NV NV - Elburz, I-80, BlkMale 50-70, UP8373, silver framed front teeth, seizure meds, Dec'10

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
ELBURZ — A Nevada Highway Patrol trooper made the startling discovery of a human body in an advanced state of decomposition Thursday near the Interstate 80 Elburz exit.

<snip>

He said the gender, age and manner of death are not yet known, but the Washoe County Crime Lab was en route as of 5 p.m. Thursday to examine the scene and remove the body.

full article at link:

http://elkodaily.com/news/local/article_7b605f30-0f17-11e0-bac7-001cc4c03286.html

another article:

http://www.rgj.com/article/20101224/NEWS/101224017/1321/news

Depends on where you're going - this is my neck of the woods somewhat...

Leaving Las Vegas to Reno you would take 95 which is closer to California.

The route through Elko - or Elburz, where this body was found which is east of Elko - is what you would use if you were going from, say, Salt Lake City to Portland, OR. or thereabouts. Likewise if you were coming from further south. There is a bigger road leaving SLC to the North (I15/I84).

A lot of folks from SLC drive I80 out to Wendover, NV. to buy booze on the NV side of the border.

Trivia note - Elko has a wonderful kitchen store: http://www.cucinafresca.net/

There's really only a few routes that body could have come from:

1 - Driving west on I-80, out of Wendover, SLC or points east.

2 - Driving directly north out of Vegas or Ely to Wells, then driving west on I-80.

3 - Driving directly south out of Twin Falls on US-93, then going west on I-80.

The body was found just off the westbound lane, between Wells and Elko.

If this is female, it's the fourth female case in six weeks, out of Nevada.
There's the burned body at the Sloan exit, south of Vegas (Michele Carson).
Another burned body in Kingman Wash, AZ (a mile over the Nv border)
Navaraez (missing dancer from Vegas).
Whoever this is.

OT stuff:

Luckily, we've not made a Nevada booze run for 20 years.
We have lots of booze in Utah. You can even order a drink here almost anywhere (for the past ten years). No more private clubs. A few people bring basic things back, but our wine stores have better selections. We bring back Picon from Elko, to make Picon punches. Can't get tht here.

Haven't tried the kitchen store; my friends owned one in Ogden for quite awhile, so I'm permanently stocked up with wonderful stuff. But I applaud anyone who faces the BB&B behemoth.

Update:
If this is female, it's the fourth female case in six weeks, out of Nevada.
There's the burned body at the Sloan exit, south of Vegas (Michele Carson).
Another burned body in Kingman Wash, AZ (a mile over the Nv border)
Navaraez (missing dancer from Vegas).
Whoever this is.

BBM

Two arrests have been made in the Kingman Wash case: KLAS-TV: "Min Soon Chang and Keon Kyun Park are in custody"

Pictures of the lovely duo, at the link.

So I was googling to find out if this UID had been identified yet and found an open UID case from 1993 in the same town.

:(

So I was googling to find out if this UID had been identified yet and found an open UID case from 1993 in the same town.

:(

What town is "the same town"?
Who, what, how, when?

According to the Elko Daily (click here for details), the FBI's assistance is needed to ID the body.

Two front teeth have silver caps (incisors), and the hair is short, and tightly-curled. Remains are described as "likely ethnic". The flesh will be stripped off the skull, for facial reconstruction.

article says "person". they can't determine gender yet?

It also says "... remove the tissue from the skeleton so the bones can be accurately measured for estimation of gender and age."

The ODD thing about this case, is how the remains have been identified. Some stories have mentioned "decomposing" (ie, like it was a fairly fresh body) but now we're hearing "flesh from the skeleton"....like whatever flesh was there, was pretty much sticking to skeletonized remains.

One of the earliest stories (CLICK HERE headlined "skeletonized corpse".

It also says "... remove the tissue from the skeleton so the bones can be accurately measured for estimation of gender and age."

The ODD thing about this case, is how the remains have been identified. Some stories have mentioned "decomposing" (ie, like it was a fairly fresh body) but now we're hearing "flesh from the skeleton"....like whatever flesh was there, was pretty much sticking to skeletonized remains.

One of the earliest stories (CLICK HERE headlined "skeletonized corpse".

I guess I think "recent," too, when I see "decomposing," but the word itself doesn't inherently have to mean that. Technically, a body would be decomposing until even the bones totally rotted back into the environment. Which could take quite a long time out in that dry desert environment.

But the description of advanced decay doesn't really fit with "a recently dumped body that had since deteriorated at the scene" from the first article, either. It does make one wonder.

Elburz body likely an elderly man

ELKO — A heavily deteriorated body found a month ago along Interstate 80 near Elburz is believed to be that of an elderly man, according to Elko sheriff’s Lt. Doug Gailey.

Gailey said the man is also likely Hispanic or black, according to information provided by the Washoe County Crime Lab, which has had custody of the body since it was found in late December.

Hopefully the Namus link will be updated with the new information soon.
https://identifyus.org/cases/8373

Currently it says:
Estimated age Cannot Determine
Minimum age years
Maximum age years
Race Unsure
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) , Cannot Estimate

Dentals are available, no DNA.

Hopefully the Namus link will be updated with the new information soon.

Currently it says:
Estimated age Cannot Determine
Minimum age years
Maximum age years
Race Unsure
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) , Cannot Estimate

Dentals are available, no DNA.

They now have photos of the victim's teeth in NamUs.

They also updated the age (18 - 99) - Not much help there.

The two front teeth are framed with silver.

Exclusions:
Jerry Armstrong 1960 Mississippi
Osvaldo Baro 1940 New York
Bennie Crockett 1908 South Carolina
Robert Davis 1945 Louisiana
John Davis, Jr. 1954 Louisiana
Ellis Faison Sr 1925 North Carolina
JONAS JOSEPH 1956 Connecticut
Richard Lawrence 1922 Washington
Gailon Leak 1961 North Carolina
Darrell Moneyham 1961 Alabama
Michael Udow 1948 California
Andrew Willis 1955 California

They've changed the age to 50 t0 70 years old.

I know I'm probably wrong but what about Franklin Palmer from Washoe County?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10131/0/ I know it's a long shot, since the heights don't match up and I'm not sure how quicky a decomposed body can become a skeleton in a matter of weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back