Mysterious green substance falls from sky in Snyder, NY

georgiagirl

Opinionated Southern Belle
Reaction score
A mysterious greenish-yellow goo that fell from the sky has splattered homes in Snyder, N.Y., and triggered investigations by the FAA and the town's waste engineer.

MORE VIDEO

WATCH: Laser Hazards for Pilots' Landing Planes

WATCH: Fighter Jet Crash Caught on Tape

WATCH: Crashed Chopper, 7 Bodies Recovered
Most of the houses along Washington Highway and Berryman Drive have taken down their Christmas lights, but are now sporting green or yellow icicles. The sides of houses are splashed with a deep brown substance and sidewalks are also spotted with the stuff.

Residents say the material appeared between 9 a.m. and midnight last Tuesday.

Initial suspicions focused on "blue ice," the frozen human excrement known to fall from passing jetliners, but the FAA investigated and quickly dismissed that possibility.

"The local flight standards inspectors investigated the situation and determined it was not from an aircraft," FAA spokeswoman Arlene Salac told ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/splatterings-green-goo-fall-sky-snyder-ny/story?id=12649849

Hopefully the third time is the charm, because this is my third attempt to post after the first two responses disappeared into cyberspace!:crazy:

I remember the story on Unsolved Mysteries, too, and I don't remember ever learning if that mystery was solved or not. Without knowing the whole story, I don't know if that case was merely media hype or truly something unexplained.

This case seems to absolutely be media hype, at least in my opinion. If you click on the link and read the story, you are left with the impression that no one has a clue what this gooey substance is........BUT if you watch the video, you'll hear (right toward the end) that the FAA has declared that this substance is bird poop.....a finding which happens to agree with a local woman's personal observations of past occurrences.

Not sure why this story grew wings, but it doesn't seem to be much of a mystery to me.

Good point! The second link I posted implies that is is government testing.

Maybe its because they don't just say bird poop,they have to elaborate that the birds ate too much McDonalds. That makes it sound far fetched to me.

Maybe its because they don't just say bird poop,they have to elaborate that the birds ate too much McDonalds. That makes it sound far fetched to me.

The FAA just said bird droppings. The local woman states that in the past, birds who have pigged out in the McDonald's parking lot have been known to poop all over after their little "snack."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back