TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted a few pages back, and I should have "Thank"ed it then, but had not had a chance to look it over. This should be required reading. Some of this flies in the face of what is "common knowledge" about family involvement.

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/01/statistics/

"In 53 % of the cases the victim and abductor were strangers. This relationship, where the murderer is a stranger to the victim, “defines” this particular type of murder. The data also suggest there may be a grater predisposition to serial offending among child abduction killers."

One of the rules we have in our investigation is unless we have proof positive- we never have real proof. To bring just one theory to our clients is not doing our job and doing and injustice to the case. We usually try to brainstorm all possibilities and then set out to prove AND disprove each theory. Many times in the process we are led to new possibilities until eventually we find the truth. Sometimes we'll write down our initial reaction on paper and stick it in a jar, when the case is concluded and we round table the case we bring those out and discuss them.

Have there been any reports that SA's mom actually saw him that day he says he went to her house after he left his job?

Where was SA Tuesday morning? He quit work on Monday morning, so he didn't have to be up early. Did he drive BD to work? Why didn't BD text or call SA and ask him to contact "that little girl" to send Hailey home?

Where was SA Tuesday morning? Before BD reported Hailey missing.

I don't think it has been reported where SA was that morning. I would think he would have to do something to make BD think he was going to work because I don't think she knew at that time he had quit.

A neighbor drove BD to work. Why BD did not text SA re: HD is the 64,000 dollar question. She apparently waited until noon. She may have been wondering why HD had not called her or she may have tried to call her and got no answer. jmo

the throw away phones come in different varieties, just like regular cell phones. I believe the affadavit on the phones said it was a blackberry, so it would have a calendar and notepad, etc.

The Blackberry was Shawn's, and I do not believe the affidavit specified the model of Billie's phone.

Maybe because in SA's experience with CCPD, they had a very uprofessional attitude toward Billie for whatever reason, so it was a no-brainer to assume that CCPD would simply take a report, walk thru the house, see that Hailey wasn't there and leave. He was right. CCPD did their version of an investigation and threw up their hands, labeling Hailey a runaway. The runaway label guaranteed that there would be very minimal media coverage. CCPD did what they had to do...add Hailey's name and brief description to a long list of runaways in Texas, and asked around a bit, failing to collect even her bedsheets or anyone's cellphone records, and ignoring the fact that this child had no money, no phone, no clothes, jacket or hairbrush...she "left" with NOTHING.

Experience told SA he was safe, and he was right.... Then BD and her friend started talking to us at WS, contacted regional media begging to be allowed to make an on-camera plea which blossomed into national media coverage...the Rangers came in and had to start the whole investigation from the beginning.

Yup, that's right. SA can thank BD for his status as a suspect, because without her reaching out thru Czgtz ( since BD has no computer), Hailey would be just another name on a list and a file on the shelf of the Colorado City Police Department. This is the mother who everyone loves to hate. I am embarassed to see people who would rather celebrate how rotten BD is than at least give the woman credit for pulling Hailey's case up out of the bottom of the runaway pile.

BD is not blameless, but she has done more to keep this investigation alive than anyone else. She reached out to NG, TES, and Mark Klass. She is doing all of this thru a cloud of denial so thick it's like walking around legally blind, but she keeps going because she did not kill her daughter and she wants to find her and bring her home. When a person is drowning in denial of a violent relationship, facts are twisted, perception is screwed up. IMO, this is why BD's answers to questions sometimes don't make sense. She can't fix the past, what is done is done. All she can do now is look for Hailey.

I personally don't take anything that comes from CCPD or Kampfer as fact unless it is confirmed by another more reliable agency. Every day it seems we find another piece of the initial investigation was not done properly, (garbage sitting in someones yard for 3 days???) Not one agency has called BD a POI or suspect, even though people repeatedly refer to her on WS as such. LE has said that "family members" , (not specificly BD), have not been truthful.

The Texas Rangers, FBI, Secret Service and other LE who have helped investigate will be the only chance or bringing someone to justice for Hailey's disappearance. I truly hope that they were able to get to any forensic evidence before it was too late.

As always, this is my opinion only!

:takeabow:

I can only hit the "Thanks" button once, but if I could, I'd hit it a million times for that post!

How do we know that someone, maybe a trucker, didn't just grab her off the street and take her not only out of state but to Mexico.

~snipped for space~ I hope that's ok.

I have a friend who has been a "TRUCKER" for over 10 years.
I even rode with him for a month just to see the sights across the USA. From Atlanta ,Georgia to Tampa, Florida to Sparta, North Carolina, across to Portland Oregon up through Washinton, Montana, across and down to Chicago Illinois.
They can't just drive everywhere like a car can. They ccan't pull into a parking spot anywhere... they have to think it through... 18 Wheelers can't stop on a dime, maneuver many tight turns/alleyways etc. They can and do get pulled over and ticketed by police for being in the wrong place if trucks are not allowed.
I wonder how many 18 wheelers drive through the streets of Colorado City everyday? It very well could have been a trucker bu IMO he could not hold herin captivity long. Almost all truck and rest stops have video surveillence cameras... and at least in Florida ALL rest stops have armed security guards 24/7 others just have cameras and panic buttons. - I would think at some point a missing/runaway girl would get caught on camera somewhere!

US Truckers meet up with all sorts of rules/regulations, log checks, etc. Even when entering each state they are required to pull off into weigh stations and can be subjected to automatic searches, log checks, and fluid checks etc. these are random and they just never know when there turn is up.
I can onkly speak to my knowledge of Canada, but US truckers are sometimes held for HOURS by Mounties for what seems like rediculous reasons... BUT I can not speak for Mexico.

my point is taking a child in a personal vehicle is MUCH more probable that blaming a TRUCKER. ( Not saying anyone specifically has) but thought this might calm some fears.
MOO!

ITA Dr Fessel and Lanie. I asked this last night, but no one replied. Since a suspect has been named, is there something that is legally stopping LE from searching land and property associated with SA? I'd think these locations would be searched first, then do random searches. Must LE have evidence that specifically points to these locations in order to get a search warrant, anyone know what criteria must be met?

Hope this is not a stupid question. Sleuth in training here. :waitasec:

I agree. I live in Big Spring, 2 blocks away from where the affadavit states that SA's mom lives. There have been no searches in the Big Spring landfill and the dumpster guy comes to dump trash on mondays and tuesdays in this neighborhood. The only searching that I know of that has been done here is a DPS helicopter made a few passes over the neighborhood one morning and the next day some people searched the state park, which is also in our neighborhood.

I am unclear about something. There have been plenty of insinuation about BD and her bf, but if she reacts more insinuations follow about her motives and involvement. Why does it appear that BD is fair game, but CD is off limits. If the answer is because LE is looking at the bf of BD, therefore she is fair game; isn't it true that LE has been wrong about suspects? Isn't it true that LE have merrily skipped down paths chasing leads that are so off base it's an embarrassment to the profession? If that is the case then why aren't we, as sleuthers, pursuing every possible avenue until we hit a dead end?

Because we aren't allowed to sleuth anyone that has not been named a POI in MSM. Individually, we can do our own research, but nothing can be discussed here.

How much stake should we put into the reported failure of the LDT. Sure they failed a couple of questions but think about the questions probably asked that were passed. Did you kill Hailey, do you know anyone who killed Hailey and so on. They had to pass those or they would have been listed in the search warrant affidavit as good reason to get the warrant.

Maybe we really need to look at he exact questions they failed and what does that tell us.

Could they suggest Hailey is alive and they know it but in harms way? Could they have sold her into some kind of human trafficking or sexual slavery or something?

Marc Klass investigates and teaches about human trafficking a lot. Is that why he is there?

Snipped from a post by TGIRecovered:

CCPD did what they had to do...add Hailey's name and brief description to a long list of runaways in Texas, and asked around a bit, failing to collect even her bedsheets or anyone's cellphone records, and ignoring the fact that this child had no money, no phone, no clothes, jacket or hairbrush...she "left" with NOTHING.

BBM: so we do not even know for sure that those are the sheets that were on the bed to begin with. BD and SA would have had plenty of time to change them out! ARGH

Okay, a little graphic here-- but if Hailey's remains were out in the countryside, wouldn't there be some buzzard action?

That is how that one guy found Sylar Newton. But it would depend if buzzards are there this time of year. Up here, they have already migrated to their winter homes- so question is where is their winter home?

Well if it was a Blackberry it was no throw away and it would have all those features and more. imo Maybe they are looking at what apps were loaded and what searches had been made on the phone.

But, HD's FB postings said they came from and IPhone. So, don't know. I am confused. Doesn't really matter I guess there could be all kinds of info on it regardless of the brand. jmo

Messages from an Ipod Touch show up as an Iphone on FB.

Because we aren't allowed to sleuth anyone that has not been named a POI in MSM. Individually, we can do our own research, but nothing can be discussed here.

What is MSM?ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member