GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because it was found in her garage by LE on Thursday, and LE needs to know if the Jeep was used/moved at any time on Wednesday. Did anyone see that Jeep anywhere outside of Stephanie's home.

In one report, the sheriff did say that evidence was recovered from both vehicles - Tina's and Stephanie's.

I wonder if he used the jeep to transport the 3 others to where ever he took them.

He has blank dead looking eyes.I wonder if he has done this before, any other missing people in town?

yeah he does - he reminds me a little of the guy out west that was driving down the road with the body in the passenger seat and the cops pulled him over? i cant think of his name. he was an unemployed gourmet meat deliverer...

This is moving so fast. Would really appreciate a link to the presser. I missed it yesterday and today.

Can't locate anything on the web..and the tv10 site simply freezes my computer. Thanks so much.

Information on the 3 still missing:

Herrmann is 5 feet, 6 inches tall, weighing 122 pounds, with sandy blond hair and blue eyes.

Sprang is 5 feet, 3 inches tall, weighing 110 pounds, with blond hair and green eyes.

Kody A. Maynard is 4 feet, 10 inches tall, weighing 70 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Knox County Sheriff's Office at 740-397-3333 or the special tipline at 888-363-TIPS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20022831-504083.html?tag=cbsSMPB#

Regarding the question to the sheriff about whether or not they knew him or he knew them, he seemed to pause, stutter, search for words. I think he ended up saying something to the effect that they did not know him but at some point it seems that he made himself acquainted with them.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing this, but I'm wondering if they have an indication (maybe from Sarah) that he had been watching them - getting acquainted with schedules, people in the home, etc.

Gives me the creeps... :(... And, no, I NEVER answer the door for anyone that I don't know. Ever.

I think it's very possible that's how this began..........a friendly introduction, perhaps a month or two ago. I have the feeling that he was stalking the family, watching their comings and goings, and knew the schedules.

When is the last time that MH was at his parents home, near Tina's?

Did he go there often?

At the presser today, the sheriff stated that Hoffman's parents have been cooperative. He didn't state anything further, but I bet the investigators have a lot of information based on their interviews with the parents.

If MH arrived with Stephanie and both were welcomed into the home, it wouldn't be a home invasion. But since Sarah didn't see Stephanie I'm guessing that MH was welcomed into the home for some reason. If they allowed him to enter for some reason, and thought they could trust him, and no locks are damaged or doors broken, I guess they don't call it an invasion. He might have even talked Tina into offering him a beer.

But wouldn't SOMEONE have seen him? Going in ? Coming out ? From one of the houses at least ? People in this area usually look out for each other.

She was a captive for 5 days? OMG. We can only surmise what she saw and what he did to her.

As a child psychologist, I know that this is one of the number one signs/criteria of a conduct disorder (which often leads to sociopathic behavior as an adult).

I just have to say that many kids down here trap squirrels. And civilized adults hunt squirrels and various other poor creatures. My mom friends and I joke about how all of our kids (at some point) mistreat the family pets and "experiment" with them by taping cats ears back ("to test their balance) and other such stuff. I think kids can be cruel and have to be educated. I'm sure many sociopaths mistreat small animals, but I am also sure many kids who grow up to be normal adults do the same.

My father in law, who is a psychiatrist, is quite the animal killer himself...

Acting wierd lately, hanging out in trees.

Here's a picture of the suspect when he was arrested in 2001, alongside his current mugshot.

JMHO
fran

http://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/2010/nov/15/man-convicted-august-2000-arson-steamboat-heart-oh/

Man convicted in August 2000 arson in Steamboat is at heart of Ohio kidnapping, missing persons case

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and photos at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Okay is it me or does not even look like the same person??

How old were her kids that they required a babysitter so to speak?? I wonder if the door was left unlocked because people were expected and kids coming from home school. I always keep mine locked -- you just never freaking know.

This one is a head scratcher that's for sure.

But wouldn't SOMEONE have seen him? Going in ? Coming out ? From one of the houses at least ? People in this area usually look out for each other.

That's what I wonder. He must have been so unafraid of getting caught, probably excited. My feeling is he surprised and incapacitated one of them quickly, controlling the rest by threats. I just can't fathom how he did it and was not seen.

So is LE just assuming that Stephanie must be with the Maynards, since she is nowhere to be found?

That's what it sounds like. IIRC, Stephanie was supposed to meet up with Tina to go look at rentals. So it seems she walked in on the abduction and/or assault(s) when she went to Tina's at the scheduled time. (Just thinking out loud here.) Or, possibly, she may have tried to called Tina, re their plans that day, and walked over when she couldn't reach her.

I had read of a possible connection between the perp and one of the victims, but, it was on FB, am I allowed to post here? This was posted yesterday, I don't think I have seen it discussed. Please let me know. TIA

I am wondering about this "sitting in a tree" ordeal. What kind of view and towards what would he beable to see? Some have said on here that arson's like to hang out and watch well what if he was looking for a place where he could climb the tree and see where he put them? I'm just throwing stuff out there. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288