2011.01.24: Hearing Will Address Request For Investigative Hours

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Say it ain't SO HHJP!!!!!
Ok...we have to see the big picture...May will be here soon enough. I can't imagine what they're hoping to do next...we've waited 2 1/2 years to see what was on Jose's hard drive? There's absolutely no discovery there. What have these guys been doing?

In all honesty (except for my compassion for the Floridians), if JP did not grant this request, it could backfire at appeal. I just pray the buck stops here - no more fishing Mr. Jose Baez! Of course he'll continue to blame it on the state -- but we know they're investigation is over and done with. I'm not buying that the State of Florida keeps on releasing evidence. Come on now!

MOO

Mel

Well, all in all, IMO, the only one who is being hurt by HHJP granting this request is the state of Florida. As Aedrys said, it is a lot of money to fish up a lot of nothing, but HHJP is just keeping this from being an issue at trial. I don't live in Florida, but if I did, I'd be more than happy to pay a little extra to keep ICA behind bars. Not to worry, friends. Lady Justice is coming. I hope she goes after a few others after she is finished dispensing to ICA as well!

(judge) Citing hrs that have already been approved

says it would be about 31K total if this 12K is approved

Perry granting req

In the interest of jusice and in order to expedite this trial, I'm going to grant this req."-JP

And that's it for today.

My add: who thinks JB will file another motion asking for MORE money!

Sorry Florida - this really sucks.

Mel

Prolly next week.

Didn't Baez have $250,000 for resources?

Yeah right?
I think HHJP is in a very generous mood today.

~sigh~ It seems all they have to do is claim "waaaah the state keeps dumping more and more stuff on us~
NEEDLESS to say the BULK of their investigative funds went towards FISHING for a SODDI with TES searchers.:furious:

I wonder if HHJP even heard about the TES depos and how NONE of those people were either near the spot or the spot was WAIST deep? JB is perpetrating a clear FRAUD here and HHJP just keeps letting him do it! ARGH!

See, this is why I should never be a judge. I have just HAD IT with stupid appeal issues!

Bless the entire state of Florida for giving Caylee her sweet justice.

Once small step for the defense team....one giant step for justice for Caylee. I see HHJP doing everything within his power to assure a fair trial for KC and prevent, as much as he possibly can, cause for appeal....although I personally think the fact that Baez is her attorney is cause enough.

Really sucks for the Florida tax payers though...sorry guys...hopefully in the end your money will have been well spent.

Well, all in all, IMO, the only one who is being hurt by HHJP granting this request is the state of Florida. As Aedrys said, it is a lot of money to fish up a lot of nothing, but HHJP is just keeping this from being an issue at trial. I don't live in Florida, but if I did, I'd be more than happy to pay a little extra to keep ICA behind bars. Not to worry, friends. Lady Justice is coming. I hope she goes after a few others after she is finished dispensing to ICA as well!

Out of the goodness of my heart, chefmom, I will offer to share my tax bill with you so you can share in the joy. :heartluv:

Has Ms Finnell ever stopped to think WHY they are reluctant?

If a friend/relative I knew was accused of such a heinous crime and I knew in my heart they could never do such a thing. I'd not be reluctant to talk to anyone!

Earth Calling Casey......your goose is cooked.

JB chiming in now. JB says the state has many more resources.

"We're playing catch up every time the state of fl releases discovery"-JB

:waitasec:
Just HOW many times have we now heard that line used by the Defense
:boohoo:
Cry me a RIVER...Baez used up $275,000.000 with nothing to show for it...well I take that back we did see Baez get paid $89,000 and Lyon $20,000 from that.

I just don't see any of the "fine tooth comb" scrutinizing of invoices submitted?!
There seems to be no accountability for any specifics in the investigator's billing - just bill it, and the Judge will approve payment for it ... even if there is duplication among the investigators.... even if there is billing for services that an administrative assistant should be doing instead of a P.I. ....

Can the JAC sue for misuse of state money after the trial? I mean, there is actual proof that they are wasting this money and they are continuing to get away with it. It makes me sick to my stomach!

(judge) Citing hrs that have already been approved

says it would be about 31K total if this 12K is approved

Perry granting req

In the interest of jusice and in order to expedite this trial, I'm going to grant this req."-JP

And that's it for today.

My add: who thinks JB will file another motion asking for MORE money!

Sorry Florida - this really sucks.

Mel

All of it?? 300 MORE hours?
I am not freakin out..but
What happened to looking everything over with a FINE TOOTH COMB and you must explain and detail how the money has been spent...

Thank you for your fairness and justice Chief Judge Perry.

:waitasec:
Just HOW many times have we now heard that line used by the Defense
:boohoo:
Cry me a RIVER...Baez used up $275,000.000 with nothing to show for it...well I take that back we did see Baez get paid $89,000 and Lyon $20,000 from that.

And, where did the rest go?

(greasing expert witnesses) ~snark~

I wonder if HHJP even heard about the TES depos and how NONE of those people were either near the spot or the spot was WAIST deep? JB is perpetrating a clear FRAUD here and HHJP just keeps letting him do it! ARGH!

See, this is why I should never be a judge. I have just HAD IT with stupid appeal issues!

Please don't let this upset you so! :therethere:
In the grand scheme of things it boils down to one thing: after 2 1/2 years of defending KC, JB has exactly . . . . wait for it. . . .NOTHING!!! Not one shred of anything to show her innocence. Not on shred of anything that points to anyone BUT KC!!! No big "Ah Hah!" moment to spring on the jury Perry Mason style!!! He's got NOTHING! And KC will go down for murdering precious Caylee Marie! You can't put a price on that. Let him give JB more money. It won't change the fact that KC is guilty. It won't set her free. It will be over soon.

:blowkiss:

Can the JAC sue for misuse of state money after the trial? I mean, there is actual proof that they are wasting this money and they are continuing to get away with it. It makes me sick to my stomach!

Not to fear, HHJP already gave a heads up that there are lawyers out there that make money chasing after fraudulently obtained JAC money.

~fingers crossed~

Yeah right?
I think HHJP is in a very generous mood today.

~sigh~ It seems all they have to do is claim "waaaah the state keeps dumping more and more stuff on us~
NEEDLESS to say the BULK of their investigative funds went towards FISHING for a SODDI with TES searchers.:furious:

Dear Florida,

I know how you feel. We went thru the same thing with Westerfield and his crony Feldman (like JB) charged San Diego 100's of thousands of dollars. We didn't know this until after the fact, as most hearings were behind closed doors.

IMHO if you hire a private attorney, you, the defendant, are responsible for ALL costs. Once you run out of said money, you should immediately be handed over to a public defender. The private attorney can bring the public defender up to speed in no time!

There are assets. The anthony's can sell their house. Baez can account for the 250K he rec'd. The anthony's can account for all the media money they received (oh that's right - dinners and cruises...forgot).

No way, no how, should these costs fall under the taxpayers umbrella. Been there done that - and it's not right!

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa