GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should contact the police about the news in that area not running that stuff!! How is that it even legal?

I was wondering where the pics of Brittany and her Mom were taken that were at the beach? Va. Beach would be cold now. Lots of young people love Myrtle Beach. I know for a fact that Hilton Head Island has many condos that have to be vacant right now. Almost all areas would be cold now, but could be that Brittany would want to go where she had some good memories and she was familiar with.

Someone mentioned the older retired people in Florida. The Villages is a great example. The people in that area would not hesitate to help a very young girl in distress, and then this monster pop out on them. Just thoughts and opinions.

It is cold and dark outside and I worry about Brittany more at night. I do not know her, but want to know that she is warm and not hungry. Brittany may have tried to seem older than she was on Facebook and MS, but she is still just a little girl that will eventually want her Mommy. That breakdown is coming if it hasn't already. My heart is breaking for her.

I am praying that Brittany is located safe and sound. I do hope this monster has not broken her spirit. Her family seems to love her very much and would give her mountains of support if she can just be returned to them.

Prayers for Brittany and her family.

Ohh yes. it is very cold here right now. I live in hampton..which isnt too far from VA beach. I doubt theyre around this area.

You should contact the police about the news in that area not running that stuff!! How is that it even legal?

I'm assuming that because it happened in VA and no AA...er...missing/endangered alert has been issued, they don't see the point. If it doesn't get AA status, no one will pay attention. If this was THEIR child, though, they'd be screaming at everyone and contacting anyone they could to get the story out. I guess that's what p***es me the most is the lack of caring and concern.

And there are foreclosed homes all around. OMG they can be anywhere.

OH DEAR GOD! One of the news people just said, "She is too old for an Amber Alert."

REALLY?! I mean, REALLY?!

That has to be one of the most ignorant statements - by a news anchor no less! - that I've heard in a long time.

At 12, I am sure she wants to go home now..........holidays.
If they run into a mall to watch TV and get warm, somone has to see them.
I feel in my gut that JE is listening to the news but not let Brittany see the news.
If Brittany sees the news, she will hear about her mom, funeral and aunts begging for her return and be a problem 'child' to JE.
If she becomes a 'problem'....JE will either dump, beat her up, or kill the problem.
JE has a rage problem. JMOO

If JE listens to news then he may go to states NOT looking for them........
so maybe some states are staying low so LE will be looking for them also in states NOT
advertising to BOLO. JMOO

If JE listens to news then he may go to states NOT looking for them........
so maybe some states are staying low so LE will be looking for them also in states NOT
advertising to BOLO. JMOO

He should come to Ohio then, apparently.

That reporter should chat with these two girls who were 16 and 17 when they were rescued because of an Amber Alert. Good thing no one knew they were too old for the service.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/072204/met_16161824.shtml

Tamara Brooks remembers the front seat of the Ford Bronco jolting from the bullets as California officials opened fire at the man who kidnapped her and another teen. Brooks, 16, and Jacqueline Marris, 17, were abducted at gunpoint from separate cars at a teen hangout in Lancaster in the summer of 2002.
Paroled felon Roy Ratliff duct-taped their mouths shut and led authorities on a 12-hour manhunt in the stolen Bronco with the girls in the back. He was shot to death after the Southwest was warned of the kidnapping by California's first Amber Alert, in what Brooks called "mass cooperation" between law enforcement agencies, the media and community.
Tamara Brooks,17, and her mother, Sharon Brooks, answer questions about Tamara's abduction in California in 2002 during a law enforcement conference in Ponte Vedra Beach. BOB MACK/The Times-Union
"Because of those partnerships, Jackie and I survived," Brooks said. "We are alive."

I'm surprised that PA isn't one of the states that are under the amber alert!

I wonder if Brittany would get a chance to go into a public ladies room in a restaurant, where there might be another person...and either ask for help or leave a note or something...

Sadly, I'm one of the few that think Brittany already knows about her mom.

Another WS'er and I are live chatting with Cincinnati news people right now...and they're completely ignoring our requests on a story...not even acknowledging our comments.

OMG - that stunk! They were telling us Brittany is too old for an amber alert in Ohio. Tried to tell us that she would only be listed as Endangered missing. Uggggggg. Then Mahoneys (I think she is member here too) gave them the law and they ignored us.
One of the staff said that she would pass it on to the producers - so we will see........ uggggg, we tried!

this was in our local news, http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/08/cow-brutally-killed-botetourt-ar-703681/

If you read the article, the animal was killed but only about $35 worth of meat taken from the dead carcass.

This is near the National Forest which allows camping throughout the forest.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if they are in the forest camping and hungry.... he could have driven down at night and stole that cow and taken just what they needed.

all conjecture of course. moo

This theory can be put to rest...note the date, but is mirrors the one that occurred this week.

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2009/may/01/botetourt_co_sheriffs_office_seeks_information_ab-ar-378539/

Quote: "An animal control officer went to a farm on Prices Bluff Road the morning of April 17, 2009. The officer found a white cow that was shot in the head. Part of its carcass was removed."

I gave them the law, as well, and that's when she told me that they don't want to overuse the Amber Alert so kids 12-17 would be listed as missing/endangered. Ummm, hi...Jean Berlinghoff is 15 and even though it was horribly delayed, she got an AA. And shortly after they found the car...though nothing else.

OMG - that stunk! They were telling us Brittany is too old for an amber alert in Ohio. Tried to tell us that she would only be listed as Endangered missing. Uggggggg. Then Mahoneys (I think she is member here too) gave them the law and they ignored us.
One of the staff said that she would pass it on to the producers - so we will see........ uggggg, we tried!

Hey News Junkie .Yeah I had to leave I was about to become IRATE.......I sure hope they don't have kids over 12 *sighs*

I'm calling it a night guys. Praying that tomorrow is the day Brittany is found safe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw