TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

Wednesday night I emailed most of the radio and TV stations within a 200 mile radius of Colorado City with a picture and all of the info that I had at that time.

Besides the girls swapping clothes and such the way they do, maybe she was going to grab a bag from Dads?
Praying for a quick return to Mom and family.

Just been going over her MS comments posted from an Ipod ? Any how it looks like she was having some issuses with some girls? Starting around Aug 18, 2010 over a boy perhaps. Then around Nov 6th looks like she has a new luv interest that she thought they were just friends.
Nov 7th more talk about being harrassed by some girls over a boy (my take) and possibly a fight between her friend and another gal on the same day. Thats about it.

Oh she has a blurb about herself talking about having two enemies and names them not sure when she wrote that though.....

ETA: Her MS keeps trying to attack my computer so heads up...

Just been going over her MS comments posted from an Iphone ?

Respectfully snipped by me...

Don't hold me to this...but I know with Facebook if you use an ITouch to update or post it will state that it was done by an IPhone...maybe Myspace is the same way? I think czgtz stated somewhere that Hailey doesn't have a cellphone.

I didn't see this posted from today...

12/31/2010
Police track new leads in search of missing girl
Colorado City police officers were out in force today, December 31, following new leads in the disappearance of a missing Colorado City middle schooler. Law enforcment tracking teams with TDCJ joined in the search, according to Interim Police Cheif John Bivins.
"There is still no evidence of foul play or abduction," Bivins said.
Any new information made available by the CCPD will be immediately posted on this website as the search for Hailey Dunn continues.
Thirteen-year-old Hailey Dunn was last seen at 1804 Chestnut in Colorado City at 1 p.m. on Monday, December 27.
More...

Respectfully snipped by me...

Don't hold me to this...but I know with Facebook if you use an ITouch to update or post it will state that it was done by an IPhone...maybe Myspace is the same way? I think czgtz stated somewhere that Hailey doesn't have a cellphone.

I will have to go back to her MS but I believe she said she got an Ipod touch for christmas (last).... I will have to go back and edit my post to touch, I know you can post from one of those....

Thank you I am not sure either, it only states "mobil" by the comments

I will have to go back to her MS but I believe she said she got an Ipod touch for christmas.... I will have to go back and edit my post to touch, I know you can post from one of those....

Thank you I am not sure either, it only states "mobil" by the comments

Yes...it did say she got an iTouch..think it was last Xmas

Krista, from what I understand, the neighbor only just this afternoon told the police that Hailey was on the phone in the backyard. I assume that the police are going to check the records.

I am awful with times. I know that Billie and her boyfriend have been together well over a year. I have no idea about Clint and his girlfriend since I don't hang around them. I suppose that it has been a while since they have a daughter together.

Everyone is gets along pretty well.

But if Hailey did NOT have a cell phone - whose phone was she using? A land line or a cellphone?

OK, like all teenage girls, I'm sure there were several boys that Hailey 'liked'. She did mention one in particular that lives here in Colorado City to Billie, but didn't say that he was her boyfriend.

Hailey's friend who she was supposed to spend the night finally (and I think grudgingly) told Billie and the police that they met this boy at a track meet out of town. All that she told was his name and that he was "their age". He was a participant in the track meet, so he has to be in school. The police are going to look through the school records in the neighboring town and try and determine who he is.

I am fairly sure that the enemy talk on FB was just that - talk. Small towns are full of gossip, and Hailey is not the first girl by a long shot to have been accused of being with someone's boyfriend. I check my girl's FB daily, and am appalled at how so many of these teens talk about each other.

Billie works long hours in Snyder. It is not unusual for her boyfriend to be there with the kids. I don't think that Hailey would call Billie everytime she wanted to do something. As far as the clothes she was wearing - it has been unseasonably warm.

OK, like all teenage girls, I'm sure there were several boys that Hailey 'liked'. She did mention one in particular that lives here in Colorado City to Billie, but didn't say that he was her boyfriend.

Hailey's friend who she was supposed to spend the night finally (and I think grudgingly) told Billie and the police that they met this boy at a track meet out of town. All that she told was his name and that he was "their age". He was a participant in the track meet, so he has to be in school. The police are going to look through the school records in the neighboring town and try and determine who he is.

I am fairly sure that the enemy talk on FB was just that - talk. Small towns are full of gossip, and Hailey is not the first girl by a long shot to have been accused of being with someone's boyfriend. I check my girl's FB daily, and am appalled at how so many of these teens talk about each other.

Billie works long hours in Snyder. It is not unusual for her boyfriend to be there with the kids. I don't think that Hailey would call Billie everytime she wanted to do something. As far as the clothes she was wearing - it has been unseasonably warm.

Well, it sounds like progress is being made...that's encouraging. Having grown up in a town about the size of CCity, I can completely relate to the small town gossip. Of course, it's probably much worse now.

It sounds like the friend just started talking...today / tonight, right? I sure hope so...Please let Hailey's mother know we are all praying for her safe return and thank you so much for joining us here.

Please keep us posted.

The bf - does he work? Just curious because you say not unusual for him to be there with the kids....... And Mom - works long hours? Not a usual 8 hr shift?

http://ccitynews.net/news/story/2010/12/police-track-new-leads-search-missing-girl

By Carol Parsons
Posted December 31, 2010 - 7:57pm

Colorado City police officers were out in force today, December 31, following new leads in the disappearance of a missing Colorado City middle schooler. Law enforcment tracking teams with TDCJ joined in the search, according to Interim Police Cheif John Bivins.
<snipped>
According to CCPD officers, donors have increased the amount of the reward to $4500 to be used as a reward for the safe return of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. This was the latest official information available as of 1 p.m. on Friday, December 31.

Who drove the girls to the track meet? Whose vehicle did they use? Even a 16 yr old is old enough to be sat down at the PD and informed of the seriousness of the situation. I'm sure they can find something to charge the driver with if he or she does not want to cooperate. Did this girl indicate that Hailey took any money or extra clothes with her? It may be warm during the day, but nights have been near freezing.

In my opinion, someone should have scared the pee-pee out of Hailey's girl friend the first day she failed to return home. There is no excuse for holding back to CYA when a child is missing! What is the attitude of her (friend's) parents? If they are not encouraging, (read: ordering) her to spill the whole truth, I'd take a hard look at their motives!

That lie detector needs to be put to good use ASAP. Mom's boyfriend, sleep-over girl, driver, and anyone they had contact with at the track meet, IMO.

If the track story is true, maybe the bloodhounds need to go there. Much less chance of confusing results there than in her neighborhood where she walked all of the time.

Anyone who is local to the area-

Does anyone know the location of the track meet Hailey alledgedly attended with her girl friend?

Hmmm.....at this point....after Hailey being missing for a week, why would the friend not spill her guts about what was going on?? I understand not wanting to get Hailey in trouble, but clearly Hailey is already in trouble/danger.

Really hoping Hailey's friend is questioned thoroughly by police. WAY too much time has passed for people to be hiding information.

:waitasec: Okay, either there is a mistake in relaying exactly what Hailey's friend said, or something stinks. Track season is in the spring...newspaper coverage indicates there are no track meets until April! Right now it's all basketball.

I'm going to try to see if there were any 5k charity events or anything else that a girl might confuse with a track meet.

According to Abilene Runners Club, the only run scheduled for Monday, Dec. 27, was in Richmond...slightly NE of Houston. It was not a school sponsored event...open to the public. I doubt this has anything to do with a teenager in a town near Colorado City.

http://www.runningintheusa.com/Race/MapShot.aspx?Rank=Date&StartDate=12-27-2010&EndDate=1-2-2011g

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back