2010.11.16 NC Vigil for Zahra Baker

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a signer for the hearing impaired on stage. Oh gosh.

Lord, we come to this place to celebrate and remember Zahra Clare Baker.

(snip)

We thank you for her smile, which in these days of pain has touched so many lives.

Aw Jesus. At the end, they asked the crowd to leave safe and keep Zahra in mind and the crowd spontaneously started singing the Happy Birthday song to Zahra...

At the end they sang Happy Birthday and then a small section of the crowd started chanting...."we want justice, we want justice!"

Just overheard audio: If we have to we'll link arms to stay together but....

Anyone else catch that?

I hope they let EB watch that from jail...only because I think it will tear her apart that she's not the one getting the attention!

Aw Jesus. At the end, they asked the crowd to leave safe and keep Zahra in mind and the crowd spontaneously started singing the Happy Birthday song to Zahra...
IMO that should have been on the program. TY, crowd!

I was doing ok until they sang Happy Birthday...then I lost it! I'm so glad the crowd did that but it still made me cry.

I am sure they will rebroadcast... Here's the latest from the local station: http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/nov/16/4/vigil-be-held-zahra-tonight-ar-1097513/

Snipped from article above:

"“We were talking as a council and we recognized the community needed to come together,” said Adrienne Opdyke, vice-chair of the Children’s Protection Council. “She’s had an impact on our community.”

Opdyke said she’s received calls from people from Winston-Salem and Hendersonville, wanting directions to Union Square where the vigil for Zahra will be held today. She’s even received phone calls from as far away as South Dakota."

I wanted to attend so badly but its a 2 hr drive for me and there was no way to get there in time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth