GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL..................I thought I broke it too! :D
I was afraid when I was finally able to get back on the site I was gonna have my comment repeated 15 times.....that would have been major embarrasing.

LOL
I don't have the link, but I know I read that his name was M J Hoffman but that he sometimes went by J M Hoffman.

Welcome Beagle!!

I agree with you. I think Sarah was his 'replacement' gf. He might have just been messed up or deranged enough to believe that he could simply get rid of her family and go about his 'normal life' again with his 'girlfriend back in his life'. She is a very lucky girl!

LOL..................I thought I broke it too! :D

Last time Tricia sent me to my room...but she didn't know I had a stocked fridge in there, not to mention laptop and Tv enough cookies to last for a year lol

If he bought that tarp at the WalMart in Mount Vernon........they (LE) may have realized once they learned Tina worked at the DQ that it was located right in front of the WalMart. That may have triggered them to look at WM's video surveillance. May just be a coincidence though.

Mahmoo....I wonder about these pressers too.....no real info and no pics, ect to show to the public...
but I bet LE is pretty much convinced that the three people are already gone....maybe there was enough blood to prove it...maybe Sarah reported it.....

in that case, LE has probably an eyewitness, a tarp bought by MH...a cop seeing MH by the truck at the college...and most likely his dna on beer cans at the victims house...probably will get a good picture too once the cell phones are figured out....

maybe its all a done deal and LE doesn't really much more to convict although it would be great to give these poor people a decent Christian burial....

Last time Tricia sent me to my room...but she didn't know I had a stocked fridge in there, not to mention laptop and Tv enough cookies to last for a year lol
:floorlaugh:

Thanks for the idea!!!

The manager of the Dairy Queen where Tina works went to the house on Thursday when Tina didn't report for work for the second day in a row. She peeked in the windows and saw the beer cans. She entered the house and saw blood and called 911.

I have been reading all along (though I'm a little behind now) but the one thing I am not clear on is .... when was the last sighting of each of the people alive? and when / who reported them missing?

I understand they don't want to taint the case and are cautious about what info they release BUT....right now.....they have 3 people still missing and the sheriff DID ask the public to try to remember if they saw something strange/unusual around Veteran's Day. I think LE should have been prepared, and released, during the press conference today, photos of the vehicles possibly involved in this crime. Waiting until tomorrow is a gross waste of time imo.

I agree! I think it would also be helpful if LE had quickly prepared a fact sheet for the reporters so they could get their articles accurate. We've seen a lot of misinformation in the media reports.

If he bought that tarp at the WalMart in Mount Vernon........they (LE) may have realized once they learned Tina worked at the DQ that it was located right in front of the WalMart. That may have triggered them to look at WM's video surveillance. May just be a coincidence though.

Well, his actions of just sitting in his car by the trail were suspicious ... maybe enough to trigger a deeper look.

IMO

snipped from one of my posts (84?) on previous page

Police found him "just sitting there" in his car near a public bike trail opposite property owned by Kenyon College, near where Herrmann's pickup truck was found the same day, Barber said. It wasn't clear whether the pickup truck had been found first.

I have been reading all along (though I'm a little behind now) but the one thing I am not clear on is .... when was the last sighting of each of the people alive? and when / who reported them missing?

Last sighting of Tina was at 4:30am on Wednesday....by exboyfriend. She texted ex at 11:30am about the dog.
Last sighting of children was at school/bus(?). Sarah says she made it to the house, so I am assuming that's where she met MH.
Last sighting of Stephanie is unknown.

Kids were seen in school on Wed.

Tina -- BF saw her and kids Wed. morning

Stephanie -- unknown when last seen

First reported that BF reported Tina missing on Wednesday; later reported that coworker reported her missing on Thursday (Sheriff had gone to her house on Wed. two times, lights on, truck in driveway IIRC).

But there are probably media reports that contradict everything I typed.

LOL..................I sit here in my little "office" with a small TV, and a bag of 3 Musketeers, crackers, and some cookies. :)

LOL..................I sit here in my little "office" with a small TV, and a bag of 3 Musketeers, crackers, and some cookies. :)
mah hands ----> Leila a -----> HUGE glass of milk

Good point! Maybe mh didn't leave fingerprints though, he may have been wearing gloves at some point and/or wiped off the beer cans, not thinking about saliva and DNA testing. Perhaps that is another reason why it took Friday and Saturday, while LE was processing evidence, to enter mh's house and rescue Sarah. I imagine mh learned a lot while he was in prison, why leave beer cans with traceable evidence if you don't want to be found? Either it's stupidity, forgetting about one critical detail because one is caught-in-the-moment, or maybe taunt LE?

How many beer cans were found? Does he have any history (from family/gf's) of any drug use? If he was ALTERED in any way, he wouldn't have been thinking about DNA. I think he is nuts, for lack of better term. Sociopathic, but low IQ. I do not think he is SMART, as evidenced by his prior theft/arson act. I am telling you, I think he acted on IMPULSE, then RAGED, and I think drugs/alcohol enhanced this. Perhaps he needed courage to carry out his plan, and that helped him. I do not think he was a simple, run of the mill (if there is one) pedophile. He ATTACKED that family... very different, and focused in on one member. He may have been stalking the whole family for reasons we cannot fathom.

I am sure, after the fact, he thought as quickly as possible, and wiped down areas, cleaned as well as he could. I just don't see him as a Hannibal Lecter type, with cunning, planning, intelligence. I see him as acting on some sick animal need after stalking his prey. That is my feeling on this. And I'm sure, he watched that house from his parents' house... he knew when and how long Tina's estranged (or then) bf left for his long shift, 80miles away. I do not think he knew personal details about the family, nor even cared- just their comings and goings. Just my observances.. I think he considered himself animal-like, from his behaviour of sitting in trees watching people, aloofness, collecting leaves and other matter, and habits toward animals. I would not be surprised if he thought of himself as a hunter type of animal. This guy could have become the next Dahmer/Bundy after this escapade... it is a miracle they caught him when they did. I don't thing Sarah would've survived much longer. I have such a bad feeling about him, I cannot even put it into words. I think every time a person like this commits murder, it gives them power and a warped sense of self-esteem. It drives them to commit the next one. If this was his first, the next would become easier and run more smoothly, so to speak. First time serial killers are SLOPPY. They are typically "lucky" not to get caught. This is no crime of passion, no schitzo gone paranoid... I think we are looking at a true sociopath, with possible delusions, self-medicating with drugs/alcohol.

I only pray that he gets capitol punishment, and is taken out of the human race so that other innocents can live in some level of peace. Rant over now!

Bellyup................from what's been reported by the various media, the two children, Sarah and Kody, were in school on Wednesday. Tina's ex-boyfriend, Greg, who sometimes lived at the house with Tina, last saw her early Wednesday morning when he left for his job at a Target Distribution Center 80 miles away. He worked on Wednesday and spent the night either at his mother's house or a friend's. He went golfing the next day (Thursday) and his mother called him and told him that Tina and the children were missing. It's never been stated how she found out. The former boyfriend, Greg, went to the house and LE was there. An officer went in and came right out saying they needed a warrant.

I think he thought he had more time.

I also think he would have led police to the bodies had they not arrested him he seems to like to return to the crime scenes. Often. I think they will find them close. It wouldnt shock me if they are near his exes new home or the home she lived in before she moved in with him. That way he could plan on watching her and them all at once.

So what unsolved crime to they have in the college area or directly in the park? Any exposures ? Assaults?

What our local news said (Columbus) was that the reciept for the tarp was found in Tina's home. Sorry I have no link but it was on the 6pm broadcast. With all the crazy and inaccurate reporting I'm half afraid to mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member