Morgue workers dragged Ropell McBeth's body

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
A shocking video captured two callous city workers hauling the corpse of a Bronx man like he was a "bag of trash" - even dragging the body down a cement staircase.
The disturbing security camera footage is at the center of a suit filed by Ropell McBeth's sister against the medical examiner's office.
She says her 54-year-old brother, a formerly homeless schizophrenic, endured "incredible hardship" before he died at an assisted-living facility this year.
"He was mistreated in life, and humiliated by these men in death," Sandy McBeth-Tuitt, 52, told the Daily News.
"They treated my brother like he wasn't even a person, but garbage. They should be ashamed of themselves."

WARNING************ GRAPHIC VIDEO AT LINK and rest of the story!

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...kers_in_corpsebashin_video.html#ixzz15ClX4atV

I imagine this happens much more than we care to know about.

It's disgraceful!

ok, I thought I had to see it for myself - wish I hadn't - I guess I thought the video would show the headlines were exaggerating - a write up in their files? these guys should be terminated and the guy who thought a write-up was enough should be terminated too

Poor man. Nothing like suffering in life and then being treated like crapolla in death.

O.K. do we think Ropell is the first corpse they treated like this? Seriously? Mind you I didn't watch the video. I had heard enough stories from how people were treated at the Advent of AIDS to last a lifetime.

One of my friends had to call EMT's. Remember early 80's we were not certain how HIV was transmitted. They purposely banged each and every step they went down with him on a gurney making is pain worse. I know of cops back in the day who thought arresting tricks/prostitutes was entertainment time. "Do a Mexican hat dance and we'll let you go".

People are ugly and awful and it's just a job to them. Ropell McBeth certainly is not the first body they treated like that. Every human being deserves dignity especially in death. Shame on them.

RIP Ropell I am sorry you got treated like dirt in life and after.

Poor man. Nothing like suffering in life and then being treated like crapolla in death.

O.K. do we think Ropell is the first corpse they treated like this? Seriously? Mind you I didn't watch the video. I had heard enough stories from how people were treated at the Advent of AIDS to last a lifetime.

One of my friends had to call EMT's. Remember early 80's we were not certain how HIV was transmitted. They purposely banged each and every step they went down with him on a gurney making is pain worse. I know of cops back in the day who thought arresting tricks/prostitutes was entertainment time. "Do a Mexican hat dance and we'll let you go".

People are ugly and awful and it's just a job to them. Ropell McBeth certainly is not the first body they treated like that. Every human being deserves dignity especially in death. Shame on them.

Ya know Filly, if it had been my own dead body they dragged like that, I could care less. (atheist and all that jazz)

However, I am outraged they would treat anyone else like that. They are paid to respectfully handle the body. Shoot, they may as well just tossed him out the window to the sidewalk next to the van!

IMO because of a failure to do their jobs, I feel they should be charged with abuse of a corpse.

they must have changed the video, cause all I saw was a body in a bag strapped to a stretcher/gurney type thing being removed from the building and put into a van???

they must have changed the video, cause all I saw was a body in a bag strapped to a stretcher/gurney type thing being removed from the building and put into a van???

be thankful you missed it!

No I think it is the same video that was up yesterday. I also see the same thing as Germaine.

This is shameful, for sure. Yes, it has happened many times before, I have no doubt. On a lesser scale, but a personal one, my father told me about how my maternal grandmother was removed from the house by the morgue workers from a private funeral home.

My grandmother was poor all of her life. Her husband died when she was pregnant with her fifth child, and friends and relatives all advised her to give her children up to "people who could raise them". But she was a very determined woman, and had a will of steel. Instead of taking the unsolicited advice she took jobs cleaning homes, sewing and doing translations from Italian to English. (She learned English as soon as she arrived in the US, and was very proud of that.) She would take laundry home to do at night, and sewing to also do at home so she could be with her children when they got home from school.

When she was diagnosed with renal failure she made her wishes about her funeral known to her family. There was a particular funeral home in town that was very elegant - huge columns on the building, beautiful viewing rooms, etc. She told my father that although she did not have the finer things in life she wanted to be ushered into the next life in an elegant manner. Thank goodness she was dead and could not see what happened when she died. My father told me that the funeral home attendants - most likely the owners - brought a sheet upstairs, wrapped her in it, and then tied it like a sack and carried her down the stairs - very disrespectful and irreverent. Excuse the pun, but she would have died had she witnessed what was done. The sad part is my grandmothers family was paying hard-earned money for her funeral service. Needless to say she was the first and last member of my family to ever be taken to that funeral home. Regardless of religious beliefs - whether the people who remove the bodies believe in afterlife or not - the living relatives deserve to see their loved one treated in a respectful manner. My grandmother died three years before I was born. She was a strong woman, and I have learned a lot from the stories I have been told about her.

Kudos to Mr. McBeth's sister for standing up for the dignity he deserved.

Just awful. :(

Ducky can explain this better then me but, Jewish people almost ALWAYS have a Rabbi or such with them the whole time before burial watching over them and Praying.

At this moment, I'm thinking everyone should have somebody with them until burial. (or creamation)
moo

I must be not as sensitive as the rest of you. I didn't find it horrible. They did looked like they were struggling, but I didn't think it was disrespectful. Have you seen emergency ambulance workers carry out anybody? They crash those gurneys into walls and doorways in your house.

I must be not as sensitive as the rest of you. I didn't find it horrible. They did looked like they were struggling, but I didn't think it was disrespectful. Have you seen emergency ambulance workers carry out anybody? They crash those gurneys into walls and doorways in your house.

thank you! I'm thinking I must be the most insensitive person alive. It looked totally normal to me, and other posters have assured me I'm looking at the correct video. I didn't even see any crashing into walls or anything at all like that. It looks totally normal to me :::shrug:::

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back