Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

I would like to remind everyone that WS is a victim-friendly forum. Emily is a victim and any bashing of her will not be tolerated.

Tricia, the owner of WS, recently posted the first-ever Wall of Shame post about how badly Nancy Grace was speaking about Emily on her show.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5802055#post5802055"]Websleuths.com is proud to present The Websleuths Wall of Shame. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you read Tricia's post. We will NOT allow the same bashing here! The next poster that bashes Emily in any way will get a no expense paid vacation.

I would like to remind everyone that WS is a victim-friendly forum. Emily is a victim and any bashing of her will not be tolerated.

Tricia, the owner of WS, recently posted the first-ever Wall of Shame post about how badly Nancy Grace was speaking about Emily on her show.

Websleuths.com is proud to present The Websleuths Wall of Shame. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you read Tricia's post. We will NOT allow the same bashing here! The next poster that bashes Emily in any way will get a no expense paid vacation.

And a big AMEN to THAT!

Does anyone how old her other children are?

They don't need to be brought into this.

It was already done once, over on FB, in a negative sense, and I don't really want to see that happening again. As above, "victim-friendly" and all that.

Cheers!

Please don't sleuth details on people related to the players simply because they are related, particularly not their kids.

Thank you!

I get why, WhyaDuck sent a general message out in regards to my question but what I cant understand is how asking the kids ages was assumed to mean I was on a mission to bash anyone. REALLY??

I get why, WhyaDuck sent a general message out in regards to my question but what I cant understand is how asking the kids ages was assumed to mean I was on a mission to bash anyone. REALLY??

It's not about bashing exactly - it's about revealing private information about people who, through no fault of their own, are drug into this mess, and, especially, protecting the privacy of children.

I think the previous poster was reacting more to the bashing that goes on on other sites, and wishing to prevent it here, which is a standard to which we are also committed.

FWIW, I don't think anyone was accusing you of wishing to bash the children - we are just making sure that such information is left alone.

ETA: And Daisy's post fell at random, and, I think, was unconnected to you.

When I read this today I was shocked and so sad for Emily..

"The Australian public had sent Dietrich scathing and angry e-mails, and she was afraid her reception in America would be similar, but it wasn’t, said Ridgway. “She was hugged by a lot of people. She was perfectly happy to talk to people,” Lisa said. “She said all she got here was support.”

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...efriended-zahras-australian-mother-ar-548052/

How could it be that her own home country treated her that way, but not the US? SO very sad.

Bumping from lauriej's MSM news post. Thanks lauriej!

Wagga relatives mourn Zahra Baker

“The family of Zahra Baker is mourning the loss of a child they never got the chance to know, says her aunty, Nicole Dawson.

Ms Dawson is the sister of Zahra’s mother, Emily Dietrich, and said the family could only piece together fragments of the girl’s life from media reports after police identified her remains in the US.

Zahra has grandparents, aunties, uncles and cousins in the Wagga area who are dealing with the loss in different ways.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/n...lebrated-her-11th-birthday-today/1999750.aspx

If they got to her via the Facebook sites I am not surprised...those sites are a meeting place for people with borderline personality disorders in my opinion.

The Ridgeway family makes my heart so full. I feel like they stepped in and did what so many of us wanted to do for Emily, but were unable to do because of distance. God surely holds a special place for that family in his heart...I know I do.

I didn't take it that way at all. It was just a question in response to my post. I didn't feel I was bashing her either. On the contrary, I'm in the Emily camp and have been since the first time I heard her speak. I can relate to her and feel that she was victimized in this whole thing. My heart breaks for her.

the slippery slope. This is the thread about interviews and news regarding ED, bio mum. Not about ED's other kids. There is no and will be no thread about them. Rightly so.

The mods (and minimods) have been doing this a long time and they know that if you let the topic of minor children, who are not part of the case/story at hand, come up, even in general terms such as ages - It encourages those minor children to become more and more a topic. Allow one innnocent post and the specualtion begins. Once begun, next we'll be speculating on their sexes, next speculation will turn to what sort of mother ED is with them, etc etc etc.

It is a slippery slope that nobody wants to start sliding down. That is why it is forbidden.

I know it's hard to understand sometimes when an innocently meant question is met with the STOP sign. But there are always reasons, even when they don't seem obvious.

hth

Carrying over from media thread

http://au.news.yahoo.com/opinion/post/-/blog/robertovadia/post/136/comment/1/

"Emily's pilgrimage
By Robert Ovadia

Covering the tragic case of Zahra Baker for 7News I travelled to the United States with her mother Emily Dietrich. Here is her emotional account of the pilgrimage to find answers following the mystery of her daughter's death.

Wednesday

Today was full of travel, maybe a little too much for a newbie in the world of international travel. After having already spent time with reporter Robert Ovadia and cameraman Paul Walker, I had very little nerves about going on this emotional journey with them. I had a mid morning flight from Wagga to Sydney, then met up with Rob and Paul for the long flight to San Francisco. The flight itself was fantastic, I handled the long hours in a confined space much better than I expected, except for the inevitable time to think. From the minute I had turned the corner toward the airport in Wagga I had butterflies in my stomach because of the unknown I was heading into."

More at link.

Carrying over from media thread

http://au.news.yahoo.com/opinion/post/-/blog/robertovadia/post/136/comment/1/

"Emily's pilgrimage
By Robert Ovadia

Covering the tragic case of Zahra Baker for 7News I travelled to the United States with her mother Emily Dietrich. Here is her emotional account of the pilgrimage to find answers following the mystery of her daughter's death.

Wednesday

Today was full of travel, maybe a little too much for a newbie in the world of international travel. After having already spent time with reporter Robert Ovadia and cameraman Paul Walker, I had very little nerves about going on this emotional journey with them. I had a mid morning flight from Wagga to Sydney, then met up with Rob and Paul for the long flight to San Francisco. The flight itself was fantastic, I handled the long hours in a confined space much better than I expected, except for the inevitable time to think. From the minute I had turned the corner toward the airport in Wagga I had butterflies in my stomach because of the unknown I was heading into."

More at link.

Thanks for this link. I've made it half way though Friday and the tears are falling. I have so much respect for this LE agency.

Thanks for this link. I've made it half way though Friday and the tears are falling. I have so much respect for this LE agency.

I thankyou as well CarrieBean,such a sad sad heartbreaker as well as a tragic loss.

I read this before going to bed last night. I have to say Emily is a tough girl in my mind. I felt like I was right along with her as I read. I shook I cried and I laughed and smiled. I was almost afraid to read it before bed but I slept well feeling she had found some sort of deep peace. I so glad she met the wonderful people she did.

PS I always salt my biscuits and gravy LOL

Did she mention on the hinky site if her and KB are/were in contact?

I got the impression from what KB allegedly wrote on the Zahra FB page that they were not close.

IMO, someone in Oz had to be helping AB hide Zahra for all those years.

If only they had joined forces to keep Zahra in Oz!

Agree ...it did cross my mind,I only found out about Zarah recently, so its all I'm thinking about..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back