GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jo was quite small and petite and sporty - I don't see her as being the pizza guzzling, cider swigging type, tbh unless she was planning to share it.

I think it is hard to say what type she is unless you personally know her and her habits.

I am a slim athlete and myself and many of my athletic buddies sometimes like nothing better than pigging out on the likes of pizza, burgers, fries, beer etc at the end of the week or after a long day out running, biking or whatever.

Joanna Yeates may have been killed by more than one person, the detective leading the murder hunt said, as he confirmed her landlord remains a suspect.

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones said one “hypothesis” is that an accomplice helped whoever strangled the landscape architect, adding that he was “not making any assumptions” about how the crime was committed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...have-been-killed-by-more-than-one-person.html

Yeah, there are loads of things that people are saying are weird which are things I do regularly. I live in a suburb with a few small supermarkets and a couple of off licences/greengrocers etc. I will regularly visit more than one and get things from different shops that I could have got in one. Did she definitely buy anything in Waitrose? Perhaps they didn't have any pizzas she fancied so she went elsewhere? Happens to me most times I go for a pizza!

Most of the time we go to the off licence for drinks when we could have got them from the supermarket... There's more choice, it's cheaper and there are usually offers on. Plus she bought cider... The small supermarkets are notorious for only stocking crappy cider such as magners/bulmers (cheap generic brands).

As for leaving the pub early.. she was with work friends, not her proper friends. We all know how it can be on work pub visits.. often it's people you're not that bothered about being out with but are all just there to be polite. I usually slip away from such dos a bit earlier than I usually would, and yes, I would also probably buy a drink on the way home for a lazy evening in.

I think you are spot on with all of that!

Also re: drinks with work friends, if she finished work at say 5/5.30, she was probably in the pub 10 minutes later. If I started drinking at that time, I wouldn't stay out the whole night. It's a long time to be drinking so I can see why she would want to head off home early.

I am 5'4" at 120 lbs. I cannot eat a lot in one sitting, but in the US, almost EVERYTHING comes in big portions, insert eye-roll here, lol. Therefore, I always assume whatever I get, I will have leftovers the next day. Or sometimes, I'll buy more than one of something to have for another time that week or month.

It's very possible that that pizza and ciders were intended for her and her flat only.

I just wish the Police would give us more information ie such as what clothes she was wearing when they found her body ?? Had she got changed ?? Did they find the rucksack ? What was in the rucksack ? I did notice in the original CCTV footage released from her visit to Tesco that she had 2 carrier bags in her right hand, one was white & the other was black - the black bag contained the 2 bottles of cider, but what did the white bag contain ?? I dont think she did get a lift on the way home purely because she kept the rucksack on her back, if you were getting a lift surely you would leave it in the car or just take out what you need ie purse, keys etc ... ?? Maybe the phone call to RS was to say i'm on my way home, where are you ?? As RS travelled back ?? Maybe they had already arranged the meet earlier in the week ?? Could it be possible that RS is gay ?? Maybe she was jealous of Gregg ??

I am 5'4" at 120 lbs. I cannot eat a lot in one sitting, but in the US, almost EVERYTHING comes in big portions, insert eye-roll here, lol. Therefore, I always assume whatever I get, I will have leftovers the next day. Or sometimes, I'll buy more than one of something to have for another time that week or month.

It's very possible that that pizza and ciders were intended for her and her flat only.

I'm 27, 5"6 and 125lb... I would quite happily buy a pizza and two ciders and have it all in the one evening. I thought that was pretty standard!

Edit - not standard as in I would do it every night! But for the odd night in, sure.

I think you are spot on with all of that!

Also re: drinks with work friends, if she finished work at say 5/5.30, she was probably in the pub 10 minutes later. If I started drinking at that time, I wouldn't stay out the whole night. It's a long time to be drinking so I can see why she would want to head off home early.

I dont think that her or Gregg had been in work that day, they had been for lunch that afternoon in the other local pub they usually visited, the order of the day certainly doesnt make sense, especially with Gregg having to drive at least 3hrs to Sheffield ?? Personally i cant see why he didnt plan to go Sheffield on the Saturday, that way he could of been at the drink up with the work colleagues ??

I dont think that her or Gregg had been in work that day, they had been for lunch that afternoon in the other local pub they usually visited, the order of the day certainly doesnt make sense, especially with Gregg having to drive at least 3hrs to Sheffield ?? Personally i cant see why he didnt plan to go Sheffield on the Saturday, that way he could of been at the drink up with the work colleagues ??

Oh I hadn't heard that about her not being at work.

It's quite a trek from Bristol to Sheffield though. I do a trek from the Midlands down to south of London quite regularly to visit family and would always favour going on a Friday over a Saturday just to make it more worthwhile. That said, my boyfriend prefers to go a saturday over a Friday as he can't be bothered on a Friday after work. I guess it is personal preference.

Oh I hadn't heard that about her not being at work.

It's quite a trek from Bristol to Sheffield though. I do a trek from the Midlands down to south of London quite regularly to visit family and would always favour going on a Friday over a Saturday just to make it more worthwhile. That said, my boyfriend prefers to go a saturday over a Friday as he can't be bothered on a Friday after work. I guess it is personal preference.

Same here. I live about three hours from my family home and would always go up on a Friday, otherwise you're just getting there and then you have to leave. I certainly wouldn't let a work pub trip get in the way.

Not sure about the not being at work on Friday thing. Doesn't make any sense at all. If GR wasn't working that Friday why on Earth not head off for Sheffield earlier.

jmo

Not sure about the not being at work on Friday thing. Doesn't make any sense at all. If GR wasn't working that Friday why on Earth not head off for Sheffield earlier.

jmo

Agree. But not sure where this was printed.

Joanna Yeates: Police not ruling out multiple killers

Police are not ruling out the possibility that more than one person was involved in the murder of Joanna Yeates or that her killing was sexually motivated, it emerged today.

Detectives also said Yeates' landlord, Chris Jefferies, remains a suspect over the death of the 25-year-old landscape architect.
---
[Detective Chief Inspector Phil] Jones said: "I can assure you we are determined to solve this crime and bring Jo's killers to justice."

Asked later about his use of "killers" rather than "killer", Jones said the use of the plural emphasised that he was not making any assumptions but was keeping an "open mind".
---
A police spokeswoman said officers had seized the bins from Yeates' flat on December 20 and the rest of the street on December 23.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/03/joanna-yeates-police-multiple-killers

Agree. But not sure where this was printed.

Yesterday it emerged the young couple had a final pub lunch just hours before Jo went missing. They shared a bowl of cheesy chips and drank Coke at the Hope and Anchor gastropub a mile from their flat in Clifton.

Barman Jack Carrington, 23, said: "They came in at 12.30pm. It was really busy so they sat in a corner for about 20 minutes."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...tes-murder-suspect.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

(Read Side Column)

Yesterday it emerged the young couple had a final pub lunch just hours before Jo went missing. They shared a bowl of cheesy chips and drank Coke at the Hope and Anchor gastropub a mile from their flat in Clifton.

Barman Jack Carrington, 23, said: "They came in at 12.30pm. It was really busy so they sat in a corner for about 20 minutes."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...tes-murder-suspect.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

(Read Side Column)

This just means they had a pub lunch - not that they were not working that day, imo.

This just means they had a pub lunch - not that they were not working that day, imo.

Yes you could be right, but i seem to get the impression they werent working that day - still if the police were to give us a bit more information about the events prior to the evening get together/jumpstart maybe we will be able to build a much bigger & better picture of the events about to unfold ??

The pizza was a Tesco 'finest' - quite a posh pizza & the one I'd choose as a veggie (saving a slice for the next day if I couldn't eat it in one sitting).

I wouldn't even consider her friend (or a female) as a suspect. While Swansea uni broke up officially on 17 Dec most students would leave earlier in the week (as soon as their coursework was handed in etc). Also, due to the (widely forecasted) exceptionally heavy snowfall on the night of 16 Dec in Wales, there's no way anyone would hang around in Swansea and try to get back east on 17 Dec - the weather was simply terrible. I live half way between Swansea & Bristol and was due to work in Bristol on 17-19. Because the bad weather was forecast I cancelled working in Bristol that weekend - I wouldn't have got from Cardiff to Bristol on 17. There were 5 hour tailbacks on the M4 between Cardiff and Bristol (though heading west, not as bad eastbound, but still bad) and the weather in Wales was much worse than over the border in England.

Also, regarding the phonecall, perhaps JY made a handsfree call to her friend. This would explain her smiling/looking animated when she walked into Bargain Booze. Do we know the chronology of her shop visits - did she definitely visit BB last or was that simply the last piece of CCTV film to be released? JMO.

TDo we know the chronology of her shop visits - did she definitely visit BB last or was that simply the last piece of CCTV film to be released? JMO.

This is as near as I can find to the chronology of the shop visits:

Her route home was quickly established. Detectives found CCTV footage capturing her at Waitrose, a five minute walk from the Ram. They also obtained CCTV footage from the off-licence, the Bargain Booze store, where she bought cider.

Police established that Yeates then went to Tesco in Clifton and bought a pizza. CCTV footage shows her standing at the till, apparently alone. Yeates left Tesco at around 8.40pm and would have reached home in Canynge Road five minutes later. Police know she got there because they found the Tesco receipt in the flat, but not the pizza nor its packaging.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/28/joanna-yeates-may-have-known-killer

Also, regarding the phonecall, perhaps JY made a handsfree call to her friend. This would explain her smiling/looking animated when she walked into Bargain Booze. Do we know the chronology of her shop visits - did she definitely visit BB last or was that simply the last piece of CCTV film to be released? JMO.

I'm not too sure about the handsfree phone call ?? but she was definitely smiling about something ?? just as though someone had just dropped some exciting surprising news ?? Maybe it was RS had just told her she was coming to visit her ??

I think Bargain Booze was the 2nd stop on the way home ?? Waitrose/Bargain Booze/Tesco ??

_50638464_jo_yeates_4bristol464.jpg

I noticed that BBC timeline which is the first to include reported times for Bargain Booze and which is in conflict with another timeline the BBC has printed here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12109085

She buys a pizza at a Tesco Express about a quarter of a mile from her flat and then visits a nearby Bargain Booze off-licence to pick up some cider.

While it has been reported she visited Tesco at 8:40 then Bargain Booze in that order the exact time she was in Bargain Booze has not been typically been reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288