TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, most of the people want TES to search... but maybe LE does not, and that is the difference.
I am going to say this, and I know I will get slapped down, but due to the circus that went on during the Caylee Anthony and Haleigh Cummings searches, this LE may not trust Tim Miller. And it may not be their decision alone... local politics has a lot to do with it, possibly.
I highly respect Tim and what he does, and I think they should allow TES to help. But he damaged his reputation and credibility with some by getting so heavily involved in those two cases to the point of trying to do their job... arranging LVA and LDT's for Misty, etc. and a lot of LE agencies may not want them involved for that reason, they just don't want that kind of thing happening here.
That's not MY personal opinion, but it could be a very big reason why TES has not been allowed to come in. Mark Klass addressed this issue some time back on NG, and at that time, I was angry at him for being so blunt... but he very well may have been right.
As far as I'm concerned, they should let them search, but the decision isn't ours to make, it's up to whoever is in charge of the investigation.
Now, go ahead and throw rotten tomatoes at me... I'm not in total agreement with it, just saying this is a possible reason.

Tim Miller never was arrested for interfering with an open investigation ,IMO he was given an okay from someone in LE and was a fall guy when the you know what hit the fan.

a) There is another missing child case that has hinged on drug busts of several of the major "players." Perhaps that is what LE had in mind when they arrested the father...that this might be used for "leverage" purposes.

b) This was pre-"eyes closed" searches. Perhaps the officer who found the pot is a stickler for the law and was merely following normal procedure prior to being given authority to overlook certain things.

c) Perhaps the officer who found the pot (and his superiors who make such decisions) decided that if they "looked the other way," it would be leaked to the media, and there would be a public outcry.

d) Perhaps LE felt that if they DID overlook the pot and it was later determined that the father was in some way involved with the disappearance, this could undermine their case.
I truly believe that the weed would have been overlooked has there NOT BEEN an outstanding warrant. Period.

What THAT warrant was for is still a mystery. This arrest (after she went missing mind you) needs to be ruled in or ruled out and put to rest.

MB and "frienemies" need to be ruled in or ruled out. MB's mom is quoted as saying the one time she let MB spend the night at Hailey's she found out the girls went out and were roaming the streets. She immediately nixed that. (I would have too.) But what that says is that these girls were schemers and not as "innocent" as we think. But what teenager isn't nowadays?

ITA that TM should be allowed to search. Hailey AND FINDING HER is the main objective that is still getting lost in all this carp!

czgtz - First of all I am not rabid anymore. Now you found me out. Yes, I am a number runner or "Bean Counter".

Thank you, quite informative. I was hoping that the news reporters would interview people that might actually help.

Any specific roadblocks (points) you would like us to concentrate on as far as everything is concerned.

Thanks
See lurkers? Here's proof of what I've said elsewhere: We don't bite...ur...we've had our shots. So come on in and put your .02 into the mix. Fresh brains = fresh ideas.

I am just wondering if theres anybody missing from town, all of sudden like, whether the excuse for departure was a job, extended vist someplace, etc.

Yes, most of the people want TES to search... but maybe LE does not, and that is the difference.
I am going to say this, and I know I will get slapped down, but due to the circus that went on during the Caylee Anthony and Haleigh Cummings searches, this LE may not trust Tim Miller. And it may not be their decision alone... local politics has a lot to do with it, possibly.
I highly respect Tim and what he does, and I think they should allow TES to help. But he damaged his reputation and credibility with some by getting so heavily involved in those two cases to the point of trying to do their job... arranging LVA and LDT's for Misty, etc. and a lot of LE agencies may not want them involved for that reason, they just don't want that kind of thing happening here.
That's not MY personal opinion, but it could be a very big reason why TES has not been allowed to come in. Mark Klass addressed this issue some time back on NG, and at that time, I was angry at him for being so blunt... but he very well may have been right.
As far as I'm concerned, they should let them search, but the decision isn't ours to make, it's up to whoever is in charge of the investigation.
Now, go ahead and throw rotten tomatoes at me... I'm not in total agreement with it, just saying this is a possible reason.
Hi TL2.:seeya: ♥Happy New Year♥ ITA!!!!!!!

Forgive if this has been answered in previous threads.

Where is Hailey's mother's cell phone now?

It was said in earlier reports that both the mom's and boyfriends phones had been taken by LE. I'm assuming they probably have them back or else LE still has them.

I don't think they want TES for a reason. I would like to see TES go to Colorado City and fly their planes, ride their horses, and swim those lakes. I want as many people there as possible. And not because I believe they will find her out in the fields or in the water. But, because it will be more like a statement to whoever has Hailey that you picked the wrong person to mess with and you do need to bring her back.

BD sure has some SUPER-MOM support- Redcat & czgtz... you amaze me.

FB, HD website, and all other media, are just the vehicles.
You my dear SUPER-MOMS are the drivers.
Thank You

Please note that Tricia will not be allowing donation information about this case on the forum.

There is nothing hinky about it - she simply cannot endorse donations as a rule. She feels that she would need to check out each donation fund herself in every case and that isn't something she is able to do. Every once in awhile she will endorse a donation - but it is usually TES or an organization through Marc Klaas or an individual member doing a task for Websleuths, as in retrieving documents on a trial.

She doesn't want to seem like a big meanie, but the risks outweigh the benefits.

I truly believe that the weed would have been overlooked has there NOT BEEN an outstanding warrant. Period.

What THAT warrant was for is still a mystery. This arrest (after she went missing mind you) needs to be ruled in or ruled out and put to rest.

Since the article says he had an arrest for marijuana possession a year ago in Snyder, which is in Scurry County, the warrant could just be for him missing a court date or something in connection with that. If the warrant were for something major he probably would have been tracked down and arrested earlier.

On 1 of the 1st NG videos which I have to go and watch again, didn't BD say
'she belongs to Clint and me, we jus want her back'.........(my words)
did she then think she knew that someone else she knows may have her???

This simply baffles me - how could one ever effect a runaway living in C-City? There is no way out....no buses, no transit, nothing. Hitch hiking maybe but if any reputable person picked up a young 13 year old they would have come forward by now.

Is Hailey still in C-City somewhere .... really hoping for a break in this case. How about a press conference for what is known/not known at this point.

I got say it. I not happy with Garcia statement since day one it was something in tone of it. JMO I really hope she is check out.

Right now IT SA word against Garcia....

This simply baffles me - how could one ever effect a runaway living in C-City? There is no way out....no buses, no transit, nothing. Hitch hiking maybe but if any reputable person picked up a young 13 year old they would have come forward by now.

Is Hailey still in C-City somewhere .... really hoping for a break in this case. How about a press conference for what is known/not known at this point.
BBM
That's the scary part...If any disreputable person....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752