CANADA Canada - Sarabjit Johal, 21, Surrey, BC, 28 Nov 2010

Hazel

Reaction score
Missing B.C. newlywed's car found
By: ctvbc.ca
Date: Monday Dec. 6, 2010 6:03 PM PT

The car of missing B.C. newlywed Sarabjit Johal has been found in New Westminster.

Johal, 21, was last seen driving away from her Surrey home at 3:30 a.m. on Nov. 28 in her 1992 Toyota Camry.

The car was discovered late Saturday, Surrey RCMP say. Sources tell CTV News the car was found on Colombia Street in the downtown core of the city. It is not known how long it was there before authorities were notified.

The vehicle has now been towed for forensic examination.
Johal's coworkers say her disappearance is very out of character, and her family has put up a $10,000 reward for any information that will lead to her whereabouts.

Last week, her husband Malkit Johal told reporters he thought his wife was somewhere in Surrey because she's not familiar with roads outside of the city.

His grandmother says the night Sarabjit disappeared she went to get something from her car and said she would be right back. She took her keys and put on a green jacket but never came back.

VIDEO and more info at link ... http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101206/bc_johal_car_101206/20101206?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

$10,000 reward in newlywed's disappearance
Date: Friday Dec. 3, 2010 12:59 PM PT
Her husband, Malkit Johal, told CTV News he realized she was gone when he came home from work early Sunday morning.

"I don't know why she leave the house," he said.
A neighbour, Cory, says he told police about a car he heard early Sunday morning making a lot of noise.

"At first I thought an alarm was going off. I wasn't sure what was going on. It sounded like he was peeling off, just taking off, laying on the horn at someone," he said.

Sarabjit, who works as a cleaner at Chocolate Works in Coquitlam, is described by coworkers as reliable and friendly.

Her boss, Ingrid Sheere, said one of her family members called to see if she had arrived for work on Monday morning. She hadn't.
The couple has been married less than a year. Sarbjit came to Canada three years ago and her husband a year later. It is an arranged marriage.

respectfully snipped, bolded, underlined, coloured by me.

VIDEO and more at link ... http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101203/bc_johal_reward_101203/20101203?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

Sarabjit Johal, 21
20101130170735.jpg

Her husband, Malkit Johal, told CTV News he realized she was gone when he came home from work early Sunday morning.

A neighbour, Cory, says he told police about a car he heard early Sunday morning making a lot of noise.

"At first I thought an alarm was going off. I wasn't sure what was going on. It sounded like he was peeling off, just taking off, laying on the horn at someone," he said.

Sarabjit, who works as a cleaner at Chocolate Works in Coquitlam, is described by coworkers as reliable and friendly.

Her boss, Ingrid Sheere, said one of her family members called to see if she had arrived for work on Monday morning. She hadn't.
The couple has been married less than a year. Sarbjit came to Canada three years ago and her husband a year later. It is an arranged marriage.

VIDEO and more at link ... http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101203/bc_johal_reward_101203/20101203?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

Missing B.C. newlywed's car found
Date: Monday Dec. 6, 2010 6:03 PM PT

The car of missing B.C. newlywed Sarabjit Johal has been found in New Westminster.

Johal, 21, was last seen driving away from her Surrey home at 3:30 a.m. on Nov. 28 in her 1992 Toyota Camry.

The car was discovered late Saturday, Surrey RCMP say. Sources tell CTV News the car was found on Colombia Street in the downtown core of the city. It is not known how long it was there before authorities were notified.

The vehicle has now been towed for forensic examination.
Johal's coworkers say her disappearance is very out of character, and her family has put up a $10,000 reward for any information that will lead to her whereabouts.

Last week, her husband Malkit Johal told reporters he thought his wife was somewhere in Surrey because she's not familiar with roads outside of the city.

His grandmother says the night Sarabjit disappeared she went to get something from her car and said she would be right back. She took her keys and put on a green jacket but never came back.

VIDEO and more info at link ... http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101206/bc_johal_car_101206/20101206?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

VIDEO and more at link ... http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...eward_101203/20101203?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

From the above link:

His grandmother says the night Sarabjit disappeared she went to get something from her car and said she would be right back. She took her keys and put on a green jacket but never came back

Does this mean his grandmother is living with the couple? It sounds like it based on the above. And she went missing when her husband was at work?

The report of the car peeling away while someone was laying on the horn is of concern. Perhaps she was kidnapped while someone was trying to steal the car? If so why dump the car? Why not just let her out somewhere and continue on with the car since the car has reportedly been found?

I wonder if she was unhappy and decided to leave the marriage deliberately making all that noise to make it appear as if she was taken unwillingly.. and then ditched the car herself.

I hope LE is looking into phone records or computer records. Perhaps they might lead to some clues if she left willingly. If not, I hope the car leads to some forensics which might help.

Praying Sarabjit is found safely soon.

Does this mean his grandmother is living with the couple? It sounds like it based on the above. And she went missing when her husband was at work?

The report of the car peeling away while someone was laying on the horn is of concern. Perhaps she was kidnapped while someone was trying to steal the car? If so why dump the car? Why not just let her out somewhere and continue on with the car since the car has reportedly been found?

I wonder if she was unhappy and decided to leave the marriage deliberately making all that noise to make it appear as if she was taken unwillingly.. and then ditched the car herself.

I hope LE is looking into phone records or computer records. Perhaps they might lead to some clues if she left willingly. If not, I hope the car leads to some forensics which might help.

Praying Sarabjit is found safely soon.

She went missing at 3:30 am Sunday, while he was at work ... just the time of day is bizarre, and makes me wonder what were Sarabjit and his grandmother (or is it his mother?) doing up at that time.

IMO, I don't think anyone was trying to steal the 1992 car. Would that mean he took the bus to work? :waitasec: hard to think they have 2 vehicles; according to the article they arrived to Canada not long ago

ETA: In this article, it says the couple lives with "his" parents:
Johal, a newlywed who lives in a house with her husband, Malkit Johal, and his parents near 126th Street and 91st A Avenue in Surrey, was wearing a pink T-shirt, green jacket and white pyjama bottoms when she was last seen.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Missing+woman+found+West/3937583/story.html#ixzz17RozRncC

hm

wonder what kind of job the husband has & if he's able to slip away unnoticed ...

and yes Hazel, I agree - what was his grandmother doing awake at that time and what did Sarabjit need out of the car at 3:30 a.m. that she couldn't retrieve later?

SPECULATION: I wonder if the husband worked 'till 3 and Sarabjit was to pick him up - was late & that was the squealing noise neighbours heard as she rushed off to get him ... and then something violent happened ...

It doesn't say whether Sarabjit took any of her belongings with her does it?

I can't help but wonder if perhaps Sarabjit somehow work grandma and then told her she had to retrieve something from the car.

Sarabjit Johal
Missing-Indo-woman-vehicle-located.jpg
Sunday, December 12th, 2010
SURREY – While the vehicle of the missing Indo-Canadian woman has been located by the Surrey RCMP, police say there are still no signs of Sarabjit Johal who went missing on the early morning of Sunday Nov. 28.
more at link: http://thelinkpaper.ca/?p=2302

A lot of unanswered question. What did she need so badly out of her car at 3:30 AM? Maybe I am a big chicken but I'd probably be too scared to even go out to my car alone at that hour. Who knows who is lurking out there. But just the fact that she left the home willingly, maybe she ran away? I hope that she is all right!

My hinky meter is going off.

This has similarities to the Poonam Litt case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101173&highlight=poonam

- south asian wife disappears (where would she go?)
- lives with husband's extended family (which is quite common)
- husband is away at the reported time of disappearance
- odd circumstances (3:30 a.m. to go out to your car? -- in the case of Poonam she left all of her personal id, etc. at home even though she normally took them to work)
- female member of extended family says they saw them leave.

I sincerely hope that Sarabjit simply felt unhappy with her new extended family or met someone and ran off.

Jan. 14, 2011
A Surrey RCMP spokesperson told the Asian Journal this week that there is a possibility that Sarabjit Johal, 21, of Surrey who has been missing since November 28, could have been committed suicide.
However, he stressed that this is still an active missing person case.
She is 5'6" tall, 146 lbs, South Asian with long brown hair likely tied back in a ponytail.

She was wearing a pink T-shirt, green jacket, and white pajama bottoms with green shading.

If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Johal or her vehicle, contact the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502 or your local police.
http://www.asianjournal.ca/jan%2014_11/ot_head2.html

Post #1 on this thread says her car was found, but post #12 asks for information about the whereabouts of her vehicle...:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back