GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know .... this is driving me mad this murder investigation - but ive got to be honest & say the only thing that has made any sense throughout all 3 of these threads on Joanna's murder is the possibility she wasnt murdered until Gregg returned on the Sunday evening ?? The 4hr gap etc .... Its the only logical reason why his alibi is so strong, yet he's got away with it coz the police believe she was killed on the Friday ?? The landlord & neighbours may well be weird, gay, crossdressers or whatever they like, but this is the theory i'm going with.

Bernard the cat was probably a witness to the murder. Shame cats can't talk. I expect he'd react in a certain way, though, eg cower in a dark corner, if the murderer were to come through the door again. Or perhaps a wax model would be enough.....I'm tired, I'm going to bed.

Somebody earlier was discussing the layout of the flat.
A lot about this I find confusing, so I'm not going to claim to know the geography properly.
But I'll just this thought, which has been running through my mind:
We know that the doors to JY's flat are completely distinct from the landlord's entry, which is the other side. But I have spent a lot of time wondering whether the flat may be laid out such that there is a staircase such that, from JY's flat, one could access the landlord's quarters without going outside the building. The sort of arrangement such that there is a door blocking off the top of old stairs rather than a wall, meaning that one could accept a friendly invitation to pop up and...
... well, you get the idea.

If the parents had been called by Greg late at night after his call to the police, I suppose, with hindsight, it would always be quicker for the parents to form the conclusion of abduction. The inverse would have been true if they had arrived home first and Greg had been called at midnight.

Its quite possible that there was no real difference other than the fact that by that time it was midnight....

Quite so.

Bernard the cat was probably a witness to the murder. Shame cats can't talk. I expect he'd react in a certain way, though, eg cower in a dark corner, if the murderer were to come through the door again. Or perhaps a wax model would be enough.....I'm tired, I'm going to bed.

I should send my cat 'Twinkle' over to the flat at once to try & translate, she's very talkative & i can usually make out what she's saying - however she's not that used to boy cats, hopefully Bernard will be like a total gentleman.

I should send my cat 'Twinkle' over to the flat at once to try & translate, she's very talkative & i can usually make out what she's saying - however she's not that used to boy cats, hopefully Bernard will be like a total gentleman.

My late cat Osbert would have solved this one by now, if I do say so myself.

You have almost certainly seen the sock, so make your decision!
The sock in the news conference is likely to have been the one found on Jo.

I was under the impression the sock shown was one similar to the one Jo wore. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/murder-victim-joanna-yeates-sock-missing-2176527.html
So no, I haven't seen it. Sorry if I'm being daft.

*Re. Glenis Carruthers murder in 1974: is there anyone who would fit the description of her killer that whose age and description fit loosely to someone who is still around today? "Fit loosely' because it's very easy to misjudge the height or age of people. Especially in the dark, from a distance, etc.

The A&S Police site says: "The witness described the man as white, between 20 to 25 years old; around 5ft 10inches tall in height, medium build, with brown shoulder length hair. He was wearing a three-quarter length coat and a denim type cap."

--- That was a rhetorical question, as I thought the possibility was blood-chilling.

I think the police now more than they disclosed. I hope they get whoever did it.

I dont know .... this is driving me mad this murder investigation - but ive got to be honest & say the only thing that has made any sense throughout all 3 of these threads on Joanna's murder is the possibility she wasnt murdered until Gregg returned on the Sunday evening ?? The 4hr gap etc .... Its the only logical reason why his alibi is so strong, yet he's got away with it coz the police believe she was killed on the Friday ?? The landlord & neighbours may well be weird, gay, crossdressers or whatever they like, but this is the theory i'm going with.

For a long time all my money was on Greg. Now, while some of it is, most is spread elsewhere.
I'll just address this quote of yours though:
The 4hr gap etc .... Its the only logical reason why his alibi is so strong, yet he's got away with it coz the police believe she was killed on the Friday ??
You have at least to consider that another "logical reason why his alibi is so strong" may because the murder was on Friday, he was elsewhere and, um, that he wasn't the murderer.
We have to be open-minded and prepared to change our view, depending on which facts fit best.

The difficulty with this case is that there are lots and lots of strange things.
It's strange that Greg says "Happy New Year" to his dead girlfriend in one of his statement. It's strange that PS contradicts himself. It's strange that men go sledging at night. It's strange that girls leave the conviviality of a pub do early and then straightaway look for company. It's strange that a murder looks likely to have happened a few hundred yards away from another similar one. It's strange that a boyfriend doesn't contact mutual friends when their girlfriend hasn't contacted him for 48 hours and is found not to be home. It's strange that parents say "Welcome home" to their murdered child and express their primary emotion as "relief". And so on and so forth.

The thing is, some of these strange things won't be resolved by the eventual solution to the crime [if we ever come to it]. It will always be like a carpet that doesn't quite fit a room and whichever walls it ends up next to there will be odd floorboards showing. And some of what all this shows is that ... even when it's not down to murder, people do and say weird things.
It is, indeed, a funny old world.
I'll bid you all goodnight with the second stanza of Louis MacNeice's Snow, which encapsulates the way that this is core to our existence better than I can:

World is crazier and more of it than we think,
Incorrigibly plural. I peel and portion
A tangerine and spit the pips and feel
The drunkenness of things being various.

Couldn't sleep, thinking about felines.

Serious point this time.

After arriving home, Jo would have picked up and stroked her cat - she'd have Bernard's hairs/ DNA all over her.

And so would the murderer.

And so would the vehicle in which her body was transported.

I wonder if Forensics have been looking for Bernard's cat hairs/DNA in the vehicles etc they've been inspecting?

I'll bid you all goodnight with the second stanza of Louis MacNeice's Snow, which encapsulates the way that this is core to our existence better than I can:

World is crazier and more of it than we think,
Incorrigibly plural. I peel and portion
A tangerine and spit the pips and feel
The drunkenness of things being various.

"MacNeice?" A drowsing wfgodot rouses himself. "A weird and thrilling romp, 'Bagpipe Music.'"

John MacDonald found a corpse, put it under the sofa,
Waited till it came to life and hit it with a poker,
Sold its eyes for souvenirs, sold its blood for whiskey,
Kept its bones for dumbbells to use when he was fifty.

God knows what my former students would say about me, a la Mr Jefferies, having taught that poem. "He was staring in to space, in love with death" etc. etc.

I wonder if Forensics have been looking for Bernard's cat hairs/DNA in the vehicles etc they've been inspecting?

I'd hope so. I'd think so. I do give them that much credit. (I think.)

It's strange that parents say "Welcome home" to their murdered child and express their primary emotion as "relief". And so on and so forth.

Yet again, so many more & more strange things ??? Even when she had been missing just a few days the family & bf seemed to have already resigned themselves to the fact she wasnt going to be coming back alive, by speaking in past tense etc ... "just give us our Jo back, whether she's dead or alive"

Thats why i said before i wondered if the abductors had left some sort of motto in the flat ?? Maybe the family/Jo/Gregg had links with the criminal world & she was taken as like an instalment ?? Like Ku Klux Klan ?? Not that i know what i'm talking about here, but just summising.

God knows what my former students would say about me, a la Mr Jefferies, having taught that poem. "He was staring in to space, in love with death" etc. etc.

Just how many of us here are (former) English teachers, I wonder?
I reckon my former students would have a lot to say about me along these lines, too. Then someone would bring up my medical records and there'd be worse.

I remember in one of the previous threads somebody posted something like a 'Character List' for those new joining etc... , theres so many people involved in this now even i cant keep up with it, any chance of somebody knocking another one up so we all know what the LE , LL , JY etc ... all stand for ??

thanks

Yet again, so many more & more strange things ??? Even when she had been missing just a few days the family & bf seemed to have already resigned themselves to the fact she wasnt going to be coming back alive, by speaking in past tense etc ... "just give us our Jo back, whether she's dead or alive"

I think the "welcome back" and "relief" were in the sense of expressing their love for Jo and something along the lines of "thank God we found her". Uncertainty kills - is she dead, alive, suffering, if she left of her own accord, was it something we did or didn't do...

I think Jo's father said somewhere they were told to prepare for the worst, hence the use of past tense on the part of Jo's parents.

I can't even imagine what it must be like for the family. I keep them in my thoughts.

The Express has this new claim in re: suspension bridge cctv:

POOR CCTV FILM MAY LET JOANNA YEATES KILLER ESCAPE

The Joanna Yeates murder inquiry is being hampered by poor quality CCTV footage, it was claimed last night.

Fears are growing that the grainy images from Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol may allow Joanna’s killer to slip through the net.

The bridge across the Avon Gorge is a notorious suicide spot and is scanned constantly by 32 CCTV cameras.

It lies on the only direct route between Joanna’s home and the spot where her body was discovered.

Detectives had hoped the cameras would provide a vital clue to help trap the killer.

But it is thought lights along the bridge at night make it impossible to identify grainy images of cars and pedestrians. A police source said “up to one fifth” of the footage examined so far was “not as clear as it could be”.

the rest at link above

I remember in one of the previous threads somebody posted something like a 'Character List' for those new joining etc... , theres so many people involved in this now even i cant keep up with it, any chance of somebody knocking another one up so we all know what the LE , LL , JY etc ... all stand for ??

thanks
LE - Law Enforcement
LL - LandLord
JY - Jo(anna) Yeates
GR - Greg Reardon (JY's boyfriend)
LP, Lorp - Lawrence Penney (tennant from next door)
PS - Peter Stanley, Landlord of LP/Lorp
CJ - Chris Jeffries aka LL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members