All Texas Equusearch-Related Filings #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bothers me even further now is that it appears the defense has used up its allowable billing hours for in-state private investigators. So are all these PIs also working pro bono?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5841865&postcount=109"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Invoice for the Defense for Work Performed[/ame]

bbm 1
Now I am curious about the personal visit by the PI since you both DID NOT search near Suburban.
If your husband answered NO to searching in the Suburband drive area then that should have been the end of it.
bbm 2
But if he was asked if he would be willing to speak with them then, IMO, he gave them permission to come and visit him at home.

Below is an excerpt for the Joint Stipulation Order by Judge Perry

C. That the Defense shall be permitted to have its representative(s) conduct a review of all searcher files. Any individuals who are contained in the various searcher files may be permitted to be telephoned but only in front of the TES representative, its counsel and the Magistratefor the sole purpose of asking the searcher:

Were you involved in any search, involving or not involving TES, in the Suburban Drive area?

If the answer is in the negative, then no further questions will be asked and the call terminated.

If the answer is in the positive, then the following questions will be permitted to be asked:

1. If such a search occurred, when did the search occur,
2. If such a search occurred, was it a part of TES or done independently,
3. If such a search occurred, who was involved in the search with them,
4. If such a search occurred, an inquiry would be made as to what was observed and what occurred during the search at or near the Suburban Drive area.

D. In the event after the above questions are asked, the Defense determines that further investigation or questioning is appropriate, then the search field activity form of the identified searcher shall be released to the Defense so they may conduct their further investigation as they may deem appropriate.
Well, I wasn't aware of any of those rules. Honestly, I'm not sure exactly what was said. We aren't from that area however, I'm pretty sure he knew Suburban from the other areas we searched.
Now I'm disturbed by this. He showed up just a couple days later, unannounced. I don't think I'll post on this publicly anymore.

Well, I wasn't aware of any of those rules. Honestly, I'm not sure exactly what was said. We aren't from that area however, I'm pretty sure he knew Suburban from the other areas we searched.
Now I'm disturbed by this. He showed up just a couple days later, unannounced. I don't think I'll post on this publicly anymore.

I totally understand!

I will have to disagree with you on that one. I think anyone who has tried to insert themselves into this case by lying should be charged. They are only dragging this out longer than need be and costing much more money than needed. If they have something legitimate, speak up. If not, stay out of it. jmo
Of course! But, you're level-headed...not all folks are hot-wired the same way. KWIM

Sorry RR, but I adamantly disagree with your last 'hope'.

LB deserves every charge the State can slam against her considering what she has done. She outright lied in a major way in the case of a murdered baby, not counting her attempt to intimidate another witness in the case as well as falsifying a TES document. This isn't a case of petty theft, this is a DP case and there was no excuse whatsoever for her to lie. Her friendship with Cindy Anthony only compounds the issue that she should be charged for her crimes. This is why we work so hard to make laws; let her be an example to all that tampering with, and injecting yourself in a Capital murder case doesn't fly.
Then...we might have to add JW to the bunch as well. I don't know this woman from Adam, but what I've seen of her "online" presence leads me to believe that they may have been cut from the same cloth. Doesn't make what she did right, just want her to go away. This circus has gone on long enough.

bbm
I will assume that your husband had received a telephone call from the Defense recently?
Did your husband search the Suburban Drive area?

The Order by Judge Perry said the Defense could further investigate a TES volunteer,(depending on the answers to the questions from the phone call) as they deemed necessary..and so PI Lyons was sent out.
Geez, I hope somebody will remember to get a picture of him!

bbm 1
Here is a link to the Order for you to read so you are aware of what the Defense was granted by the Judge in regards to TES searchers.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...cuments in Possession of Texas Equusearch.pdf

bbm 2
I don't blame you Fay.

You, or I should say your husband, is not alone.

There have been other TES searchers (who are also WS members) who have been called and some have also received visits from the PI.
They have posted their experiences in this thread starting on or around page 50 if you wish to read what they had to say.

I didn't say I believed it, I was just wondering why it hadn't shown up here yet.

I always enjoy your posts. I know you didn't just fall off the turnip truck. What I do not know is how any news reporter could run with that headline.

The reporter should have asked what happened to the remaining 130 you had last week of Mr. Mason. I was commenting on how ridiculous the defense is with this nonsense, not at all about you friend!!!!!!

To answer your question, I can only speak for myself, when I read that headline, I just rolled my eyes and laughed. Aloud.

As I refresh my memory and review the Motion in Limine to Introduce Prior bad acts.....I am struck by a few particular statements made by the defense......
My comments in red.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/High-Profile-Cases/Anthony/Downloads/Motion%20in%20Limine%20to%20Introduce%20Prior%20Bad%20Acts%20and%20Other%20Circumstantial%20Evidence%20Pertaining%20to%20Roy%20M%20%20Kronk%2011-18-2009.pdf

pg 25 of 40
The Money Motive
"that Mr. Kronk may have been involved at least in the moving of the remains to the location where they were ultimately found."

This reminds me about how the Anthony's "delayed" bonding KC out. Additionally, I recall the "slip" where Cindy stated if the remains were found while KC was in jail that would prove someone else did it. It is interesting that the defense holds firm to the remains having been moved....yet they instructed Dominic NOT to call 911 if he found anything. IMO it is a simple tie in to Dominic's invisi act, non payment by the Baez firm for services rendered, and prayers that touch DNA will show ANYONE else but KC.

pg 25
"they could have picked up on the indications of Mr. Kronk's monetary interest in being right about the location of the remains of Caylee Anthony."
Is that kind of like the photo deal to sell the pics of Caylee in the Big Trouble t-shirt????? Which "COINCIDENTALLY" was the one found with the remains.

pg 28
"Kronk's statement to his son exposes him to a liability for , at a minimum, obstructing an investigation and misleading investigators."
Like statements made by GA and CA thus far that have been shown as "incorrect"??? Remember Cindy's comment.... "A liar does not make a murderer."

pg 37
"Mr. Kronk gave inconsistent and conflicting answers when questioned about, among other things..."
Like the name of Caylee's birth father??? Her job at Universal??? Her blackjack????? Her nanny????

pg 38
"chosen villain"
Now suspects are villains?????

If you have 32 plus people who were actually assigned to Surburban Drive who say there was water in that area where the remains were found and CM is saying he has maybe 10 to 12 people who were not assigned who may or may not be able to say there was water there......seems to me they are waiting on background checks for these people. At this point if someone said they checked out that exact area and their were no remains at that time there would have been a press conference. If anyone had a smiggen of info they'd have a written statement from them on the 6pm news. They're still fishing. jmo

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4794701&postcount=197"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Legal Questions for Our VERIFIED Lawyers[/ame]

We heard this from the judge too, no one has to speak to these PI s if they do not wish to, unless it is in a depo or at trial. You certainly do not have to invite them in if they show up on your door step.

The truly ridiculous thing about the TES mess Baez and the Defense have created - is they forget one major point which I believe the SA will blast them for at trial.

Tim Miller and his searchers WANTED DESPERATELY to find Caylee's remains. This wasn't anyone trying to hide anything or cover anything up. Tim and his people were NOT there against ICA, they were there FOR Caylee and nothing would have made them happier than to bring her remains home like he has done so many times before. Tim does not have an agenda - ( unlike DC) there was nothing in it for him to say there was water where she was found. He didn't want water there. TES spent thousands of their own dollars doing that search. What other motive would/could Tim have to call off the search but standing water at the site?

It's not as if he was some unknown yahoo out there with a crew looking for a little publicity and glory. :banghead: :furious::furious::furious:

If you do not have information for defense you tell them so, no I was not on Surburban and no I don't have information for you....we are done. Then you shut the door. jmo

The truly ridiculous thing about the TES mess Baez and the Defense have created - is they forget one major point which I believe the SA will blast them for at trial.

Tim Miller and his searchers WANTED DESPERATELY to find Caylee's remains. This wasn't anyone trying to hide anything or cover anything up. Tim and his people were NOT there against ICA, they were there FOR Caylee and nothing would have made them happier than to bring her remains home like he has done so many times before. Tim does not have an agenda - ( unlike DC) there was nothing in it for him to say there was water where she was found. He didn't want water there. TES spent thousands of their own dollars doing that search. What other motive would/could Tim have to call off the search but standing water at the site?

It's not as if he was some unknown yahoo out there with a crew looking for a little publicity and glory. :banghead: :furious::furious::furious:

Good post. Not like they set up a tent with a donation jar and then did nothing.

Murder Docket Updated 2:

12/01/2010 Motion for Additional Hours of Investigation

Great post, logicalgirl, ITA! I think the defense is treading on seriously thin ice with the whole TES fiasco. They're forgetting how this will all play out in front of a jury. Wait until the prosecution starts asking Tim how and why he got started in searches, how and why he founded TES and dedicated his entire life to finding missing people, and how the family and casey are unlike anyone he's ever encountered who was legitimately looking for a loved one. Tim Miller is "The Good Guy". You never attack the good guy. It will only make casey look worse, if that's possible.

New Casey Witnesses Come With Doubt, Cost
Defense Team Uses Up Investigative Hours Finding New 'Key' Witnesses

http://www.wesh.com/r/25977055/detail.html

Video Report:
http://www.wesh.com/video/25977110/detail.html

<snipped>

""I highly doubt he found anybody who was in that exact spot and until he presents a witness list under oath, I'm very questionable of anything he claims," Hornsby said.

Mason said he plans to present the new witness list to Perry on Friday."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member