TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal experiences with a polygraph:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4981659&postcount=67"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.03.25 Misty Croslin Flunks Secret Police Polygraph!![/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4981747&postcount=72"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.03.25 Misty Croslin Flunks Secret Police Polygraph!![/ame]

I had a friend that worked for a drug store. Turns out there was money missing so all employees were given a polygraph. My friend failed it. Now she was the most honest person I have ever known. She took several and still fllunked them.

As it turned out the question she failed on was - have you ever taken anything from the store without paying for it. She said 'No'. But, as it turned out the druggist would mix up medicine for employees for their children, etc. and not charge them for it. When she said 'No' to the question, subconsciously she was thinking of the free medicine and the answer showed deceit. Even though she had not taken anything from the store without paying for that was given to her 'free'. So, a lot depends upon not only the question, but what context the question was asked. the man that gave her the test told her he had never had anyone show such honesty even though it was subconscious.

I am sure questions are asked in a tricky manner. But, once having failed a test I might be leary of taking another one too. Especially if I was telling the truth. I just don't know. What was the question that BD showed deceit on, does anyone know. tia

I continue to wonder, if BD has nothing to hide, then why in heaven's sake, won't she just take another LDT? I mean seriously, how can one complain about the focus of this case, and yet not be RUNNING to the nearest LE, and pushing for a LDT, to totally clear themself? It would go a long way in moving this case along, IMOO...........And if I had failed a poly, KNEW I didn't do or know anything, I WOULD FIND AN EXPERT IN THE FIELD to do the next one, and trust me.....THERE WOULD BE A NEXT ONE!

Have they asked her to take another poly?
If she insisted on getting one from a private polygrapher, and passed... I doubt that would hold much weight with LE, they like to have their own people to administer them, or FBI.
(IIRC, all the private LDT's and LVA's that were given to Misty C., LE didn't seem to be very impressed with them.)
Has Clint ever taken one? I know he offered, and last I heard, they haven't bothered to test him, nor his g/f. Wonder why?

I was just thinking about the term Illegal Narcotics... If they were presxriptions would they have still labled it as such? When I think of Illegal narcotics I think of Marijuan, crack, cocaine ect... If i were to word it as prescription medicines with the money I would have worded it : The took out 140.00 to Illegally obtain presciption medications.?? Am i off in thinking this way?

Yup. If they are not prescribed to you they are just as illegal as "street drugs".The possession of just a few would probably get you in more trouble with the law then a dime bag of weed would.

Why would they keep the phone if it had his fingerprints? They would lift the fingerprints off the phone, mount them on a piece of cardboard to compare them under the microscope. But I would assume that any prints on it are not going to be clear, probably pretty smudged. Something that is used pretty often like that is not likely to have usable prints on it, it's handled too often.

Besides... it's not out of the realm of possibilities, unless Billie carried it on her at all times, SA's prints would be on it too... they lived in the same house, he might have handled the phone occasionally. Even though my hubs and I both have cell phones, we have picked up each other's phones at times.

The only reason I can think of for the police to KEEP a cell phone (after checking it for fingerprints/trace/etc) would be if they wanted to see who called the phone - or wanted to talk to them.

For example - they could be hoping for a call from HD. If they suspected drug use/dealing, they could be looking for calls from dealers/customers. Or, if they suspected something else, they could be waiting for a call from an accomplice.

an officer-involved chase..................hummmmm.

It doesnt find Hailey,but...........

Hi..just trying to do a bit of catching up while I have a few minutes to do so...

Would anyone happen to have the link to the article where BD has taken this sudden "turn" on Nancy Grace.. Sounds to me as if Billie is publicly renouncing Nancy..which if true IMO would do nothing but AGAIN hinder Hailey's investigation...AGAIN not the direction of doing whatever it takes to have your daughter returned...jmo and thats just from the little I've read here..Anyone have a link to this info?

TIA

He went in during the day, took the mother first, then the friend when she came in later, then the kids once they got off school. There are some links to the survivor impact statements on the forum for them. The kids walked in and seen a pool of blood. That case still keeps me on edge.

O//t but I did folllow that one and who would have ever thought!!! I did stop at the conclusion of it, so they know what happened when? It was still speculation as to the when and each person. I'll have to read up on that again.

I live in the DFW area but rural, cotton field across the street from me, but like now, I have my door open so I can see outside but you can bet my storm door is locked. (having a very protective big dog helps too).

You can't outcrazy crazy. It's all around us.

BTW - I wasn't on last night, let the lil one play his games on here and have just been on this afternoon. Anything new? Was there coverage on NG? Was BD on there? I know there was a search today. I've thought about going but I'm a single mom, 3 kids and it's about a 3 hour drive give or take. I'll just pray and hope for justice.

Three hours to close off a road due to a chase? Was there a fatality? That seems long...

I don't know if that's a coincidence or not.
If those couches were removed after Hailey disappeared, LE needs to go find them NOW.

LE was in the house and searched it many times. If the sofas were of any interest, they should have taken them then. imo

I do not see the big deal if someone offered her a nicer newer couch and she accepted it.

ITA Dr Fessel and Lanie. I asked this last night, but no one replied. Since a suspect has been named, is there something that is legally stopping LE from searching land and property associated with SA? I'd think these locations would be searched first, then do random searches. Must LE have evidence that specifically points to these locations in order to get a search warrant, anyone know what criteria must be met?

Hope this is not a stupid question. Sleuth in training here. :waitasec:

Yes, there has to be probable cause. Not merely that he is a suspect, but reason for them to believe he buried or hid the body on that property. OR that he is holding a live Hailey somewhere on the property.

At this point, they don't know what crime has been committed, though. So they would have to have some evidence that points to that location, either way.

Common sense tells me he would not have been stupid enough to do that, but stranger things have happened.

Three hours to close off a road due to a chase? Was there a fatality? That seems long...

on Help Find Hailey FB one poster said there was a shooting. DPS, aka our state troopers, can be authorized to shoot during a chase here (i have seen it!) but generally not local LE.

O//t but I did folllow that one and who would have ever thought!!! I did stop at the conclusion of it, so they know what happened when? It was still speculation as to the when and each person. I'll have to read up on that again.

I live in the DFW area but rural, cotton field across the street from me, but like now, I have my door open so I can see outside but you can be my storm door is locked. (having a very protective big dog helps too).

You can't outcrazy crazy. It's all around us.

BTW - I wasn't on last night, let the lil one play his games on here and have just been on this afternoon. Anything new? Was there coverage on NG? Was BD on there? I know there was a search today. I've thought about going but I'm a single mom, 3 kids and it's about a 3 hour drive give or take. I'll just pray and hope for justice.

I live in a rural area, my town is so small it's considered a village LOL, 6 streets wide. Prior to that case I rarely locked my windows, would leave them open at night, didn't lock my doors during the day, etc.

Now I'm locked up like Fort Knox !!!

I jsut read the affadavits and I have a statement/question. It definitely sounds to me that they based the 'kidnapping' status on something they saw on SA's phone. I am referring to the statement that says they saw something and then they asked him to see the phone again, and he deleted the information they had just looked at. I hope they can get the deleted info from the phone some way.

Also question is--who is Christina Walker the person the affadavit says the phone belongs to? tia

Shawn's mom. Can we say her name here or was that a no-no?
It was specifically related to some calls to Billie. Haven't gotten any more than that.

Yes, there has to be probable cause. Not merely that he is a suspect, but reason for them to believe he buried or hid the body on that property. OR that he is holding a live Hailey somewhere on the property.

At this point, they don't know what crime has been committed, though. So they would have to have some evidence that points to that location, either way.

Common sense tells me he would not have been stupid enough to do that, but stranger things have happened.

I would think a child being missing, SA being last, by his own words, to see the missing child, story he claims told by missing child not checking out, lies about where he was and what he was doing, and his cell pings should be more than enough to get a search warrant. I just don't get it, and I love my family just as much as the next person does, but if my family member was being accused of something like this, and proclaiming their innocence, especially if I believed them, I would be all over LE, here, check this, that, whatever you need, because this person is innocent, and I want them cleared. Don't see that happening, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23