TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awe... one of the searches passed away. Bless her heart. She has a 20 year old daughter too. . :( I always take things like that as a sign. She was a searcher for Hailey who has gone to Heaven. I wonder if she will lead them to Hailey or at least lead Hailey home and that is why she was sent there. I'm catholic so I believe in that stuff! My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

I hope they looked for prints from Hailey's bedroom window on the outside. Broken branches arround the home ,interveiwed friends of Haileys about weird conversations and things she may have said about random events that took place in her life.

Hailey was allowed to walk arround her neighbor hood often and it was stated the normal time for her to got to her dads was arround 3:30. So it sems Hailey had some type of normal routine for what she did.

Anyone could have been watching and observing Hailey. Her house looks to be an easy house to stalk.

A fence ,making it hard for anyone from the street to see if someone is looking in windows. A tree line provides cover for someone to hide in. the house seems to offer a clear gateway with it being on a corner.

Not tryng to lead away from shawn as I believe that needs exploration as well.
Mainly his tuesday activites. Tuesday IMO is not being mentioned for a reason . Either is is completely covered or it is not explained at or it is full of implicating crap.

But lets say if we looked in the weeks or months prior to Hailey's disapearance. Would we find anything?
Does dad have friends that walk over and visit him often ? Is Hailey's moms shed locked or can anybody go in it and hide? Was there someone who was completely interested in Hailey that is being overlook because Shawn is a weird -o?

In the days before Hailey was reported missing the 24,25,26 were there any reports of peeping toms, Drunk in publics, thefts of outside objects or scrap metal?

In following some older resolved cases it seems that often there is LE interaction very shortly before an abductor commits an abduction. So if Shawn isnt the only suspect we should exaime these things. also we should check fire calls out and call where someone reported they would be burning.

I am not defending not keeping an eye on your children. But I can say that in a small town and this town is less than 5,000 this is pretty much the norm. There really aren't many places to go except to a friends, etc. And most of the time everyone knows everyone so no one worries. It seems there is always someone keeping an eye out.jmo

Oh I agree! Although times gave changed, I have lived in a small town when my children were younger so it doesn't strike me as so strange that it seems DD and HD did come and go...especially w/dad close by..What IS strange to me though is that BD never called to check...just to be sure. Even if she did see her on Monday morning in her bed (which I still doubt) that means she went a day and a half without seeing or speaking to her. When I factor in that BD says she didn't even know that HD was spending the night away ahead of time..that is very bothersome to me that she went that long without a quick check in...jmo tho...

It seems as though someone would have seen something if Hailey had been grabbed and pulled into a car, or even got into a car willingly. By what we have heard (and from knowledge of other small towns) people are indeed looking out their windows much of the time, or just keeping an eye on things. Seems as though if so many people saw Hailey walking the streets (maybe on the wrong day) that someone would have noticed something unusual. Some small town residents even know when a strange car passes though.

I know it can happen in an instant...but I feel that if Hailey indeed left her home at 3pm on the 27th, it is far more likely that someone she knew picked her up or took her away in a vehicle. The timing would be pretty tight, if we assume she did not make it the short distance to dad's, if in fact she headed there. So who else in town is creepy, odd, acting weird, changed their appearance, quit their job or moved away?

BD, DD, HD, CD...I'm getting my D's all mixed up...sorry!

How are the searchers food donations going? Do they have enough scheduled for tomorrow?

How are the searchers food donations going? Do they have enough scheduled for tomorrow?

Tricia said they believe they have enough, and if they need more she'll start a thread for Sunday....thanks for asking!

When I checked in with lunch from Subway (thanks to all the WS folks!) they said it was probably around 75...which is dissapointing to me. I really hoped today would bring out 200-300 people. :(

That breaks my heart...Now wish we could of come today, but will be there tomorrow morning! Each day that Hailey is not found, there is hope.

Someone that understands please explain what is more important today for locals than trying to find a missing girl in their community.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/05/local/me-serialkillers5

"FBI makes a connection between long-haul truckers, serial killings"

A lot of the truck stops are frequented by hookers. They are referred to as "lot lizards". We've had a lot of murdered and missing women where I am, many of them prostitutes. Some of the theories out there is that it is a trucker or truckers.
It happens. These girls were all dumped though. Nobody has been found in the back or the cab of a truck.

That is how that one guy found Sylar Newton. But it would depend if buzzards are there this time of year. Up here, they have already migrated to their winter homes- so question is where is their winter home?

Turkey Vultures live year-round in the deep south, although they flock together more in the winter and move around from place to place. There are also black vultures. Trouble is that out in open country no one is going to pay much attention to vultures and wouldn't even connect it to a human because there are deer and livestock and splattered armadillo roadkill.

Another problem is, there are other scavengers on the ground too, such as coyotes, foxes, opossums, skunks, raccoons, and even wild hogs. I don't want to get gross, but that's how bones get spread around.

No kidding, what was the point of that? Slow news day or what?
I was hoping they would fly over BD's, then CD's, the motel, the dollar store, the Charles/Dennis house, the beautician's house, etc. to give us an idea of the whole area in question. Instead it's what? 15-20 seconds of shaky looped footage?

Something I keep going over and over in my head is why would SA walk into his job site, buy a drink and then leave? Then concoct the arguement with supervisor story?

As a PP said, why not just call in sick? Did SA think calling in sick would be more suspicious? Did he show his face at work for some kind of alibi? Did he stop in to pick something up or drop something off?

Inquiring minds want to know.

It would help if we knew if he worked there at the job site, or if he went out in the field. If he works out in the field, he might have just been punching the time clock trying to establish an alibi.

I jsut read the affadavits and I have a statement/question. It definitely sounds to me that they based the 'kidnapping' status on something they saw on SA's phone. I am referring to the statement that says they saw something and then they asked him to see the phone again, and he deleted the information they had just looked at. I hope they can get the deleted info from the phone some way.

Also question is--who is Christina Walker the person the affadavit says the phone belongs to? tia

Something I keep going over and over in my head is why would SA walk into his job site, buy a drink and then leave? Then concoct the arguement with supervisor story?

As a PP said, why not just call in sick? Did SA think calling in sick would be more suspicious? Did he show his face at work for some kind of alibi? Did he stop in to pick something up or drop something off?

Inquiring minds want to know.

My most common sense answer to this is he got a call from someone on the way to or as soon as he got to work that made him decide to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie