TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it requires thought and due diligence before forming opinions, which is why I mostly keep mine to myself until I have the bulk of the story.

She may very well have an accomplice, but imho, just from what LE has stated, her residence is the one that the burning was done at, and that makes her sitting very much in the right place tonight.

ETA: if she removed the body from a container prior to the dump, then she is lying to the public by saying that she didn't know what was in the container when she dumped it.

It is very possible she was not aware of what was in the container. According to the person that spotted the remains, IIRC, he/she thought it was burned debris.

You are missing my whole point. I am not talking about an innocent dinner. I am talking about people getting together to do drugs. Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

My point is, as a parent you are responsible for who you bring into your child's life. If you are a drug addict and choose to bring other drug addicts into your home.....well then, IMO, nothing good is EVER going to come of that. Sure the child may not end of dead everytime but damage whether it be neglect, abuse, etc. is bound to happen.

Did I miss it? Do we have confirmation via MSM that family members were doing drugs and there was neglect? To my knowledge the family members are innocent members in this as it stands now?

Except the witness who spotted the remains spotted a "Body" not a container.
And it was made clear there was NO container found and LE was clear that everyone she tried to implicate has been cleared.

I thought it was stated it appeared to be "burned debris/trash" on first observation. I could be wrong in my recollection.

Interesting.

Women serial killers-Kehler Typology
Revenge killer
-obsession driven (love, hate, or jealousy)
-victims are usually family or a member of a group that the killer believes to be offensive in some way
-generally shows remorse after arrest
-usually kill 3-4 victims over 2 years
http://twistedminds.creativescapism.com/serial-killers-introduction/kehler-typology/types/

I'm way behind on this case, and I'm sure this has been mentioned. But FWIW (and it might be academic) I'm wondering if the fact that it was Christmas Eve played into her motivation. Bitterness, old wounds, bad childhood experience. Killing a child is horrible in itself, but to do so on Christmas Eve, well, I can't believe that was a coincidence. Are there any other unsolved Christmas Eve murders or child abductions in Texas? Virginia?

It is very possible she was not aware of what was in the container. According to the person that spotted the remains, IIRC, he/she thought it was burned debris.

Her sense of smell must have been knocked out of her during her fighting days then....

no disrespect intended but...come on! she is captured on video disposing of the body! i agree this does not mean she killed him, however, she needs to say something better than "she was disposing of a container". a 5 year old could concoct a better story than that.

I thought it was stated it appeared to be "burned debris/trash" on first observation. I could be wrong in my recollection.

I think you are right that what was spotted was described as burned debris, but we don't know how close that witness was, and how close or seasoned you would need to be to determine it was a body.

Did I miss it? Do we have confirmation via MSM that family members were doing drugs and there was neglect? To my knowledge the family members are innocent members in this as it stands now?

Ugh, In my original post I was referring to Mr. X's statement about MN saying that they (MN, AD, DD) got together to do drugs and drink. I also stated IF that turned out to be true. I did not state it as fact.

And for the records JF's uncle has stated in MSM that AD had a drug problem. That has also been posted in these threads today.

Do you think that doing drugs around children is not neglectful?

OH My, I can imagine that DD is ready to come unglued with pure rage when he hears this!

I pray that DD didn't give her a $20 bill for pizza, beer or whatever that have his fingerprints on it. That would suck. This family has been through enough.

Is LE saying that Mona abducted an alive Jonathan and then drove him to her house?
If that is the case, wouldn't there be DNA evidence of Jonathan having been in that truck?

wow, several of the slideshow photos look like the sketch, and the ones that really bear resemblance are from 2007 and 2008

You are missing my whole point. I am not talking about an innocent dinner. I am talking about people getting together to do drugs. Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

My point is, as a parent you are responsible for who you bring into your child's life. If you are a drug addict and choose to bring other drug addicts into your home.....well then, IMO, nothing good is EVER going to come of that. Sure the child may not end of dead everytime but damage whether it be neglect, abuse, etc. is bound to happen.

So by that same train of thought if a child is killed in a drive by gang shooting it is the parents fault because they chose to live in the neighborhood.

The very real fact is a parent can NEVER protect their child from all harm no matter how hard they try, bad things happen everyday even to the children of "good" parents who do everything "right".

no disrespect intended but...come on! she is captured on video disposing of the body! i agree this does not mean she killed him, however, she needs to say something better than "she was disposing of a container". a 5 year old could concoct a better story than that.

I have to go and listen or read what the individual who met with Mona stated. I am only going on what I thought I heard, she was asked to dispose of a container for $20.00 by DD.

Did she state in the interview that she disposed the container at the site where she was spotted on video or did she just say she was asked to dispose of the container for $20.00?

I wonder if the individual asked Mona if she took the container to the site considering LE claims there was no container at the site? Lots of unanswered questions.

you are correct sarx. the parents of jonathan are not suspects in his murder. mona is.

ok, i probably need a break but - $20?! seriously?! NO WAY, DON'T BUY IT, NOT HAPPENING!

Posts about Mona possibly being responsible in other crimes goes here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123949"]Is Mona Nelson of Houston TX a serial killer? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please refrain from statements that the family's lifestyle led to Jonathan's murder. If you'd like to start a thread about drugs and partying and how that is dangerous for children, we have a Jury Room or a parenting forum in the private member area. :tyou:

We need to be respectful to the family here. They could be reading.

Her sense of smell must have been knocked out of her during her fighting days then....

Now you bring up a very good point. She could very well have had damage to her sinuses, or an area to the brain that could cause her to lose her sense of smell.

I know someone who was in a car accident and lost the ability to smell anything or taste anything.

Ugh, In my original post I was referring to Mr. X's statement about MN saying that they (MN, AD, DD) got together to do drugs and drink. I also stated IF that turned out to be true. I did not state it as fact.

And for the records JF's uncle has stated in MSM that AD had a drug problem. That has also been posted in these threads today.

Do you think that doing drugs around children is not neglectful?

And her drug issues is the reason why she sent the kids to live away from her.

SDad took and passed a poly according to AD, and police say Nelson acted alone.

Appears that AD was telling the truth about SDad passing the poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24