Two Girls on Bikes

dsntslp

Reaction score
Those pictures of the girls on bikes in front of some shrubbery look like Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Cocoa Beach? But definitely that part of the north Florida coast. The hotel looks a lot like Cocoa Beach to me, too.
Those shrubs are seagrapes. They are a protected plant in Fl, no trimming etc because they help to keep the dunes from eroding.
Do they have seagrapes in California?

The building in the background in one of those pics with the girls in front of the seagrapes looks like it is in N. Miami at a place called North Beach, Haulover Park (clothing optional since at least 1986 that I know of and it seems I remember hearing that the fight to stop the nudity had been ongoing for at least twenty years. Haulover Park has/had? a bench like that and also seagrapes separating a dirt pathway/drive from the ocean. Part of the path has since been paved.

I hope this one has been called in...

There is certainly no problem with the timeline, as Alcala was free at the time of Kidwell's disappearance (May 4, 1979).
He killed Jill Parenteau in June in Burbank and kidnapped and killed Robin Samsoe a week later in Huntington Beach. Ventura is an hour's drive from L.A.

Just an observation here, but this swim suit reminds me of something out of the 60's or early 70's. The pattern reminds me of a perhaps a Vera scarf pattern or some other artist doing what was called pop art or mod art back then. I have looked and looked for this pattern on line, but haven't come up with anything though.

picture.php
02242.jpg

Is that the same girl or is the similarity an artifact of the matching head tilt?

They both have got some spotting on their chin but the bike girl gets grainy before I can tell if it matches.

Her bicycle is an Olmo Special, btw. I didn't have any luck dating it on a quick google search but maybe some vintage bicycle aficionado could.

Here's a side by side of this girl posted on another thread by Sleuthster :

This girl, Susan Rae Perron, disappeared June of 71, definitely has the potential of being an Alcala victim timeline wise, as we know Alcala sometimes vacationed in Vegas. Could she be one of the girls on bikes? (Though someone here said that those plants behind the girls are called Sea Grapes and are common in Florida. Could that be something that grows in Las Vegas instead?) She looks a little younger (14) than the girl on the bike to me.

http://www.lvmpd.com/bureaus/homicide_coldcases70.html

2qs7z14.jpg

Wow, that is certainly a very strong resemblance. She does look a little younger than the girl on the bike, but not by much -- 14 versus 16, maybe. She looks much younger in this one: http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00193.jpg

We couldn't get a definitive answer about whether sea grapes grow in other places. It's native to Florida and the Caribbean, but it appears to be able to be cultivated in any place where the temperature stays above freezing. It's also popular as an ornamental shrub around pool areas. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coccoloba_uvifera So it's probably possible that it is or was growing some place in Nevada.

I took a look at some photos of Lorenzi Park thinking that might be where the pictures were taken, but it doesn't look very similar.

Here's a side by side of this girl posted on another thread by Sleuthster :

This girl, Susan Rae Perron, disappeared June of 71, definitely has the potential of being an Alcala victim timeline wise, as we know Alcala sometimes vacationed in Vegas. Could she be one of the girls on bikes? (Though someone here said that those plants behind the girls are called Sea Grapes and are common in Florida. Could that be something that grows in Las Vegas instead?) She looks a little younger (14) than the girl on the bike to me.

http://www.lvmpd.com/bureaus/homicide_coldcases70.html

2qs7z14.jpg

Susan Rae Perron went missing from Las Vegas in 1971, according to the time line Alcala was on the east coast until 1974.

It also looks to me that the girl in the photo of the unidentified has a gap between her two front teeth, there arent many pictures online of Susan but it doesnt seem she has the same gap.

Apparently people think that Amy was killed by a serial killer in Las Vegas during that time because other girls went missing around the same time and were found in the same area.

Susan Rae Perron went missing from Las Vegas in 1971, according to the time line Alcala was on the east coast until 1974.

It also looks to me that the girl in the photo of the unidentified has a gap between her two front teeth, there arent many pictures online of Susan but it doesnt seem she has the same gap.

Apparently people think that Amy was killed by a serial killer in Las Vegas during that time because other girls went missing around the same time and were found in the same area.

I agree that she was killed by a serial killer. There where several victims including another girl on the LV cold case site that was foun around the same time when Susan Perron was found also her body was found around the same area.

Alcala was a fugitive in 71. Yes he fled to the east coast, it doesn't mean he didn't get around though. We don't have anything definitive, though we know he apparently liked to "vacation" in Vegas and Texas. He was arrested on August 12 71 in New Hampshire and brought back to CA and was incarcerated until Aug 3 1974. So, though it may be unlikely that he was in Vegas in June of 71, it's totally not impossible. Just keeping options open.

While the girl on the bike looks quite similar to Perron, I don't think it's her. I just posted it for Sleuster, who brought Perron up on a different thread. It does look to me that there is a slight gap in her teeth, though the picture is not very good. The reason I don't think it's Perron is her forehead. Much shorter forehead on the girl in the Alcala photo.

Also, I wanted to bring this up, it appears from the time line that when he first started his killing sprees, just about every time he committed a crime, he took off and went somewhere far away from where he committed the crime. Also changed his hair style, etc. So I was wondering if we're looking for other potential victims, should we be looking at opposite ends of the US after a known murder? He apparently became more brazen toward the end of his murdering when he killed Jill Parenteau June 14 in Burbank and then Robin Samsoe June 20, in Huntington Beach. This was less than a week a part. So, is it true that serial killers such as Alcala do increase their killings to satisfy whatever need they have to do this? If that's so, then there is a very large gap between December 16 1977 when he killed Georgia Wixted in Malibu and when he killed Charlotte Lamb in El Segundo June 24, 1978. It is known that he was traveling around then, he vacationed the end of February (26th through the 28th) 1978 in Las Vegas. This makes me wonder if there was a murder of someone just prior to February of 1978 or someone gone missing from where ever he was at the time (unknown, but guessing he was still in the LA area) and he was vacationing to flee the scene once again. There is also a very large gap between when he killed Charlotte Lamb June 24 78 and when he killed Jill Parenteau June 14, 79. He was arrested Feb 13, 79 and released on bail, but other than that, we have no idea where he was between June 24 78 and that February 79 arrest. Just thinking out loud.

Marcia Estelle Remick ?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/227dfva.html

I am still new at "Paint" etc.
I tried to blow up the first and last pic's to show the jawline similarities and what may be similar looking teeth but I obviously still need more practice.

If somebody else would do that so they are the same size faces and enlarge the pics and place them side by side I sure would appreciate it. :)
I'll keep practicing. :)

Attachments

• FireShot capture #039 - '00193_jpg (JPEG Image, 2079x2048 pixels) - Scaled (37%)' - cnnnancygrac.png
    FireShot capture #039 - '00193_jpg (JPEG Image, 2079x2048 pixels) - Scaled (37%)' - cnnnancygrac.png
    459.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Alcala - girl on bike.jpg
    Alcala - girl on bike.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 9
  • MERemick.jpg
    MERemick.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 10
Wild Huncher, Thank you so much.

Now that they are enlarged they don't look so much alike.
Their jaw line across the front bottom does seem square on both but I can't be sure.

The thing that was bugging me is that they both appear to wear bands on their teeth. Either that or one has gum maybe?

I do note that the girl on the right has a much longer left earlobe but wonder if it could be from a much heavier weight earring.

Eye brows different (plucking?)
Hair line different.

Thanks again for the help, truly.

Wild Huncher, Thank you so much.

Now that they are enlarged they don't look so much alike.
Their jaw line across the front bottom does seem square on both but I can't be sure.

The thing that was bugging me is that they both appear to wear bands on their teeth. Either that or one has gum maybe?

I do note that the girl on the right has a much longer left earlobe but wonder if it could be from a much heavier weight earring.

Eye brows different (plucking?)
Hair line different.

Thanks again for the help, truly.

The hairline looks lower on Bike Girl, and Remick may not have a gap in her front teeth. Bike girl looks to be a ginger. Her eyes look very blue and her hair is reddish. Remick is described as brown-haired and green-eyed.

The timeline is an awkward match. Alcala has to get released on bond from rape charges in California in February, do an East Coast trip, abduct Remick in VA Beach on June 9, 1979, then murder Parenteau back in California later the same month.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back