2010.11.18 AB/EB Court Dates - Other Charges [MERGED]

http://twitter.com/RadBerkywcnc

says EB may not have to appear..

I'm betting her lawyers will do everything they can to make sure she is not there and does not have any visual or physical contact with AB. Who knows what that could spark and her lawyers seem to know how she is. I don't think she has any desire to see or speak to AB.

I'm still betting that she refused to see him right after her arrest when he and AF had their names down on the visitors list. I guess it would be harder to face him knowing that he has learned a few things and that you were about to throw him under a bus.

MOO

You are making perfect sense, Mountain_Kat! Who knows with this group!

ETA: Does anyone know what time court is today? If I knew, I have forgotten!

It just shows am on the court calendar. But it is highlighted in red, does that mean the court is in or about to go into session?

2010051258 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name: BAKER,ADAM,TROY
County: CALDWELL
Court Date: 11/18/2010
Session: AM
Court Room: 0001

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cal...x=0&agency=&defname=baker&submit=Submit+Query

2004000362 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name: BAKER,ELISA,ANNETTE
County: CALDWELL
Court Date: 11/18/2010
Session: AM
Court Room: 0001

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cal...0&agency=&defname=baker,e&submit=Submit+Query

I'm betting her lawyers will do everything they can to make sure she is not there and does not have any visual or physical contact with AB. Who knows what that could spark and her lawyers seem to know how she is. I don't think she has any desire to see or speak to AB.

I'm still betting that she refused to see him right after her arrest when he and AF had their names down on the visitors list. I guess it would be harder to face him knowing that he has learned a few things and that you were about to throw him under a bus.

MOO

BBM

That's another thing that bugs me. AF goes to visit her mommy in jail, but at EB's bond hearing pleads with the judge not to let her mommy out or she'll have to leave town because she fears for her life? What possible reason would AF have to fear EB? Other than the fact that EB is psycho, of course, but then AF no doubt already knew THAT.

Just...doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'm missing info or something. I don't know.

So...if EB was still married to AY when she married AB, was she also still married to JA when she married AY? She married JA in 1998, and I believe you have to be legally separated for 1 year in NC before you can legally divorce, so even if she married JA and the next day filed for legal separation, that would still put us at 1999 for that divorce. AT says he was married to EB for 10 years...they divorced in 2009, so 10 years married would put them married in 1999.

(Am I making sense? I haven't had my coffee yet.)

You are right about being separated for one year before you can get a final judgment of divorce in NC.

You are right about being separated for one year before you can get a final judgment of divorce in NC.
Not always true, depends on the circumstances, I left my ex husband the 8th of March, he didn't file until August. I was divorced the day after Christmas. We got married in NC, divorced in NC.
It depends if you have assets, kids, house, and what not.
We didn't have any of that, so It was a clean break.
So, It can happen in less then a year!

No fair!!!

I do not see why both EB and AB doesn't have to be in court!

Not always true, depends on the circumstances, I left my ex husband the 8th of March, he didn't file until August. I was divorced the day after Christmas. We got married in NC, divorced in NC.
It depends if you have assets, kids, house, and what not.
We didn't have any of that, so It was a clean break.
So, It can happen in less then a year!

I didn't know that. I thought it was always a mandatory year. I guess you learn something new every day.

BBM

That's another thing that bugs me. AF goes to visit her mommy in jail, but at EB's bond hearing pleads with the judge not to let her mommy out or she'll have to leave town because she fears for her life? What possible reason would AF have to fear EB? Other than the fact that EB is psycho, of course, but then AF no doubt already knew THAT.

Just...doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'm missing info or something. I don't know.

After not getting in to see her mother, AF had likely been giving information to LE regarding her mother's actions over the years. AF knew her mother would be beyond pi$$ed that she was ratting her out. At that point, AF likely had good reason to fear her mother.

MOO

Now why would AB not have to show up? EB is already in jail so I kinda understand that, but AB? And another thing if they are worried about people having a go at him, why don't they just come out and say he isn't guilty of anything? That they don't, tells me he is a POI.

Awwwww man!!!!! I was hoping for some entertainment today. I guess EB's lawyers feared her reaction, and AB was too scared to come to court. Dangit.

If they're facing the same charges, unless they take a plea or settle out of court, won't they have to be in the same court at some point? I know when they get charged with what happened to Zahra that those proceedings can be split. Is it the same for lesser criminal charges too?

Now why would AB not have to show up? EB is already in jail so I kinda understand that, but AB? And another thing if they are worried about people having a go at him, why don't they just come out and say he isn't guilty of anything? That they don't, tells me he is a POI.

Are you talking about AB's lawyers or LE? Cause AB's lawyers tried to clean up AB and had him say that what, last night, night before? And it was an EPIC fail.

And I just don't LE ever saying he's not guilty. That's just me. And he wouldn't be safe anyway if they did. I don't think anyone would believe them either.

Teh.......totally agree he is a POI.........hiding behind his lawyer and mom......
Why wouldn't he want to face the killer of his child????
Make her pay???
Because he killed Zahra too!!!
I hope he locks himself up in his apt just like jail.
Hope his new neighbors protest outside his window!
me bad this morning...........

Did ICA have to be in court on her bad checks??? or was that later in the sentencing phase?

Did ICA have to be in court on her bad checks??? or was that later in the sentencing phase?

Wasn't all of that like in one day? I think there was supposed to be a trial for that, and then at the last moment before the trial was to start, she showed up and plead guilty. She probably would have had to be there every day if there was an actual trial.

Now HHJP, in that case, did rule that she has to be there for all hearings except status hearings (and apparently hearings over the phone as she doesn't have to show up today).

It'll be interesting to see the judge or judges (would they have the same judge?) in this case (cases, if it's split). I wonder what kind of ruling about appearing at hearings this judge or judges will make eventually.

ETA: Well dangit, I was going to ask some questions in the lawyer thread, but I don't see a lawyer thread for this case!

One would think his good buddy "Tom" would do that for him aye ?

What time was this all supposed to go down this AM? Wonder how long it will take for us to hear the outcome of both? EB could have appeared via computer hook-up like she did before. That way AB wouldn't have had to face her. Why isn't he going to be there?
I guess because of the angry mob crowd assembling outside?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back