GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worries me a little that we are getting no clear cut info to speak of after 7 day’s.
It leaves me feeling sorta like LE is still in the dark to a degree, calling in FBI, etc…
That these people might not be found, and exactly what kind of a nut job we are dealing with here??

I SOOOO hope I am wrong, and something will turn up today.

Honestly, I've paid more attention to the press conferences than the news articles. They have to sell papers/get ratings, and sometimes their headlines/teasers just irritate me to no end. What I have noticed too, is that a lot of the innaccurate info. is coming from sources that get their info. secondhand. Perhaps just pay attention to local sources: 10TV has been here since beginning (out of Columbus) and I've always considered them the most reliable. Mt. Vernon News is trying to get it right I think, but are slow to update anything. But it's like anything, we can all hear the same thing said, and interpret it differently perhaps.

And that sounded like I was defending media, which must signal it's time for me to take a break! I do understand what you're saying.

I wish MSM would just publish transcripts of the pressers & interviews w/ the sheriff & not even try to put their own spin on it.

There was another case here (I think it was Shantina Smiley & her son Azriel) where reporting was sloppy, and a WSer explained to us that media has had cutbacks in staff like many companies...she said that a newspaper or tv station may not have a reporter dedicated to crime -- someone that understand how to report it, etc..

And lots of media have reduced their editorial staff to bare bones, and interns are doing what reporters used to do.

My own personal belief is that a lot of reporting is getting dumbed down so articles can be shorter in order to make them more suitable for their smartphone audience.

Facts, schmacts. :crazy:

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/18/mystery-continues-search-expands

A purple sweatshirt was located Wednesday afternoon and a blue sweatshirt was found late Wednesday by a group of volunteer searchers. Kody Maynard was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt. No information is currently available as to whether or not these two items are connected to the case.

eta: one of the upthread links said that stephanie was wearing a purple sweatshirt... it was the only one claiming to know what she was wearing. everyone else has said that they dont know what she was last seen in

Since Tina lived so far out, does anyone think that MH may have somehow managed to jump in the car/hitch hike/carjack Tina or Stephanie while they were in town that morning. I am just thinking about how he would get out there without his car, and how he would get around with 2 vehicles.

Somewhere things are not adding up, 2 cars at the schools, cars at his house, items scattered all over, and Sarah in his basement.

My guess is he jumped in the car with Stephanie in town, and made her pull her car into the garage when they got to the house.

Probably attcked Tina when she came home, ran some errands before the kids came home. I wonder if he may have changed into GB clothes so he was clean when he went out.

Since Tina lived so far out, does anyone think that MH may have somehow managed to jump in the car/hitch hike/carjack Tina or Stephanie while they were in town that morning. I am just thinking about how he would get out there without his car, and how he would get around with 2 vehicles.

Somewhere things are not adding up, 2 cars at the schools, cars at his house, items scattered all over, and Sarah in his basement.

My guess is he jumped in the car with Stephanie in town, and made her pull her car into the garage when they got to the house.

Probably attcked Tina when she came home, ran some errands before the kids came home. I wonder if he may have changed into GB clothes so he was clean when he went out.

interesting thoughts...does anyone know what gb looks like?

10TV's Tanisha Mallett just checked in with a Knox County sheriff's assistant. She said that as of now, Sheriff David Barber has not decided whether he will brief media today. We'll keep you posted.

I wish MSM would just publish transcripts of the pressers & interviews w/ the sheriff & not even try to put their own spin on it.

There was another case here (I think it was Shantina Smiley & her son Azriel) where reporting was sloppy, and a WSer explained to us that media has had cutbacks in staff like many companies...she said that a newspaper or tv station may not have a reporter dedicated to crime -- someone that understand how to report it, etc..

And lots of media have reduced their editorial staff to bare bones, and interns are doing what reporters used to do.

My own personal belief is that a lot of reporting is getting dumbed down so articles can be shorter in order to make them more suitable for their smartphone audience.

Facts, schmacts. :crazy:

I also think the media has become too focused on reporting "breaking news" (often over the most trivial matters IMO) that reporters are not thoroughly fact checking their information or sources and often repeat rumors just to get an article published or a story on the air.

I feel a little sorry for the Sherriff, he probably gets confused too!

He doesn't want to exclude the community, and/or those searching but, he walks a fine line between what he can say and what he can't.

I feel sure they know loads more than what they are letting on. We are only getting crumbs, and confusing crumbs at that! LOL!

First and foremost, aside from finding the victims, I’m sure LE of all kinds involved, want to get this guy into trial, and get him convicted! With no fishy stuff on the defense’s part. Like compromised info.

I agree. Let's not discount the possibility that the Sheriff and other LE are only human, under a lot of stress, in a hurry, and probably sleep-deprived. Mistakes in speech would be understandable, especially when faced with a dozen cameras and microphones. The accidental misuse of a simple preposition can change the entire meaning of a sentence, often without the speaker even noticing his mistake. I also try to remember that Sheriff Barber has said on more than one occasion that there are aspects of this case he is not yet privy to.

In other words, I take everything I hear and read about this case with a grain of salt.

JMHO

A purple sweatshirt was located Wednesday afternoon and a blue sweatshirt was found late Wednesday by a group of volunteer searchers. Kody Maynard was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt. No information is currently available as to whether or not these two items are connected to the case.

eta: one of the upthread links said that stephanie was wearing a purple sweatshirt... it was the only one claiming to know what she was wearing. everyone else has said that they dont know what she was last seen in

Posted on FB (on the page set up for Stephanie):
"NEWEST INFORMATION !!!!
The last thing STEPHANIE SPRANG was seen wearing before disappearence is : Purple and Grey EK hoodie, Purple/Black Ball Cap, Black pants and white Tennis Shoes."

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...-For-Stephanie-Sprangs-Family/169750149715919

Yes I have a pic of him but, I do not know how to post it on here.

four-missing-art0-gklai75o-1four-missing-knox-jpg.jpg

According to the sheriff, Herrmann was last seen wearing a white baseball cap, tan hoodie, dark-colored sweatpants and tennis shoes.

Kody was wearing jeans, a gray T-shirt, a blue hoodie and black shoes.

I wonder if that clothing description came from or was verified by Sarah, who I would assume was the last one to see them? If so, it strikes me odd that they were wearing shoes... generally, people wear slippers or sock feet when just hanging out at home... but shoes?

So, maybe they had put on their shoes and were leaving the house when she last saw them?

Dark colored sweatpants could be navy blue,like the ones found last night.

According to the sheriff, Herrmann was last seen wearing a white baseball cap, tan hoodie, dark-colored sweatpants and tennis shoes.

Kody was wearing jeans, a gray T-shirt, a blue hoodie and black shoes.

I wonder if that clothing description came from or was verified by Sarah, who I would assume was the last one to see them? If so, it strikes me odd that they were wearing shoes... generally, people wear slippers or sock feet when just hanging out at home... but shoes?

So, maybe they had put on their shoes and were leaving the house when she last saw them?

I'm not so sure Sarah was able to provide an accurate clothing description given what she's been through. Instead, I think the Sheriff stated in a press conference video footage from school and other locations where the missing people may have been was reviewed.

interesting thoughts...does anyone know what gb looks like?

Yes I have a pic of him but, I do not know how to post it on here.
O.K. here's my pic, thanks for the help

Attachments

• greg-borders-knox-county-missing-people-6-111210.jpg
    greg-borders-knox-county-missing-people-6-111210.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 36
Evidence recovered Wednesday, and in previous days, is being processed by investigators to determine if it has any connection to the case.

Barber was asked about the activity witnessed Wednesday afternoon by News reporters at the King Beach Drive home from where the four are presumed to have been taken. The sheriff answered that he was not yet aware of what that activity was and whether or not the people at the house had been investigators or family members of the victims.

News reporters saw six to eight people leaving the Herrmann residence Wednesday afternoon with what appeared to be personal items including a teddy bear, a camouflage covered pillow and toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member