GUILTY NY - Jenni-Lyn Watson, 20, Clay, 19 Nov 2010

I went to Liverpool as well, albeit a long time ago, but I never saw that district as "coddling" either. I think it is a very competitive school. I do think there is a lot of coddling going on these days though and I do think that it messes with the maturity factor of our children. More consequence and less excuses are needed.

If he is found guilty, I hope that he is punished as severely as the law will allow.

So SP is responsible for the "mystery truck" theory? Of course. I should've known.

Jenni-Lyn, I'm so sorry this happened to you. :(

Boy this sounds remarkedly similar to anotherSP(Scott Peterson). Didn't he try to go with a truck was seen with strange people pulling Laci in? I think thats why I was so focused on footware and outerware because if she had left her house alive,she would have had something on. What threw me off was no signs of struggle. Did he just come up behind her and strangle her or something? I can't believe she wouldn't have fought him hard if he didn't take her by surprise. Nothing has been said about any scratches or anything on him has there?

My heart goes out to Jenni's family and friends. How sad that in the 21st century women are still considered property.

Jenni-Lyn, I have thought about you all weekend while I was away from websleuths and prayed that you would be found safe.

I am so sad you are not safe. That someone took your life.

there is no excuse. you should be dancing.

you should be dancing.

Jenni-Lyn, I hope you're dancing in heaven. You will be so missed, by so many people.

:rose:

Except for the seemingly possessive messages that someone left on her Myspace in 2009 (which may be from him). There were 2 in a row that sounded like whomever was upset that she came home (presumably from college?) and didn't call them. That would fit with the "on again, off again" nature of their relationship mentioned in MSM (by LE, I think).

Poor Jenni-Lyn. :( Certainly not the first person to ignore warning flags, if that was the case.

I saw that too..but did not want to make it sound like she should have known better or anything like that...even if she knew he was a jerk, knew he was jealous, etc...no one ever expects to be murdered and she may have thought she could handle him...it would be perfectly normal to think that, if they did not have a history of physical violence between them.

I'm 18 so I'm right around Jenni Lyn and Steven's age. I just graduated from high school and I did not have the experience of being coddled by my school district at all. We had sports teams in middle school and high school and they all made cuts except for Track and Cross Country. We also have an Awards night every year for the seniors and only about 30/450 seniors get awards. In middle school, we all had to go to an assembly where they announced who got honor roll and in high school, they would give us certificates in homeroom and have a big list in the hallway of student's names who made the list. I would say that my experience in the public school system is pretty normal and the ones where everyone makes the team, there are no scores kept in games, etc is not. I think the media tends to exaggerate with this whole, "Everyone in the school gets an A!" just to get people riled up.

I'm referring to parents rather than school districts. But thanks for the input. Hopefully, you're prepared to deal with the real world!

Jenni-Lyn, I have thought about you all weekend while I was away from websleuths and prayed that you would be found safe.

I am so sad you are not safe. That someone took your life.

there is no excuse. you should be dancing.

you should be dancing.

There is no excuse. I get so frustrated trying to understand why another young person has lost her life for no reason. When someone is that unhappy with their own life, why do they have to ruin somebody's else's life. Just pure selfishness/anger that some people can't control and let loose on others. :furious:

ex-boyfriend had claimed he saw her leaving her home and getting into a dark-colored truck with an older man.

Wow ! I wondered if he had done something like that. LE did a beautiful job knocking that potential defense out of the case.

Is that an admission that he was spying on his ex ? Or did he claim that he never saw Jenni-Lyn on Fri because she went off with the older man just as he was arriving ?

Thank you for sharing that info.

I think it is a mixture of things.

One thing for sure, we really really need to push for ways to protect women and children. I am so angry!!! :furious:

Rest in Peace sweet Jenni-Lyn.
Oh, Kimster...thanks for saying that. I've been furious all night...so unbelievably senseless.

I know this is off topic and isn't adding much to this conversation but I am SO SICK of women & girls being murdered.I am not really a "gun person" at all but this makes me feel like every female should be armed with a loaded handgun and actually use it for protection, that feels like the only way this will stop.

gosh, he looks like any college student to me

RIP beautiful Jenni-Lyn

RIP sweet Jenni Lyn. I am so sorry this happened to you. Dance with the angels!

wm

As I posted earlier in this thread, he was arrested for petit larceny in August of 2010..

Cwiz- Can you tell me how you located that info ? Several news outlets have said they saw it in the Post Standard archives but I have searched every way I can think of and I can't the original mention of it?

Thanks

Cwiz- Can you tell me how you located that info ? Several news outlets have said they saw it in the Post Standard archives but I have searched every way I can think of and I can't the original mention of it?

Thanks

Go to Google and try this search, exactly:

"Jenni-Lyn" larceny

One of the top results will be the Post-Standard article that mentions the larceny charge (where, and when). CLICK HERE to read the article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back