Art Harris: Misty is claiming that Haleigh is alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone.. this is my first time posting.. although i've been reading here since the early caylee days.. when i read the letters from misty i was floored.. i really can't believe after all this time, she would come out and say that she believes haleigh is alive. i really question what is going thru her mind!!

and i agree with those who think misty only wrote the cover letter. the other letters weren't her at all

Welcome! Glad you decided to post.

Ok, seems it is a given someone helped Misty, but by doing so...who benefited in the new story (letters), in which Misty claimed to be an addict and Donna gave the pills to her? Not to be a poll but...just thoughts going through my mind:

1. Misty looking for a lesser sentence?
2. Did Donna somehow put things up...might make her look good...if Misty is an addict & she helped out a friend...unknowingly Misty would sell. (I know GMAB)
3. Cummings...could they be an influence? Her bio (can't use the word "mother") says Ron was the only one she was afraid of.
4. Misty is just is covering for Tommy?
5. Misty is just Evil?
6. Is there anyone else that would write letters for Misty (that she seemed to sign)?

If I wasn't already discussed with this case, I certainly am now!!!!!!!!! My hope is lost at this moment. Please add to what I have missed.

Did I dream this or didn't Teresa Neves in the last few months come out and say that she believes that Haleigh is alive? Maybe the two of them are trying the "Cindy Anthony" act.

Pretty magical how the spelling, punctuation and handwriting is perfect in the poem and letter and the cover letter is vintage Misty. Why oh Why. Someone wants Misty to preach that Haleigh is alive, that seems pretty obvious.

Merry Christmas to all!

We all know the Cummings Clan want it preached she is still alive...
Chelsey has already stated Haleigh is deceased... She said so when she claimed Ronald Cummings knew his daughter was deceased when that 911 call was made...
Tommy has basically stated she is deceased too....
And we all know Crystal S and her family want to believe Haleigh is still alive, but I doubt any of them are in communication with Misty to try to inluence her to say Haleigh is alive......
So my guess is.... Misty is still being influenced by someone in the Cummings clan...

This was mentioned on JVM tonight and I have to say for the most part it was handled OK. On a positive note, the mention was brief. One thing that bugged me a little was JVM's lead-in. She called the letters (shouting, of course), "A stunning new twist in the Haleigh Cummings case." One thing I found a bit strange was it wasn't mentioned that Misty did not pen the letters. Unless it was said real quick and I missed it.

Seems to me the only newsworthy part of this is that Misty herself did not write the letters.

Yep, don't be surprised when we get to see what Teresa Neves reaction is to this "bombshell" or "shocking twist" as JVM says.

Could you use another browser?

thanks for the welcome :)

personally, i don't think those letters have anything to do with the cummings influence on misty. while i do think she has been under their influence, i would be surprised if misty and theresa were in on those letters together.

i think misty is trying to sway us from the thought that haleigh was murdered. she knows her last sentencing didn't go as she had hoped & i think she is putting it out there that haleigh is still alive so she shouldn't be convicted for drug traffiking on the premise that haleigh might have been murdered.

Art Harris claims Misty is saying that Haleigh is alive. He really has provided some doozies in this case. I think he likes face time on NG and that's that. I really am tired of all the propaganda in this case. IMO the letters are not written by Misty and with some good investigative journalism that would have been clear...

Misty claiming lil Haleigh is alive .... this should make TN very happy after all that's what she thinks as well. On the other hand, TN should be very angry to know Misty is trying to profit off lil Haleigh thru these letters!

Personally, I think Misty only wrote the one to Grandma Flo and her aunt ... the others were for profit and im sure there will be someone at least one person in the real world who will send Misty money. Nothing would surprise me, timing is everything.

God Bless You lil Haleigh.

thanks for the welcome :)

personally, i don't think those letters have anything to do with the cummings influence on misty. while i do think she has been under their influence, i would be surprised if misty and theresa were in on those letters together.

i think misty is trying to sway us from the thought that haleigh was murdered. she knows her last sentencing didn't go as she had hoped & i think she is putting it out there that haleigh is still alive so she shouldn't be convicted for drug traffiking on the premise that haleigh might have been murdered.

I think you're absolutely right. She's a manipulator and this is just part of her game.

IMO, Hope was behind those letters.

The detail about Haleigh's clothing sounds like someone who knew her. The person describes Haleigh's clothing including Haleigh's cute little hat. I have never heard mention of Haleigh and hats.

Hope is also a person whose life changed that night. Hope, who idolizes her cousin Ron, who thought she was going to get a slap on the hand, who can relate to Misty's personal experiences in a way that some may think Misty was writing the letters. Hope is the perfect person to "pretend" to be Misty. Pretend to be Misty to protect Ronald by destroying Misty's credibilty BEFORE she goes to court.

The one thing that made me think it was Hope was the part that said:

"Everyone sees me smiling when my heart is filled with tears."

The only ones who smiled in court were the Cummings. Misty, Tommy and Donna NEVER smiled in court. They were not defiant. They were scared. But Ronald and Hope always treated court like a joke. Well, Hope did UNTIL she was sentenced. Then the smile disappeard and the tears came.

IMO, that is where she messed up. Hope would have no idea that unlike her, Misty never smiled in court. Hope thought Misty would feel like she did. However, Hope forgot that the Croslins' experiences in Court were different than the Cummins. The Croslins would never smile in court because they never got off. The Cummings smile in Court because until this time, they always got off.

IMO, Hope was behind those letters.

The detail about Haleigh's clothing sounds like someone who knew her. The person describes Haleigh's clothing including Haleigh's cute little hat. I have never heard mention of Haleigh and hats.

Hope is also a person whose life changed that night. Hope, who idolizes her cousin Ron, who thought she was going to get a slap on the hand, who can relate to Misty's personal experiences in a way that some may think Misty was writing the letters. Hope is the perfect person to "pretend" to be Misty. Pretend to be Misty to protect Ronald by destroying Misty's credibilty BEFORE she goes to court.

The one thing that made me think it was Hope was the part that said:

"Everyone sees me smiling when my heart is filled with tears."

The only ones who smiled in court were the Cummings. Misty, Tommy and Donna NEVER smiled in court. They were not defiant. They were scared. But Ronald and Hope always treated court like a joke. Well, Hope did UNTIL she was sentenced. Then the smile disappeard and the tears came.

IMO, that is where she messed up. Hope would have no idea that unlike her, Misty never smiled in court. Hope thought Misty would feel like she did. However, Hope forgot that the Croslins' experiences in Court were different than the Cummins. The Croslins would never smile in court because they never got off. The Cummings smile in Court because until this time, they always got off.

Very interesting post, Chump. I would agree with every word except for the problem I have with how they would contact each other.

Could Hope write the poems and somehow get them to Misty to sign? I wonder how that works in prison...getting things to other inmates, I mean.

They are not housed together. I am quite sure they would never see each other out in the yard. Not positive, but almost.

Hope is in the C.I., and Misty is in the Annex. I think the yards are separate. But again, I am not positive about that. Also, they are under different supervision status. Hope is Medium security and Misty is Close security. Where I live, such inmates would never have direct contact. Maybe it's different in Florida?

I don't think Misty could even have read those letters that someone else wrote. I believe she did sign them, though. Maybe before she signed, someone read them to her. "Cover letter" leads me to believe all were mailed to Flo in one envelope but we really don't know for sure, do we? Meaning, could someone other than Misty not only have written them, but also mailed them separately from the one Misty wrote?

Donna is housed in the same complex as Misty. However, it's another situation of different custody levels and I'm not sure they would ever have direct contact based just on that. I believe they would be housed in different sections even if in the same complex.

JMO, of course.

chump and krkrjx, you both express the same feeling I get with the new Art Harris story. We don't know if those pages all came from the same envelope and as for the pages clearly written by someone else and supposedly signed by misty, I think it would be easy for the writer of those pages to have then forged a very believable misty signature. I agree that Hope, Misty and Donna have no physical contact with each other however jails have rumor mills, I'm not exactly sure what transpired here

Personally I do not think that Misty wrote nor signed the letters. I do think she wrote the cover letter.

I noticed differences in the "Misty" signatures. The "M" looks like a mirror image from the cover letter and the "y"s are distinctive on that cover letter but is very weak on the other.
These are just a few differences I noticed - I could be wrong, by no means an expert - just mostly a reader of the forums.

Ruby

my first reaction was silly but:

Casey Anthony wrote those letters. :crazy:
LOL. Some parts do sound just like her. Similar handwriting too.

Personally, I didn't think Hope could write so many words in a row without cursing.

So, I'm going with some silly friends she's made in jail who are around her age and trying to help out the famous Misty. The grifter's got a posse already, I'm guessing. She's still trying to game her way outta jail.

"Robbie" certainly is not putting in an impressive defense performance. He clearly has a hard time doing his job, and controlling his client. :cow: This client has another trial coming up. You'd think he'd be quite vested in making sure she did no such fool thing prior to trial.

I'm afraid Misty's toast. 75 years, comin' up.

IMO, no one is thinking of working any deal with Misty. Consequently, her idea of a good defense is to work with her more literate jailhouse friends to plead her innocence via Flo's mailbox.:shakehead:

I'm very sorry to see these letters - they predict nothing good for our little one's cause of justice. Where are you Haleigh?

chump and krkrjx, you both express the same feeling I get with the new Art Harris story. We don't know if those pages all came from the same envelope and as for the pages clearly written by someone else and supposedly signed by misty, I think it would be easy for the writer of those pages to have then forged a very believable misty signature. I agree that Hope, Misty and Donna have no physical contact with each other however jails have rumor mills, I'm not exactly sure what transpired here

Yep, I agree the signatures could be forgeries. Flo Hollars said it was Misty's signature on all of them. You would think she would know her granddaughter's signature but I will agree if a forgery is well done it can sometimes pass as authentic even with family.

I, however, believe Misty signed them all. This whole thing is a money scheme, IMO, and it has Misty written all over it (no pun intended, LOL). Anyway, I think one or more others composed and penned the poems based on stuff Misty told them, and she signed and sent them out. It's about money; it's a con, and it's Misty's style, IMO.

I'm sure it must have come from the prison? Or else Grandma Flo is yanking our chains. Prison letters have prison stamps on them so people know they are getting a letter from a prisoner.

Yep, I agree the signatures could be forgeries. Flo Hollars said it was Misty's signature on all of them. You would think she would know her granddaughter's signature but I will agree if a forgery is well done it can sometimes pass as authentic even with family.

I, however, believe Misty signed them all. This whole thing is a money scheme, IMO, and it has Misty written all over it (no pun intended, LOL). Anyway, I think one or more others composed and penned the poems based on stuff Misty told them, and she signed and sent them out. It's about money; it's a con, and it's Misty's style, IMO.
Yep. ITA, krkrjx. Nothing but a typical jailhouse con. It's clearly not Misty's voice we hear in those letters. The writer is someone smarter and more creative. Guess she thought Misty was her cash cow. Yeah, well, nice try.

IMO, Chels has always had a stake, for whatever reasons, in appearing on the media circuits to discuss the case. Sounds like Chels-speak. Most verbal of the group. Chels has always been Misty's consummate protector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77