2011.01.06 Baez Slapped with Formal Sanction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
Seems Judge Perry is putting his foot down:

"Chief Judge Belvin Perry today filed his written order hitting attorney Jose Baez with a sanction for a "willful violation" of an earlier court order to turn over expert witness discovery information to the prosecution.

As a result, Baez will have to pay $583.73 in prosecutor's "attorney's fees" and provide written reports for all expert witnesses."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-jose-baez-sanction-order-20110106,0,2881376.story

So, will this have any impact on how the defense moves forward? Do you think the stalling on handing over these documents is due to incompetence or does the defense really have nothing?

tee hee :loser:

Thankful to see the wheels of justice finally turning in FL for Caylee.

I think we'll finally see if the defense actually has a case. My guess is most expert testimony will try to knock a lot of the evidence, as we've read, as "junk science." Personally, I don't see anything the defense comes up with getting past the 31 days...that to me is the nail in the coffin right there.

First step...Formal Sanction
Second Step...Disbarred

One can only hope...

What can I say besides......

................:skip: ......... :skip: ........... :skip:

Mr. Baez shall have five days to contest the amount; otherwise, this order will become final and Mr. Baez shall deliver the check, made payable to the 'State of Florida' to assistant state attorney Jeff Ashton within seven days.

MY FAVORITE PART OF THE LINK:rocker:

"Chief Judge Belvin Perry today filed his written order hitting attorney Jose Baez with a sanction for a "willful violation" of an earlier court order to turn over expert witness discovery information to the prosecution.

As a result, Baez will have to pay $583.73 in prosecutor's "attorney's fees" and provide written reports for all expert witnesses."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-jose-baez-sanction-order-20110106,0,2881376.story

So, will this have any impact on how the defense moves forward? Do you think the stalling on handing over these documents is due to incompetence or does the defense really have nothing?

Well the :waiting: is over

:gthanks:

I liked it when I heard it, I like it even more now that I read it in the form of an Order by the Chief Judge :gavel:

:cupcake: anyone? :giggle:

Well the :waiting: is over

:gthanks:

I liked it when I heard it, I like it even more now that I read it in the form of an Order by the Chief Judge :gavel:

:cupcake: anyone? :giggle:

Did you mention "cake"? Yes please!

I also giggled at the 10 days Baez has from the date of the order to have his expert canine report done. Guess there was no mind meld for the SA/Defense before 3PM that day.

Mr. Baez shall have five days to contest the amount; otherwise, this order will become final and Mr. Baez shall deliver the check, made payable to the 'State of Florida' to assistant state attorney Jeff Ashton within seven days.

"Baez has to provide the court with a copy of the check."

Baez, you have not only lost Judge Perry's respect, you have also lost his trust.

Good luck working with *that.*

"bout time.:woohoo:

Hello Mr. Baez.
6.gif

:cow:moo:innocent:

I noticed the article said the defense and prosecution had come to an 'agreement' about when the expert's reports were to be in. JB has 20 days for some and 10 days for one of them. I wish they hadn't given JB so much time, I am sure he is going to file a motion saying he shouldn't have to comply with the judge's ruling.

I bet it's really going to chap JB's @$$ to hand over a check of his own $$$ over to the state.

I FREAKING love it!!!!!!!!
:great::great::great::great:

Well his house is in foreclosure, his income is only $3 per hour- I wonder if he'll have to go over to Amscot and get a pay day advance in order to pay JAshton? The irony would be very rich indeed..

I noticed the article said the defense and prosecution had come to an 'agreement' about when the expert's reports were to be in. JB has 20 days for some and 10 days for one of them. I wish they hadn't given JB so much time, I am sure he is going to file a motion saying he shouldn't have to comply with the judge's ruling.

I believe he said as much yesterday. You know, for an attorney who can't open his mouth without the words "I don't anticipate any problems..." spilling forth, he has a remarkable way of running into problems.

Talk about a picture being worth 1,000 words... thank you once again Red Huber for your masterful (and always legally-compliant) work with the telephoto lens!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-baez-sanction-order-20110106,0,3430840.story

Embarrassing to say the least. This is real Court time, not play. The e-mail he sent to the state re the witnesses was beyond juvenile. It is hard to believe he would do this knowing that we have a Judge on this case who has repeatedly said he wants professionalism.

I shall once again refrain on my opinion of Mr. Baez.

Where did you find a written report by HHJP?

Well his house is in foreclosure, his income is only $3 per hour- I wonder if he'll have to go over to Amscot and get a pay day advance in order to pay JAshton? The irony would be very rich indeed..

Well, he could sell his fancy new iPad......

Did you mention "cake"? Yes please!

I also giggled at the 10 days Baez has from the date of the order to have his expert canine report done. Guess there was no mind meld for the SA/Defense before 3PM that day.

Would you also like some bubbly with that?

DH went out and bought 4 bottles last week...ya never know when you need to crack open a bottle of Spumante!

Je suis tres heureux..
A great way to start off the evening...especially since it's almost time to leave and then meet people for dinner to help stimulate the economy and help to keep privately run businesses and their owners afloat.

OMG, Baez looks like that one student who didn't do anything all semester and decided to do all the work in a few nights before deadline or better yet don't do it all and then think that he could skate on his obligations.

To Baez, it is real world time, man!!! Poor Casey, she thought that procuring your services would be her greatest defense but it seems that you are not. Stop daydreaming and mentally partying with the idea that this case is going to make you. Sorry to say that it is apparent to the whole world now that it will be your unmistakable undoing. Yikes.

Caylee's truth will always shine through. Thank the Lord for us dear baby girl for sending such a "competent" person to defend your mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni