TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The soot might be expected to be found in the lungs if the person was burned in the fire. But this wasn't a fire, so there is unlikely to be as much smoke as fire would generate.

WARNING: Please stop sleuthing innocent people! I have asked Tricia to come and post about what is allowed and what is not. UNTIL we hear from Tricia - ALL postings about sleuthing people that have been cleared by LE is to STOP.

Please be patient here while we work this out to make it very clear what is and what is not allowed.

Thank you!

Salem

warning graphic
I know that as a hairdresser certain smells lasts in the hair/body/clothes etc........cooks......onions.
I smelled like 'perms' everyday according to my children.
A bartender smells like the bar.

SO, on Christmas day..........did MN sister say MN smelled funny???
IMO MN would smell odd.
Burning anything in your house would carry the smell onto other items........
and MN fire alarm never went off????

True, however, I doubt the ME would put in the autopsy report "I think, or I believe" as a COD.

Although, the ME may say at trial, my professional determination is this or that etc.

Many a time I have watched "Dr. G, medical examiner" and it's not always easy to determine a cause of death. Sometimes the cause of death is unclear from the body itself so they have to wait for the toxicology results or microscopic slides. In the case of Jonathan I wonder if they can do more testing on the tissues to determine if he was alive or dead when burned.

That's true, but the children were not relevant to my point, Patty. That's why I said they weren't targeted. Breaking the window with beer bottles and beating the woman (while surrounded by the frightened children) is what I found significant

That charge alone is frightening. She should have been still incarcerated imho.
Either in prison or a mental institution. Between being a boxer, drug and alcohol addiction combined with rage we have a very serious killer.

Many a time I have watched "Dr. G, medical examiner" and it's not always easy to determine a cause of death. Sometimes the cause of death is unclear from the body itself so they have to wait for the toxicology results or microscopic slides. In the case of Jonathan I wonder if they can do more testing on the tissues to determine if he was alive or dead when burned.

I have been a big fan of Dr. G. also and I can't wait to hear the final results of the toxicology reports and slides.

warning graphic
I know that as a hairdresser certain smells lasts in the hair/body/clothes etc........cooks......onions.

IMO MN would smell odd.

You are assuming she actually has a working fire alarm.

Don't know about the step-father's story. Never heard any information that it changed in any way. Apparently the mother was concerned that she left the 12 year old alone so initially she came up with a story that he was with a babysitter. Maybe she didn't know that it's not illegal to leave the 12 year old alone.

LE confirmed this was mom's reasoning..She was afraid she did something 'wrong' by leaving him home alone..LE also said she was "embarrassed" to admit it..Even IF she came clean about where he really was when he disappeared it would not have made any diff since we now know how quickly he was murdered & then disposed..There was no way I can see that J could've been rescued in time..I hope this brings some comfort to Mom.

warning graphic

IMO MN would smell odd.

Based on what was reported in MSM, LE stated, only the rug had a smell, but they never stated there was a lingering smell throughout the house during their visit to Mona's residence.

My mom was a hairdresser too and she always had the smell of perms on her. Heck, when we get perms on ourselves we smell like a perm. :)

From behind bars on the fourth floor of the jail, Nelson gave her side, telling us one of Jonathan's family members stopped her Christmas Eve outside his Oak Street home and asked her to dump a plastic container. She said he paid her $20, and she didn't know what was inside because she was drunk on vodka.

She told us she randomly chose a ditch in northeast Houston because she said, "I was basically just drunk and driving and listening to music."

"I didn't know what was in it until they were showing me pictures in the interrogation room," Nelson said.

But the body, police say, was not found in a plastic container.

Investigators believe Nelson acted on her own. They say all family members have alibis

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7872780

This makes me wonder, if it is common for people to slip her a twenty and ask them to drop off mysterious containers?
If it was legit wouldn't she have dropped it off at the dump legally?
Makes you wonder what world she lived in that being asked to do dirty deeds for a simple $20 on Christmas Eve is a norm for her.
Would an average person do this kind of chore for someone else?
If so why didn't she see or smell a burned body?
How drunk do you have to be not to notice?
Unless somehow this wasn't that odd to her in the first place.

I am not understanding you. What would be the quickest less painful form? They have no evidence of anything that would have killed him except the body is badly burned. There is no evidence of trauma, and no evidence of strangulation so how can they assume strangulation? What is that they are supposed to assume absence any evidence of such a thing occurring?

I agree with your point. I also think it is important for them to attempt to determine the cause of death without sparing anyone, including the family. If she did something horrendous, she should pay for it. It shouldn't be sugar coated. I also feel uneasy when they say publicly that they "guess" it happened a certain way. It just makes me think about the trial and the field day her defense will be having with all of this.

This makes me wonder, if it is common for people to slip her a twenty and ask them to drop off mysterious containers?
If it was legit wouldn't she have dropped it off at the dump legally?
Makes you wonder what world she lived in that being asked to do dirty deeds for a simple $20 on Christmas Eve is a norm for her.
Would an average person do this kind of chore for someone else?
If so why didn't she see or smell a burned body?
How drunk do you have to be not to notice?
Unless somehow this wasn't that odd to her in the first place.

I could imagine she might be that type of person because she has a truck. I used to pay my brother in law money to take things to the dump for me, but I promise, there was never a body mixed in with those things!

Either way, her story doesn't add up to me.

"Not likely" always makes me nervous when a ME states that. It really means they don't know.

True. There has been many aricles........some saying he died by being burned with the torch and then some like the one you posted.

This is a chilling part of the link.......

Miller has interviewed hundreds of suspects in 14 years on the homicide squad but said he saw something in Nelson's eyes that he's only seen once before — in the gaze of an accused serial killer.

Chilling indeed, I'll bet the judge will take that to the bank.

Is it possible that Mr Miller will be able to use that to convict her?

I have MN tied to the body, I have MN tied to the crime scene, I have MN tied to the disposal.
I appear to be missing the part that ties MN to the childs home after the 1.45pm check by SD, this could be a legal stumbling block.

If I visit a bank, 30 minutes before it is robbed, and you find the robbery loot in my house, that doesn't make me the robber. It DOES mean I can be found guilty of after the fact involvement. But the dude that planned and did the robbery (my mate McGrabber) is still at large and free to rob the next bank.

Dec. 31, 2010

Burned carpet and twine that may have been used to tie the young boy's hands were found in Nelson's apartment. Nelson's welding equipment was also found at her apartment. Police think the welding equipment may have been used to burn the fifth grader's body.

"Once we arrived at her [Nelson's] house, we stumbled into a wealth of evidence, evidence that showed perhaps his body was burned at the residence, evidence that showed the items he was burned with, evidence that had us pretty shaken up in collecting it," Miller said.

Nelson admitted to being a welder, but not to being a murderer.

"I do have a cutting torch. I'm a welder. I would never do that," Nelson told KTRK.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mona-nelso...-foster-shes-monster/story?id=12514556&page=2

What else besides the cutting torch did she burn him with? Why more than one instrument/tool to burn him?

Here is a video about how an oxygen-acetelyn torch works. It might help with thinking about the smoke aspect, as well as how torches work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGmrPiumEU

At around 1:23 there's a view of how 'deep' the burning actually is & that's metal not flesh & bones..I honestly don't see how there could be anything left of poor J..Sorry for being so GRAPHIC! Now I'm gonna go get :sick:

Det. Miller has never looked into my eyes when I am "ticked" off especially if I was being accused of something I didn't do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin