Art Harris: Misty is claiming that Haleigh is alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's been visiting, phoning or writing Misty? Inmate buddy may have penned it, but believe it's Ms. Chels who dictated it. JMO

Flo per Art: “I think she was making some folks nervous by who she was pointing at before, so someone come up with this for her to say to downplay the suspicions.”

M's inmate buddies don't care who M pointed to (ToC). For whatever reasons, Chels did/does.

I'm sure it must have come from the prison? Or else Grandma Flo is yanking our chains. Prison letters have prison stamps on them so people know they are getting a letter from a prisoner.

Does the letter have to be stamped or just the envelope?

Misty is not being housed with the general population. She is housed under Close Management.

1.What is Close Management?

A.Close Management (CM) is confinement of an inmate apart from the general inmate population.

The site goes on to outline why the prisoner is in CM, there is nothing that I saw (in the first link below) that would pertain to Misty, it is for violent offenders or behavior problems after the inmate arrives at the prison facility. I did see one thing (in the second link below) that could affect her custody status and that was her detainer for Putnam Co. since she has yet to be sentenced for her crimes there. IMO Misty is being housed under CM for her own safety like she was in SJC jail. Even though she has not been charged with anything pertaining to the Haleigh case word gets around and the inmates could form the opinion she is guilty of Haleigh's death/disappearance and harm her. The prison is in Marion Co. which is adjoined to Putnam Co. to the south.

Here is the link to the DOC site which explains CM housing. There are 3 different levels listed. I don't know which one she is under but IMO she is completely isolated from the other inmates like she was in SJC jail. That is why she was never moved to Lowell CI where female inmates under 24 yoa are housed, they have no cells, it is all open housing aka dorms. Lowell Annex has cells.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/cm.html#1

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/custody.html#1

IMO, Hope was behind those letters.

The detail about Haleigh's clothing sounds like someone who knew her. The person describes Haleigh's clothing including Haleigh's cute little hat. I have never heard mention of Haleigh and hats.

Hope is also a person whose life changed that night. Hope, who idolizes her cousin Ron, who thought she was going to get a slap on the hand, who can relate to Misty's personal experiences in a way that some may think Misty was writing the letters. Hope is the perfect person to "pretend" to be Misty. Pretend to be Misty to protect Ronald by destroying Misty's credibilty BEFORE she goes to court.

The one thing that made me think it was Hope was the part that said:

"Everyone sees me smiling when my heart is filled with tears."

The only ones who smiled in court were the Cummings. Misty, Tommy and Donna NEVER smiled in court. They were not defiant. They were scared. But Ronald and Hope always treated court like a joke. Well, Hope did UNTIL she was sentenced. Then the smile disappeard and the tears came.

IMO, that is where she messed up. Hope would have no idea that unlike her, Misty never smiled in court. Hope thought Misty would feel like she did. However, Hope forgot that the Croslins' experiences in Court were different than the Cummins. The Croslins would never smile in court because they never got off. The Cummings smile in Court because until this time, they always got off.

There is a video Marie released to the public she took of Haleigh and Jr. Christmas 2008 where Haleigh is wearing a purple hat she gave her.
That could be the hat that is referred to in the letter.

In one letter, Misty says: How can she tell them something when she doesn't know anything and in another she says: She's alive. Which is it Misty?

She doesn't make any sense!

I can still remember the recorded phone convo between TN and RC where TN asks RC......"do you think she'll talk"? IMO, about anything BUT the truth!

IMO, those letters were just a ploy to get money. Her commensary must be getting low. There are inmates all over the US, serial killers included, with high profile cases, that will sell off memorabilia (art work, letters, autographs, etc...) to get money.
There is always the possibility that she honestly believes the reason she was sentenced to 25 years, was because of the 398th story she told about Haleigh being dumped in the river, and people believing that she had something to do with her murder. It somewhat baffles me that she seemingly forgets that trafficking drugs is a CRIME. She is in prison for trafficking drugs and will get additional time for the other charges stemming from......trafficking drugs.
HEY CRIMINAL...you're going to be in prison for a long time no matter what. The least you can do is stop dangling Haleighs life/memory for your own personal agendas. Tell the truth or sit in your cell and Shut the blankety blank up

Art Harris claims Misty is saying that Haleigh is alive. He really has provided some doozies in this case. I think he likes face time on NG and that's that. I really am tired of all the propaganda in this case. IMO the letters are not written by Misty and with some good investigative journalism that would have been clear...

gypsy, I agree. When it comes to Art Harris I always believe he has a personal motive when it comes to the Haleigh case. There hasn't been much action in this case for a few months. He needs to attract readers to his blog. Throw out Misty's name and something new about her comments and he's such to attract readership. jmo

gypsy, I agree. When it comes to Art Harris I always believe he has a personal motive when it comes to the Haleigh case. There hasn't been much action in this case for a few months. He needs to attract readers to his blog. Throw out Misty's name and something new about her comments and he's such to attract readership. jmo

I totally agree. I think AH and Misty are a couple of drama queens. When there is nothing being said about them, they start making stuff up. JMOO

I don't know for sure, but I would bet that Art paid somebody for the letters, and the right to put them on his blog.
Disgusting.... !
But, I would agree that this might be just part of the campaign to promote the belief that Haleigh is alive so somebody won't be charged with her death.
Good luck with that!

What better way is there to promote Haleigh being alive and well than producing a live and well Haleigh?

All the ramblings that are not backed up by anything concrete are worth nothing to anyone other than those behind them scheming to get money. Oh, I'm sure some fool(s) will send them some of their hard-earned cash--just wonder if they will be willing to do so time and time again over the next 25-or-so years. Doubtful, IMO.

Over the next couple decades, whenever Misty's coffers run low we will hear more nonsense out of her. And periodically--whenever the limelight around him dims too low for comfort--we will hear AH spewing forth information he has gleaned exclusively from "sources close to the investigation."

Hmmmmmm.........what investigation?

There is a video Marie released to the public she took of Haleigh and Jr. Christmas 2008 where Haleigh is wearing a purple hat she gave her.
That could be the hat that is referred to in the letter.

That is why I think it was written by someone who knew Haleigh. That video may have shown Haleigh in a hat. There might even be pics of Haleigh wearing a hat. But there was NEVER any statements that I'm aware of that Haleigh loves hats or Haleigh loved to wear hats.

IMO, the description especially the hat was done to try to make it believable that Misty wrote it. Almost like a huge flag....see..Misty wrote this....only Misty would "describe" clothes. However, between the handwriting, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, Misty did not write those.

According to the article, Bowling says that Misty is housed in Lowell with Hope and Donna. Interesting, he also mention they want Misty to talk about what happened between "8 pm and 3 am."

After reading these posts, I do have some questions. Could someone have sent these to Misty and told her to mail them to Granny Flo?

Although if they had done that, why wouldn't they have Misty sign her name at the bottom because none of the signatures match either. Maybe Misty sent the cover letter referencing the "poems" and the others came separately so Granny Flo put them together.

Because if you look at them, it not only looks like more than one author in the body of work. Even the "dates" look like different writers.

I had a friend who was a court qualified handwriting expert. She taught me the basics. Does anyone have links to other letters written by Misty or Chelsea or anyone else? I'm willing to print them out and see if I can find similarities between the letters and post it.

I've been following the case closely since the beginning but I haven't checked up on it in a while. I just looked up the latest news and I was completely floored at how different Misty looks. Drugs really had a hold on her. She looks so different completely clean. I didn't even recognize her. Not that this makes any excuse for what they did to Haliegh, but it is undoubtedly drug related. I can only hope since she's already behind bars she tells them what really happened.

#1: If we refer to a forum that is not an allowed link on WS, that is still not allowed and you can get a Time Out for it. This is starting to be an issue in here and it needs to end now.

#2: AH reads here. He's been very complimentary to Tricia about our members and it would be nice if we were to give him the same respect. He's a reporter. That's what he does. If someone contacts him with information, he's going to report it. At least he's not paying for those letters which is more than we can say for the National Enquirer or something. I for one am interested in what Misty is writing and want to see the letters. I'm angry at her for not taking responsibility for her actions and leading us to Haleigh, but that's not AH's fault.

If you don't agree with something AH reports, then that's fine. But let's stay on topic about what has been reported please.

#1: If we refer to a forum that is not an allowed link on WS, that is still not allowed and you can get a Time Out for it. This is starting to be an issue in here and it needs to end now.

#2: AH reads here. He's been very complimentary to Tricia about our members and it would be nice if we were to give him the same respect. He's a reporter. That's what he does. If someone contacts him with information, he's going to report it. At least he's not paying for those letters which is more than we can say for the National Enquirer or something. I for one am interested in what Misty is writing and want to see the letters. I'm angry at her for not taking responsibility for her actions and leading us to Haleigh, but that's not AH's fault.

If you don't agree with something AH reports, then that's fine. But let's stay on topic about what has been reported please.

You are right Kimster, sorry if I did anything wrong. It won't happen again, and I will be more respectful to Art Harris. I am happy he is not paying for anything like the rag mags.

IMO, those letters were just a ploy to get money. Her commensary must be getting low. There are inmates all over the US, serial killers included, with high profile cases, that will sell off memorabilia (art work, letters, autographs, etc...) to get money.
There is always the possibility that she honestly believes the reason she was sentenced to 25 years, was because of the 398th story she told about Haleigh being dumped in the river, and people believing that she had something to do with her murder. It somewhat baffles me that she seemingly forgets that trafficking drugs is a CRIME. She is in prison for trafficking drugs and will get additional time for the other charges stemming from......trafficking drugs.
HEY CRIMINAL...you're going to be in prison for a long time no matter what. The least you can do is stop dangling Haleighs life/memory for your own personal agendas. Tell the truth or sit in your cell and Shut the blankety blank up

Glad you don't hold back. You tell it like it is girl!

The handwriting is too neat in the first four links of the letters, and then the last cover letter seems to be more of Misty's handwriting.

I agree with you. Interesting that for the most part, spelling and punctuation seem to be above her usual level of functioning---yet....did you notice the spelling of her step-daughters name?

I don't know for sure, but I would bet that Art paid somebody for the letters, and the right to put them on his blog.
Disgusting.... !
But, I would agree that this might be just part of the campaign to promote the belief that Haleigh is alive so somebody won't be charged with her death.
Good luck with that!

I have read Art Harris's reporting with great interest. For any reporter, this set of circumstances is confusing at best. It is my personal opinion that AH has a sincere interest in this case and is emotionally invested.

So, looks like Misty is using AH's stationery. :wink:

Obviously Misty wrote the note addressed to Nanny and BeBe, it has a childish scrawl, lots of misspellings, and poor grammar. I do hope the girl makes use of her time and continues her education behind bars. She's really going to need it in 25 years. No education, a prison record. Man, that's a tough rap to beat for someone who thinks she's better than everyone.

It took me quite a while before I figured out that "pomes" must be "poems".

The signatures on all the pages do appear more like her handwriting than the rest of the writing on the pages. She may have had to rush to sign them through the bars while the ghostwriter sat in the cell next to her. One never knows what goes on in those places. I would imagine prisoners do writing jobs for other prisoners the same way college and high school students are willing to do papers for others for a price. It's not new having a classmate type term papers for other students. Prisoners probably do the same in exchange for cigarettes, grooming supplies, and other types of payments.

Misty dictates or jots down her thoughts, and the other person writes it down, then rewrites it into better language and a neater script. Quite simple, actually.

One thing for sure, it has Misty written all over it with "I", "I", "I", "me", "me", "me". That's what makes me think Misty did know what was going on and she probably had a big part in what went into those pages.

It appears that she doesn't know her parents have been released. She mentions "I hope Momm is heging in there (?)...I hope when she gets out she dose right...". Has no one told her Lisa's been out for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288