GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting development (for me anyway) discovering that another female was resident at no.44 - so much talk of the males in the area, I hadn't thought about it really. I wonder if JY considered the gf a friend with whom to hang out.
jmo

but she didnt take the cider. I can see your scenario but....we just dont know anything about this guy...I dont think the normal response to rejection is murder...now obviously whoever did this is NOT normal, but.....why not take her body to her flat? least likely to get caught that way as opposed to moving it to where it was.

eta actually he wouldnt have the keys...then again she didnt either?
im thinking he didnt mean to kill her moved the body in panic maybe but your right some things still unexplained as yet

Is anyone else having doubts (little itsy bitsy ones) that MUA might not be the perp?

Particularly as CJ is still considered a suspect, among other reasons.

but she didnt take the cider. I can see your scenario but....we just dont know anything about this guy...I dont think the normal response to rejection is murder...now obviously whoever did this is NOT normal, but.....why not take her body to her flat? least likely to get caught that way as opposed to moving it to where it was.

eta actually he wouldnt have the keys...then again she didnt either?

maybe he wanted to buy himself some time, not sure when he planned his trip back home, but maybe he didn't want a murder enquiry to stand in his way? Perhaps he did store her at this other address where the tenant was in Chile, and then dumped her on his way to the airport? ......

Is anyone else having doubts (little itsy bitsy ones) that MUA might not be the perp?

Particularly as CJ is still considered a suspect.

well I guess we know little about him, but I'm not 'feeling it' for some reason.... but then I have been totally blinkered :blushing:

Hahahaha thanks!!! I couldnt find it anywhere! I wonder what the bin suggests then??? Maybe the pizza was thrown into it? Surely the body wouldn't have been placed in here? ( sorry to be graphic or offend)

The bike also puzzles me?! What do you all think??! :waitasec:

I know that there was some talk here recently about a bike trail that followed Longwood Lane, but earlier on when the body was discovered I recall finding out somewhere that there is a bike trail in the woods which goes from the site where she was found towards the Clifton Bridge.

Here's a map

http://www.forestofavon.org.uk/out-and-about/cycle-routes/timberland-trail

I recall that Ian Huntley the Soham murderer was convicted for, amongst other evidence, having pollen specks under his car that matched pollen from plants specific region where the bodies were found. No pollen in the snow however so..... ?

ETA: I'm not suggesting anyone used a bike here in the way Huntley used a car (for that specific purpose), but knowledge of/travelling along a trail near the spot has the potential to be of interest if it were the case.

jmo

I know that there was some talk here recently about a bike trail that followed Longwood Lane, but earlier on when the body was discovered I recall finding out somewhere that there is a bike trail in the woods which goes from the site where she was found towards the Clifton Bridge.

Here's a map

http://www.forestofavon.org.uk/out-and-about/cycle-routes/timberland-trail

Thanks! Thats a brilliant find!!!!!!! Top sleuthing :great:

Very interesting!!! Will be good to know the facts once this is hopefully all finalised.

Also some brilliant theories on here, I think everyone involved should feel very proud at the evidence found! I hope justice for Jo and her family and friends can finally be achieved. This has been a truly harrowing case and I finally hope that answers can now be found. I am proud to have been involved in a forum which has shown a lot of respect for her loved ones and her resting memory.

Are the 3 pieces of DNA from 3 different people? is the bike relevant because a friend living there may have cycled round to the neighbours house that evening and he wasn't alone? Do they think a friend might have dumped the sock and pizza in the bin at Aberdeen rd.

Are the 3 pieces of DNA from 3 different people? is the bike relevant because a friend living there may have cycled round to the neighbours house that evening and he wasn't alone? Do they think a friend might have dumped the sock and pizza in the bin at Aberdeen rd.

Very good questions raised here!

I def think the perp did not act alone. To remove a body alone would have been very difficult not only in practical terms but also on an emotional level. The lack of evidence ( or lack of evidence published) shows that the murderer was a calculated person through and through. Justice for Joanna looks finally like it may be achieved. I am only sorry it has taken over a month for this to have been able. My only worry is the LE have panicked and yet again gotten the wrong suspect.

Thought I read that they had previously worked together and therefore she did know him so he may have invited her round on that friday hence all her outdoor wear still being in her own flat. She may have taken pizza with her. He then possibly made advances towards her and all went horribly wrong from there. Jmo

We would have to know for definate that MUAs GF was not there that evening before he is accused of murdering Jo on that evening and it has been confirmed many times by LE that she was killed in her flat or taken from her flat. There are now 2 offical suspects in this enquiry. CY could never be a witness now after he has been arrested as a suspect?

We would have to know for definate that MUAs GF was not there that evening before he is accused of murdering Jo on that evening and it has been confirmed many times by LE that she was killed in her flat or taken from her flat. There are now 2 offical suspects in this enquiry. CY could never be a witness now after he has been arrested as a suspect?

It would certainly be odd, the police asking CJ to appear for the prosecution giving evidence as to VT's movements.

I do still feel the whole thing is a bit of a mess.

If VT had caved in and confessed, would they have charged him yet?

Just viewed the house in Aberdeen Road on Google streetview.

That house has three grey bins outside, which would suggest it's seperated into three flats. Also the bottom flat has a large Manchester United flag in the window which probably isn't EW's, further supporting this theory of different flats.

Did NUA know someone else at this property other than EW. Her father stated that he did not know why NUA would be at her house!

Also, there is a light blue small MPV style car ,with roof bars, on the drive. In the dark, this could easily be construed as a light coloured 4 x 4 ...........

Yes, he can be a witness and can even be forced to be one. Sometimes when there are multiple arrests getting one of the lesser perps to turn Queens is the way they manage to nail the big fish.

Thought I read that they had previously worked together and therefore she did know him so he may have invited her round on that friday hence all her outdoor wear still being in her own flat. She may have taken pizza with her. He then possibly made advances towards her and all went horribly wrong from there. Jmo

Agreed. This was my leading theory earlier on in the case and it still is. It explains:
- no sign of forced entry
- coat/boots/personal items left in her flat
- pizza missing
- easy removal of body (out back entrance)

Neighbour: "Where's Greg? Oh, he's away? So is my GF. Hey, it's Friday night...let's have a quick drink of this nice wine I got as a Christmas gift from a client today."
JY: Well, just a quick one. Let me at least bring something. I was just about to pop this pizza in the oven. I'll bring that."

(Dialogue completely from my imagination!)

I'm with you there, Snoopster. No need to go for convoluted, farfetched theories when there's a nice simple scenario staring us in the face!

We would have to know for definate that MUAs GF was not there that evening.
Well, whether or not she was, she hasn't bailed on him yet; she's still a friend on fb, as is a male with the same last name as hers (relative?).

I'm having a hard time believing he might've made sexual advances towards JY, as some suggest. Maybe I'm just naive.

Surely by now, LE know if the DNA found on JY is a match to his?

No doubt we'll have answers from LE by the morning.

yeatestabak1.jpg

Tarpaulin around back of 44 Canynge Rd

http://swns.com/tarpaulin-put-around-jo-yeates-and-neighbour-vincent-tabaks-flats-201315.html

It's really hard to find a motive, it's not as if you accidentally strangle someone. There was no forced entry so it's not as if he was lying in wait. Did she see him doing something he shouldn't? in the garden maybe? Did he he then just walk in through her then unlocked door and decide to silence her?
It's a very odd case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member