Reward that leads to Kyron Horman up to $50,000

RubyRed

"Keep on Truckin"
Reaction score
Reward that leads to Kyron Horman up to $50,000
kyron-missing-poster+071410.jpg

Hoping a tip that breaks the case was just around the corner, the reward for information that leads to missing Portland boy 7-year-old Kyron Horman was doubled by an anonymous donor Tuesday to $50,000, up from $25,000.​

This was basically the only thing new in the presser.

I'm wondering what the opinion is as to the relation of the amount of a reward vs. someone with knowledge finally coming forward, or if there is a relation.

While most average, law-abiding people would not need the promise of a reward to come forward with information about a missing child, it is often the non-law-abiding who have such information. And they may need the extra incentive of a reward large enough to quit stealing, or committing crimes, whatever.

I wonder if a large corporation, or an Oprah, i.e. put up $1million, for example, would that only create false tips or might it be a significant enough reward to risk coming forward, even if it brings LE down on you for other crimes? As long as you did not aide in this one, you would be eligible for the reward and it would be waiting for you after your own affairs were "settled."

Do you think there is anyone out there who has some significant knowledge about where Kyron is or what happened to him, who might come forward for a life-changing amount of money?

pedophiles act alone. I don't think the culprit shares his action with anyone else who would have an opportunity to come forward for the money. Just snatch and perform his sick deeds before throwing kyron away.

This thread posted twice. Sorry-if a mod gets a chance to delete one, I can't figure it out.:(

Terri is the only one who comes to mind...jmo!

Hard to spend a million in custody, huh? But...

The million smackeroos might come in handy when she's buying Cheesits, Slim Jims, and Snack Pack pudding from the prison canteen.

OK... I'll :trout: myself over that one.

Hard to spend a million in custody, huh? But...

The million smackeroos might come in handy when she's buying Cheesits, Slim Jims, and Snack Pack pudding from the prison canteen.

OK... I'll :trout: myself over that one.

Exactly(about the snackies)...lol :)

I thought almost everyone figured she had to have some sort of help...and I was assuming that someone would have talked. I think if she did have help (although I never thought so) then there is someone who is innocent who knows something...a family member of an accomplice or a friend of someone who had some small part in whatever happened. Or maybe some small-time criminal who she approached and he turned her down.

A humongous reward would bring forth a number of people with nothing worthwhile to add trying to insert themselves out of greed IMO.

Most good people with information would have come forward already. If they haven't they might be involved in it. But maybe someone would be willing to sell the other perp out if they get the promise of a deal and a million dollars reward. (Not sure it would be ethical for the perps or accomplices to benefit from their crimes.)

A humongous reward would bring forth a number of people with nothing worthwhile to add trying to insert themselves out of greed IMO.

Most good people with information would have come forward already. If they haven't they might be involved in it. But maybe someone would be willing to sell the other perp out if they get the promise of a deal and a million dollars reward. (Not sure it would be ethical for the perps or accomplices to benefit from their crimes.)

i agree. if anyone does have suspicions about the person who kidnapped kyron, they may be too afraid the perp would harm them or someone in their family to come forward.

IMO I don't think rewards work all the well. We don't have Bin Laden yet.

I'm wondering what the opinion is as to the relation of the amount of a reward vs. someone with knowledge finally coming forward, or if there is a relation.

SBM

I don't think any reward would be enough to get an accomplice to come forward.

I do think rewards have a place, though. If the reward amount gets up high enough, that's news and it gets more media coverage of the missing person. Each time a story runs, there are bound to be at least a few new readers who hadn't noticed that story before. Run enough stories and the number of people in the general population who are aware of the story increases substantially.

The vast majority of people are not motivated to give information in return for a reward, they do it out of the generosity of their own hearts. But if they aren't even aware of a certain story, there's much less chance they will notice something significant.

Wait, I take it back... partially. The vast majority of adults are not motivated by reward money to do the right thing. However, kids are dreamers and have much more time on their hands to be observing the world around them. A reward can really catch a kid's attention and make the story stick in their mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back