An intruder like Col. Russell Williams?

Mary

Reaction score
I've followed the JBR case since Christmas 1996 when it was first reported on the local Colorado news. My first immediate reaction was: "What? Why are they showing a picture of a glitzy 20-year-old woman with a story about a little girl?" And my friend said, "No, that's her. She's 6." But my brain just had to really work to believe it. And then came the part about her being found in the basement several hours after the kidnapping, and again, my brain rebelled. It was not some sort of cynical reaction -- at least not for the first few minutes. It was more like seeing an elephant falling from the sky heading right for me and not being able to even compute how to react. The whole thing was beyond unbelievable.

Over the years, I have come to think that no one could ever possibly be shown, beyond a reasonable doubt, to be responsible, largely because of all the police errors on that first day. But I can understand how those errors happened, because I think it must have been something like that for them as well. The mind just balks at the unreasonableness of the entire situation. I have gone around in circles a lot, because I do respect Lou Smit's years of investigative success, but I have always thought the most likely scenario is that one or more of the family were involved in her death. One reason being that, across many years of following true crime, I'd never heard of an intruder who could be compared to one who could have or would have committed this crime.

And then came Canadian Col. Russell Williams. Snuck into and out of houses, sometimes many times into the same house, completely undetected. Residents didn't even know he'd been in their houses, although he'd been stealing panties while there and spending a lot of time in both the houses and the panties. He has now been convicted and sentenced as a sadistic sexual serial killer. His known victims were women, but he was also at least watching and fantasizing about little girls. I am not suggesting he killed JBR, but I never heard of anyone whose actions included so many elements so similar to this case. So my logical reasoning that no intruder does a crime like the JBR murder has pretty much been shown to be faulty.

Here is a link to a very thorough news story. What do you all think? Does it cause you to consider that there might be more than one of these kinds of freaks in the world? IDI seems not entirely impossible -- to me -- now that I know about this guy.

:waitasec:

I've followed the JBR case since Christmas 1996 when it was first reported on the local Colorado news. My first immediate reaction was: "What? Why are they showing a picture of a glitzy 20-year-old woman with a story about a little girl?" And my friend said, "No, that's her. She's 6." But my brain just had to really work to believe it. And then came the part about her being found in the basement several hours after the kidnapping, and again, my brain rebelled. It was not some sort of cynical reaction -- at least not for the first few minutes. It was more like seeing an elephant falling from the sky heading right for me and not being able to even compute how to react. The whole thing was beyond unbelievable.

Over the years, I have come to think that no one could ever possibly be shown, beyond a reasonable doubt, to be responsible, largely because of all the police errors on that first day. But I can understand how those errors happened, because I think it must have been something like that for them as well. The mind just balks at the unreasonableness of the entire situation. I have gone around in circles a lot, because I do respect Lou Smit's years of investigative success, but I have always thought the most likely scenario is that one or more of the family were involved in her death. One reason being that, across many years of following true crime, I'd never heard of an intruder who could be compared to one who could have or would have committed this crime.

And then came Canadian Col. Russell Williams. Snuck into and out of houses, sometimes many times into the same house, completely undetected. Residents didn't even know he'd been in their houses, although he'd been stealing panties while there and spending a lot of time in both the houses and the panties. He has now been convicted and sentenced as a sadistic sexual serial killer. His known victims were women, but he was also at least watching and fantasizing about little girls. I am not suggesting he killed JBR, but I never heard of anyone whose actions included so many elements so similar to this case. So my logical reasoning that no intruder does a crime like the JBR murder has pretty much been shown to be faulty.

Here is a link to a very thorough news story. What do you all think? Does it cause you to consider that there might be more than one of these kinds of freaks in the world? IDI seems not entirely impossible -- to me -- now that I know about this guy.

Interesting. And freaky deeky.

Did he ever leave any kind of writings or rambling ransom notes in the houses he entered and exited?

I never thought it was unbelievable for a stranger to sneak into the house,who was watching JonBenet ,waited until she returned and then did what he/she did.
Such evil exists everywhere without a doubt.It was much more believable to me then the parents did it.I believed it was an intruder for a long time before I really started getting into the case.Then I thought it must be someone close to them when I read more and noticed how much the perp. knew about them
Now after reading all the Ramsey interviews and "Death of innocence",the Ramsey's convinced me it was one of them.And the Ramsey's are the only ones that stand between me and the IDI theory.

Mary,

Yes I followed his case since he had UK link. He is a typical serial killer who has escalated his predatory behaviour. But he makes the usual mistakes e.g. he leaves his victims bodies at locations close to where either he or the victim lived, and shows no respect for the deceased at all.

He is the predator type Lou Smit was invoking in his intruder theory right down to the torture and abuse of his victims including theft of their underwear e.g. size-12's or size-6's.

There are some critical differences though. We know the wine-cellar is a staged crime scene and that the size-12's were returned later by the parents, leaving only the size-6's missing. Also JonBenet's body was not removed from her house and disrespectfully relocated away from the house. And most importantly Russell Williams left forensic evidence e.g. semen DNA at most of his house visits, not to mention the fiber and skin deposits made when he photographed himself in female underwear.

In the JonBenet case there is ZERO forensic evidence linking or matching to any known person, that is no foreign hairs, semen, fibers, sweat cells, blood droplets/stains etc, were found at the crime scene.

I agree, I have not completely eliminatated the idea that IDI.

But this was a horrible violent crime. I just can't imagine an intruder could leave no forensic evidence except a tiny bit of touch DNA.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back