Identified! NM - Can you help identify people in these photos? - Possible West Mesa connection

tatertot

Reaction score
Police have obtained six photos of seven women who have similar characteristics to the West Mesa victims and feel there may be a connection. The identity of the women in the photos is unknown, but four of the photos depict unconscious individuals. :(

**WARNING: DISTURBING PHOTOS in slideshow -- although you can read the article without starting the slideshow and viewing any of the unconscious women's photos.**
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1875293.shtml?cat=504

I reposted only the two photos with conscious individuals here, for those who might want to help identify the three women depicted in them without seeing the disturbing photos:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=25077&st=0&#entry11286372

The photo of the woman in the red sleeveless zippered top was definitely taken in a motel or hotel. Note the little placard sitting by the sink.

The woman wearing the white shirt has what appears to be a braided metal drain line by her head, the type you'd use to hook up a washing machine.

OK - How about this one compared to UI Woman #2 (i.e., the woman with the blue/white plaid shirt)?

Sylvia Perez
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perez_silvia.html
perez_silvia.jpg

Here's the side-by-side:
*** WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT ***
http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/30292/2319093420045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

• Thick lower lip
  • Weak Chin
  • Similar noses
  • arching eyebrows
  • Weak Jawline
  • Similar hairlines at the left (viewer's right) of center.
  • Moderate-to-prominent cheekbone definition.

The circumstances of her disappearance don't exactly support her ending up in Albuquerque though.

The UI's hair appears to be partially covering her left earlobe, and Sylvia is wearing earrings, so it's hard to compare ears in this instance.

numbers 5 & 2 look like the same person, or possibly related. Take a look at their ear lobes.

Yeah, I noticed that earlier. But I think #5 has a little more cheekbone and slightly more chin.

I think #2 and #5 are the same person. Faces aren't always symetrical so it may be one side of her face was shaped differently than the other and it could be the position of her head differently in each photo. With one photo being the gals head is up that would stretch out the chin, looking down or chin closer to her chest would create more chin iykwim.

Also, imo they both appear to me to be taken in a car. What the OP thought appeared to look like a braided metal drain line by her head I think resembles the foam one would see around where a car door closes while the car door is open. Not sure what that foam area is officially called. That small dark area to the top left in pic 5 appears to be a tiny bit of a car head rest. In #5 her head looks to be in an akward position against a car door. IMO

ETA: What appears to be just to the left of what looks like the braided metal drain line to me looks like the shiny inside of a car door jam. As if the person took the picture with the car door open and very close to the car/person in the photo

Carl, I think Sylvia might be a good possibility. If she has attached earlobes.

looking again at pictures #2 and #5. They both look like photos take with a car door open. IMO I can see that foam around the car door jam in #2. I think it is the same foam in #4 and the flash might have brought out that braided metal appearance. Is there any of that car foam that's around doors that looks braided? The seats look reclined imo as well.

Carl, I think Sylvia might be a good possibility. If she has attached earlobes.

I left a message with the West Mesa tip line regarding Sylvia.

Cubby, I believe you're right. That must be the foam door jamb in photo #5 and not a drain line. Like you said, the headrest is to the right of her head, and the headrest is positioned higher so the metal bars that hold it are exposed. The woman is positioned between the seat's headrest and the door jamb. Note the headrest in photo #2 is also in a high position with the metal supports showing. Could the perpetrator be a taller person who needs head support at a higher level?

Also, Sylvia does resemble the woman in photo #2, IMO.

here's my reconstruction (or impression) of # 4 with her eyes open

Attachments

• 1025758Emmms.jpg
    1025758Emmms.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 48
I watched the Dateline NBC special, "Somebody's Daughter" last night about the West Mesa case.

The two-hour special featured Ida Lopez, the female detective who was in charge of missing persons in Albuquerque, and Dan Valdez, the father of Michelle Valdez, who went missing in 2004, and whose skeletal remains (and those her unborn child) were found among the 11 West Mesa victims.

Mr. Valdez was one who took home videos of his two daughters, and granddaughter, to whom Michelle gave birth when she was 13 years old, and captured all of the important events in her life. It was sad to see how as a a little girl, she seemed to be the sweet cheerful child, but fell into the clutches of crack addiction and a lifestyle of drug use and prostitution.

They did an excellent job of putting a human face on Michelle, and showing how these women who took the wrong path in life still had families (including in Michelle's case, a seven-year old daughter) who loved her and grieve over the loss of her.

Thank you Carl, I'll try to find the episode online to watch it asap.

Two more have been ID'd. It doesn't say which ones were ID'd but it does say which ones remain unidentified.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/police-id-2-more-women-in-photos

So by elimination, we can infer that the ID'd women are probably:
* The woman on the bed (#4)
* The woman in the blue plaid shirt (#2), which is probably the same woman as the woman in the white shirt (#5).

We still don't know where these pictures came from? They are somehow connected, or suspected to be connected, to the West Mesa victims but LE has not told us where the pictures came from. :waitasec: They have named an eccentric photographer and business owner from Joplin, MO as a person of interest, and he has been investigated. I don't want to name him here, but he is named in a lot of MSM media sources. Here is a link to one of them with a lot of comments from local people in Missouri who know him. The photography has to be a connection, and the fact that he must be known to travel to the West Mesa, NM area.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x2...d-as-person-of-interest-in-Albuquerque-deaths

We still don't know where these pictures came from? They are somehow connected, or suspected to be connected, to the West Mesa victims but LE has not told us where the pictures came from. :waitasec: They have named an eccentric photographer and business owner from Joplin, MO as a person of interest, and he has been investigated. I don't want to name him here, but he is named in a lot of MSM media sources. Here is a link to one of them with a lot of comments from local people in Missouri who know him. The photography has to be a connection, and the fact that he must be known to travel to the West Mesa, NM area.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x2...d-as-person-of-interest-in-Albuquerque-deaths

I do believe these pics came from the stuff they took from the MO guy. If you saw the Dateline story last week, they showed boxes and boxes of stuff from the search warrants they served on him. Yet they were clearly not happy their investigation of him was ever made public and they were pretty tight-lipped about it.

It is very disturbing that the Grim Sleeper & this West Mesa suspect were in possession of numerous photos of unconscious/possibly deceased females.

Viewing these two cases in one week has me really disconcerted. How can anyone be so demented? I need to go play with kittens and watch the Sound of Music now.

It is very disturbing that the Grim Sleeper & this West Mesa suspect were in possession of numerous photos of unconscious/possibly deceased females.

Viewing these two cases in one week has me really disconcerted. How can anyone be so demented? I need to go play with kittens and watch the Sound of Music now.

Serial killer Lawrence Bittaker also had a collection of 500 photos of mostly unknown women (and 19 women known to be missing) which, to my knowledge, has never been released to the public. Since he was operating right in my part of town, I've always wondered if anyone that I knew (or any MP's listed in the online MP sites) were among his photos.

This guy was one of the most evil SOB's there ever was. Every time I drive down Pacific Coast Hwy past Avenue D in Redondo Beach, I look at St. Andrews church and think of Lucinda Schaefer (who was walking to her Grandmother's house from that church) and I think of how horrible the last moments of her life must have been.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back