yesterday and saw a large display with several styles of very similar shirts and sweatshirts. Just saying.

I was at Wal Mart yesterday too, and look what I saw...AB's exact shirt. I don't think it really means anything other than it's a "cool" $7.50 shirt. There was tons of skull themed clothing in the men's department.
005.jpg

I was at Wal Mart yesterday too, and look what I saw...AB's exact shirt. I don't think it really means anything other than it's a "cool" $7.50 shirt. There was tons of skull themed clothing in the men's department.
View attachment 12348

Isn't he a little old for t-shirts with skulls, etc? Seems that they'r marketed to the teenage guys- which he certainly was not.

Isn't he a little old for t-shirts with skulls, etc? Seems that they'r marketed to the teenage guys- which he certainly was not.

I think it's likely that EB bought that shirt. It seems to suit her "I still want to be a teenager" mentality. I also do not think any of the Bakers had a wide array of clothing. EB is shown wearing a shirt that is almost identical to AB's VENGENCE shirt in the video of Zahra getting her hearing aids (though it doesn't have the word, the style is the same).

I don't know how many times I'll compare my brother to AB ... but the similarities just keep coming. My brother is AB's age .... and he still wears shirts with skulls, teenage sayings, old 80's bands, etc. I don't think it "means" anything in the context of this case.

View attachment 12348

Oh well done! Yes, they did seem to have a thing for Walmart didn't they?

This is a SOAD song? A child probably couldn't decipher the lyrics without having them in her hand. Irrelevant, really, but just to ease your troubled mind, there you go.

We set examples by how we treat people and how we live our lives, not by what music we listen to. Perfectly sane and trustworthy people - like myself, thank you very much - can listen to songs that you may find objectionable without being homicidal psychotics. Your statement about "especially if we have children" is profoundly ridiculous. There are a lot of things that have to change when you have a child, but I don't think your musical preference is one of them, whether the lyrics are radio-friendly or not.

Now, can we get back to making relevant observations about this case?

SOAD lyrics can have many different interpretations.These were lyrics from 4 different songs Cigaro,Revenga,Dreaming and She's like heroin.
Lots of SOAD lyrics are really funny if you think about it but always have a deeper meaning,like Cigaro or She's like Heroin.
Most songs like "Dreaming" make a political statement.
No,a child would not be able to understand and frankly I doubt AB does.
Anyways as much as I agree the B's musical preference should not have anything to do with the case ,it does,because people make it that way.
This case makes me realize how judgemental people still are when it comes to music,clothes,religion.I can't stand it for example when Nancy Grace points out in her show that EB was a "pagan worshipper".First of all I don't see any indication that she was,secondly I would be offended if I was a "pagan worshipper" because Nancy clearly makes it sound like there is something wrong with that along with having tatoos or piercings .
It makes me sad because I thought the days of witch hunts were far,far,far in the past.Aparently they are not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back