Truck/project on Thursday afternoon Revisit w/new 2010.11.12 Dateline info

The projects were set up in the classrooms. The projects would have had to be taken down in order for the students to begin their lessons at 10 am. Kaine and Desiree have both stated that they thought that Terri would be staying at the fair until 10 and taking the project home then. They didn't find out that Terri did not stay until 10 until LE reported that she said she left at 8:45.

What interests me is this: if CL does have somethig mixed up(perhaps he saw other students bringing their projects in and assumed that Kyron had done the same that morning when he saw him and Terri), then Terri needed the truck on June 3. If she wasn't sure whether or not she could pick the project up (and did in fact email the teacher to inquire about this), then she didn't *really* need it on the 4th. Kaine was thinking about taking Kyron for ice cream so he could have picked the project up on the way or before hand. So why did Terri need the truck on both days?

Either CL is right and they took the project on the 4th which would alleviate the need for the truck on the 3rd. If he's wrong, then the project was already set up and Terri didn't have a concrete time of when to pick the project up so she wouldn't necessarily need the truck on the 4th before Kaine got home. So why did Terri take the truck for two days straight?

Jmo

Didn't Terri also email the teacher to find out what time to pick up the project? Maybe she hadn't heard back yet.

AFAIK, that was a rumor and not ever brought forth by MSM.

Hey guys just wanted to add that the reason I believe a couple of ppl were thinking they remembered KH saying their last exchange was while feeding the cat before Kyron got on bus, but it's been proven that Kyron indeed did ride to school in truck with Terri tht day.

I believe where the confusion lies is that Kaine in telling the story many times said that this was a morning ritual of his and Kyrons. That every morning before Ky got on the bus that he and dad fed Bootsie together.

Thus him relaying that this ritual was something the two of them did every morning before Kyron getting on bus and KH leaving for work was just confused by some. And their memories just recalled the entire feeding cat with him getting on the bus. KWIM?

HTH explain where the confusion lies. Nothing to be debated over or argued about just simply why some may have remembered things that specific way ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, we've never heard from the teacher, so not definitively confirmed.

But as you previously noted, Desiree indicated that the email pointed out that Terri didn't know when she was supposed to pick it up at all.

I think so. This was the first time the school had had this science fair.

I remember Gina Z. saying on Dateline that this was something the children looked forward to every year. This wasn't a new event for the school and if Terri had been volunteering there for the previous two years as has been reported, she would have definitely known about it.

I remember Gina Z. saying on Dateline that this was something the children looked forward to every year. This wasn't a new event for the school and if Terri had been volunteering there for the previous two years as has been reported, she would have definitely known about it.

ITA and to add to that there is a post of mine asking the locAls about the IB science fair and the local that answered explained to me why it was named the IB science fair and that it had been named as thT for several years.

So no this was not the first science fair.

OK so let's throw a little more doubt into this story. If Terri was waiting in the afternoon to pick up the science project, how would Kyron have known to take the bus?

He drove in with Terri might he not expect her to pick him up and his project? I guess she might have told him to take the bus but I can't know that in light of her "seeming" to not know much about picking up the project even though she borrowed Kaine's truck for this purpose.

Terri doesn't have the presence of mind to know when to pick up the project but she somehow expects Kyron to be on the bus that afternoon? No, if she was waiting with no answer about when to pick up the project she should worry about Kyron, whether he was waiting for her to return to pick up his project and no way would a child be able to reason that Terri never came I should get on the bus. That is expecting too much of a child.

I mean with all of this confusion about when Terri would be at the school to pick up the science project (which I doubt, I believe parents had to have been given an agenda) why would Kyron ride the bus home?

This whole truck issue is something that is not adding up.

I find it hard to believe if Terri didn't know she wouldn't ask the teacher or another parent.

I find it hard to believe if Terri didn't know she wouldn't ask the teacher or another parent.

ita, especially if the whole purpose for having the truck was to bring the project home. That is why we need to know whether CL is correct in his assertion. Jmo

This post seems to answer the question of whether the IB Expo was the first or not.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5310545&postcount=24"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Science Fair-IB Expo and the Electric Project[/ame]

Sounds like Skyline was holding this Expo in order to prove themselves worthy of being an IB school.

ita, especially if the whole purpose for having the truck was to bring the project home. That is why we need to know whether CL is correct in his assertion. Jmo

Who is CL? Kaine states that the project was taken by Terri on Thursday afternoon and set up in the classroom for the next day's fair and THAT THE ONLY REASON FOR TERRI TO HAVE THE TRUCK ON FRIDAY WAS TO PICK IT UP AFTER FAIR CONCLUDED AT 10:00am.

So whomever CL is, is mistaken if they said that Terri brought project Friday. The interview where Kaine states for certain when and why(atleast the reasons given to him)Terri used the truck. The after noon of 3rd to take and took kyron to school for the specific reason picking up project when fair ended. The interviewer even asks why was the truck needed for whT seemed to be a fairly small project and both Kaine and Desiree say that no the entire project and diorama would not fit in the mustang.

Actually it is stated in the interview where we heAr from those 2 that baby k was with Terri and Ky that morning. Becasuse they said that with both BAby k and kyron that the project would not fit in mustang thus the need for the truck.

Used by Terri specifically for transporting project on both days. Both thursday afternoon and Friday morning to bring project home at 10 am when fair was over.

I'm not sure that post answers the question of whether or not this was the first time this school named their SF an "IB expo", but this was not the first time that the SR was held at the school, according to the school's PTA president, who stated that Kyron was excites about the Sf that they hold each year.

OK so let's throw a little more doubt into this story. If Terri was waiting in the afternoon to pick up the science project, how would Kyron have known to take the bus?

He drove in with Terri might he not expect her to pick him up and his project? I guess she might have told him to take the bus but I can't know that in light of her "seeming" to not know much about picking up the project even though she borrowed Kaine's truck for this purpose.

Terri doesn't have the presence of mind to know when to pick up the project but she somehow expects Kyron to be on the bus that afternoon? No, if she was waiting with no answer about when to pick up the project she should worry about Kyron, whether he was waiting for her to return to pick up his project and no way would a child be able to reason that Terri never came I should get on the bus. That is expecting too much of a child.

I mean with all of this confusion about when Terri would be at the school to pick up the science project (which I doubt, I believe parents had to have been given an agenda) why would Kyron ride the bus home?

This whole truck issue is something that is not adding up.

It occurs to me that Kaine also was expecting Kyron to ride the bus home, that's why they walked down to meet Kyron at the bus stop, with Kaine in lead. Kaine also said, in at least one interview, that riding the bus was one of Kyron's most fun things to do.

I questioned early on, why didn't Terri just go back to the school and pick up Kyron and the project at the end of the school day, instead of "making" Kyron take the bus home. It was pointed out to me that Kyron would rather take the bus, as per Kaine.

HI Smooth Operator,

please see earlier posts for reference. CL is a minor child in Kyron's class that stated in the Dateline interview that he witnessed Terri and Kyron bringing the project in to school on June 4. At this point, it is unclear whether or not he is mistaken, which is the whole reason that BeanE started this thread for us to discuss the discrepancy between what Kaine was told by Terri and what CL said he witnessed.

Skyline was in the process of applying for IB status.

a science fair isn't the same as an IB Inquiry Expo, which is what Skyline school was participating in THIS particular year. Here's another post which went to great lengths to explain:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5468026&postcount=198"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Science Fair-IB Expo and the Electric Project[/ame]

And Kappy did some research on the school's website itself:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5432015&postcount=172"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Science Fair-IB Expo and the Electric Project[/ame]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back