Truck/project on Thursday afternoon Revisit w/new 2010.11.12 Dateline info

I just looked it up. It's the June 5 press conference where Gates confirms Terri drove Kyron to school that morning. He said Kyron usually rides the bus to school except when there are special events such as the science fair.

So, instead of taking the bus near his home off Cornelius Pass Road as usual, he hopped into the car with his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, who drove him to Skyline Elementary School.

OK here is this statement. Must have been my frame of mind I came away from an interview Kaine gave erview thinking Kyron took the bus. Thanks. Maybe I lost my mind.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

June 25, KGW, Raw interview - the full interview

There's a written Q&A that talks about it

25 minute audio with the Oregonian

All in the Parent/Stepparent interviews thread in the reference forum.

ETA:

When is the last time Kaine saw Kyron?
I last saw him at about 7:45 am. He was coming back to the house after feeding our cat (Bootsie) and I was heading out to the car to head into the office. I walked over to him, told him I was extremely proud of him for the effort he put into his red-eyed tree frog project, and for him to have a great and fun day at the science fair. We talked about maybe going for a special treat and playing the Wii after school, and then I said “I love you”. He said “I love you too, Dad”, at which point we hugged, and then he went into the house as I got into the car and left. While I have not seen him since, that moment in time is still etched in my mind as if it just happened and is a constant reminder of the joy of having him as a son.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/06/kyron-horman-family-q-a/

That is so sad.

OK I'm confused I thought Kyron took the bus to school on Friday. Which has always confused me because if Terri was driving there I couldn't understand why he would take the bus.

I guess I got that feeling from Kaine talking about Kyron feeding the Kitty(real cat) and I could swear he was off to the school bus....

I seem to recall Kaine saying in one of their numerous interviews, that Ky took the bus that day because he really, really loved riding the bus. :)

So, instead of taking the bus near his home off Cornelius Pass Road as usual, he hopped into the car with his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, who drove him to Skyline Elementary School.

OK here is this statement. Must have been my frame of mind I came away from an interview Kaine gave erview thinking Kyron took the bus. Thanks. Maybe I lost my mind.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Maybe I lost mine too because I thought he took the bus too. That the exchange with Kaine and the cat feeding was as they were waiting for the bus. But I am wrong apparently. ;)

http://www.katu.com/news/98654424.html?m=y

KATU: Kaine, why did you and Terri switch cars the day Kyron disappeared? Did you typically drive the white truck, and Terri the red mustang? Did she request to have the truck that day?

Kaine: I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron’s science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car, although she did not stay for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported.

If the other child said she was bringing the exhibit in on Friday morning - might she have taken some part of the display home Thursday and then returned it? If, for example, something was falling apart or got dirty - or she/Kyron wanted to fix a mistake or add something to it?

And I'm entirely willing to believe that TH might have gotten the wrong info or misunderstood and thought the project could come home Friday morning - then found out after she got there that it had to stay all day. If she WAS drinking (I'm not convinced of that) or even just distracted, she might have forgotten she needed to go back later and get it.

Hmm, giving that some further thought - could Kryon have told her that the project could be picked up that morning, so she would attend the science fair? Perhaps otherwise she wouldn't have bothered - so knowing that other parents would be there and his wouldn't, he fibbed to get her to show up?

http://www.katu.com/news/98654424.html?m=y

KATU: Kaine, why did you and Terri switch cars the day Kyron disappeared? Did you typically drive the white truck, and Terri the red mustang? Did she request to have the truck that day?

Kaine: I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron’s science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car, although she did not stay for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported.

To bring the project home - not to take it. Possibly indicates it was indeed taken the day before.

Didn't Terri also email the teacher to find out what time to pick up the project? Maybe she hadn't heard back yet.

Didn't Terri also email the teacher to find out what time to pick up the project? Maybe she hadn't heard back yet.

Well, that time was the Science Fair over? Shouldn't using basic logic you would know when it ended, and knew after the fair was over, it could be picked up?

OK but if you know when to set the project up would you not have a notice that tells you how to proceed with this participation?

I think we are giving that email too much credit as being valid. Asking when it should be picked up since it appears she knew when to bring it on Thursday to be set up.

That email may be an alibi as to why she didn't do what she should have by picking up the project. Just my thoughts.

Instructions are generally given in full to the parents about such events.

Maybe I lost mine too because I thought he took the bus too. That the exchange with Kaine and the cat feeding was as they were waiting for the bus. But I am wrong apparently. ;)

Police say Terri Horman was the last person known to have seen Kyron. She told police she took him to school on the morning of June 4. The school was having a science fair before classes began.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97152014.html

Yes. I think it was just unclear when the projects were to be picked up, if they'd be needed further throughout the day, if it was okay to leave them over the weekend and pick them up on Monday morning.

And there were the bus kids whose parents wouldn't be running up to the school to pick them up at 10am because they were working. And those same bus kids may not be able to bring them home on the bus in the afternoon if they were large, and the bus driver felt it wasn't safe to have a number of them on the bus.

It's in the transcription in the first post where Desiree says that Terri had emailed the teacher because she obviously didn't know when she was supposed to pick it up.

Yes. I think it was just unclear when the projects were to be picked up, if they'd be needed further throughout the day, if it was okay to leave them over the weekend and pick them up on Monday morning.

And there were the bus kids whose parents wouldn't be running up to the school to pick them up at 10am because they were working. And those same bus kids may not be able to bring them home on the bus in the afternoon if they were large, and the bus driver felt it wasn't safe to have a number of them on the bus.

It's in the transcription in the first post where Desiree says that Terri had emailed the teacher because she obviously didn't know when she was supposed to pick it up.

Really though? Are we supposed to really believe that Terri didn't know after the science fair was over she could take the project home?

Really though? Are we supposed to really believe that Terri didn't know after the science fair was over she could take the project home?

Everyone can believe whatever they wish lol. I was simply expressing my opinion, not trying to convince anyone else of it.

I don't recall if the e-mail to teacher was ever confirmed as a fact? Or did one of Terri's e-mails reference it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back