2011.01.24: Hearing Will Address Request For Investigative Hours

Out of the goodness of my heart, chefmom, I will offer to share my tax bill with you so you can share in the joy. :heartluv:

Lol!! Why thank you EU! Maybe they could set up a "donation jar" online for all of the people out of state that want to contribute to the "Fry KC Movement". They might be surprised at how much they could collect! And then they could donate the money to St. Jude's or some other worthy childrens organization. I'd donate toot-sweet!

And, where did the rest go?

(greasing expert witnesses) ~snark~

Exactly we :dunno:
Sumbunny I see you are from Montreal....so I say...
Imagine all the Poutine and Beavertails that could have paid for...oh and a few Hab tickets...

Your frowns will turn upside down when the judge rules in favor of the state on the K 9 and trunk evidence. Remain calm friends. Judge Perry has got this. This aint his first rodeo. Thanks everybody for the play by play!!!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsTtnPbHPOs[/ame]

Habs tickets are equivalent to gold :) (GO HABS GO)
~~~ I only get to see them play live if I drive to ottawa~~
I could feed all of montreal poutine and michigans with the amount of money spent on this case.

All of it?? 300 MORE hours?
I am not freakin out..but
What happened to looking everything over with a FINE TOOTH COMB and you must explain and detail how the money has been spent...

Thank you for your fairness and justice Chief Judge Perry.

Yuppers. Now WESH didn't mention hours, just money. 12K for 300 hours is only 40 dollars an hour?? What I'd like to know is what JB and his bafoons are going to do for 300 hours. I hope JP asks!

Mel

Not to fear, HHJP already gave a heads up that there are lawyers out there that make money chasing after fraudulently obtained JAC money.

~fingers crossed~

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, at least the mention of JAC for some reason, lol. That makes me feel a lot better!

I figured that it would be granted.

Looks like Jose now has his January monthly income...wonder what he'll pull to get Februarys. :maddening::maddening::maddening:

History repeats itself and I expect we will see it a few more times before May. HHJP is in a tenuous position; what can he say? "Hey, Baez, you are so dumb that you wasted all the time and money I already gave you and came up with nothing. So that's it. Who cares if there's exculpatory evidence waiting in the wings? You used up all your resources. . . Get the needle and fill the syringe."

IMO, there will be a few more calls like these.

Yuppers. Now WESH didn't mention hours, just money. 12K for 300 hours is only 40 dollars an hour?? What I'd like to know is what JB and his bafoons are going to do for 300 hours. I hope JP asks!

Mel

Save the money for upcoming sanctions?

So how is in the interest of justice and expediting the trial to give them more hours to fish for NOTHING? I am so UPSET right now! He KNOWS they are just going to ask for more and more!!!!!!

--------------------
When will he say "enough is enough?"....:maddening::banghead::banghead:

Thank you for all your updates today. I do believe in CJPerry and I am a Florida tax payer. As long as she is in jail and then in prison I will be totally happy. But Baez today may have been granted the 300 hours but he is already in the red by 106.2 hours. So in actuality Baez only received another 193.8 hours. Don't fret this is all Justice for Caylee. mo

History repeats itself and I expect we will see it a few more times before May. HHJP is in a tenuous position; what can he say? "Hey, Baez, you are so dumb that you wasted all the time and money I already gave you and came up with nothing. So that's it. Who cares if there's exculpatory evidence waiting in the wings? You used up all your resources. . . Get the needle and fill the syringe."

Judge Perry is the guy who might have to sentence this girl to death. Imagine how that responsibility might weigh on you. I suspect Perry knows what the State have spent and this is peanuts by comparison.

===============

Speaking of getting the needle and filling the syringe !!!! Well, Unless the Ohio company who makes this happen (which the plant in Italy who makes the drug ) finds another company to make it NO syringes will be filled..
Italy wanted Ohio to agree that no one would be killed by this drug before it would renew contract.. Ohio could not agree to that.. So the drug is not being made... I just hope Ohio finds a new company soon.. I guess there is a Big SHORTAGE NOW .. Last execution they were worried not enough of the drug to do the job..
I read all this on yahoo home page in the last week.. could probably google it... I have no idea what will happen now.. Very likely doubt they will warm up old sparky in all the prisons..
Just had to let everyone know... I do not post anymore due to getting put in the corner so I lurk all day everyday..
Great job to all .... Justiice for Caylee and all the untimely deaths of loved ones at someone other than The mighty man above..

What drug do they use to sedate pets before putting them to sleep?

Judge Perry is the guy who might have to sentence this girl to death. Imagine how that responsibility might weigh on you. I suspect Perry knows what the State have spent and this is peanuts by comparison.

Not sure of all the fretting about this additional grant - isn't HHJP just granting these additional funds to back the defense into a corner and lessen the chance of any future appeals which surely would cost the tax payers of Florida far more than an additional 12K.

This isn't HHJP's first roundup.

Agreed. There's not much HHJP can do. It is what it is. If I had to guess, I'd say JB and company will make at least another 3 more similar requests (if not more). And inevitably HHJP will have to grant his request.

Not to fear, HHJP already gave a heads up that there are lawyers out there that make money chasing after fraudulently obtained JAC money.

~fingers crossed~

I would have felt better if HHJP had brought their bookkeeping irregularities up in today's discussions. . . But, hey, I'm in the middle of funding a small wedding and reception right now and am thinking and praying that HHJP's allocation of my money will be every bit as profitable as my personal expenditures. And as long lasting ~ I consider both a downpayment on a good future! :toastred:

I would have felt better if HHJP had brought their bookkeeping irregularities up in today's discussions. . . But, hey, I'm in the middle of funding a small wedding and reception right now and am thinking and praying that HHJP's allocation of my money will be every bit as profitable as my personal expenditures. And as long lasting ~ I consider both a downpayment on a good future! :toastred:

BBM and ITA. I guess what really bothers me is that he knows they aren't doing correct bookkeeping or billing, and those depos with the latest TES fishing prospects show that they are wasting money here. I know he has to do what he has to do to avoid appeal issues down the road, but it just seems like a parent caving in time and time again to a spoiled child that whines and doesn't deserve it. It seems unfair and a waste of the courts time. I wish appeals didn't have such an affect on trials like this. And I do hope that the JAC sues afterward for every penny wasted back. This isn't defending Casey, it's a mockery of the whole justice system and that doesn't sit well with me.

But, HHJP knows what he's doing, and in the end, Casey and her defense are going to lose big time. I just have to keep saying that myself, lol.

ITA. I guess what really bothers me is that he knows they aren't doing correct bookkeeping or billing, and those depos with the latest TES fishing prospects show that they are wasting money here. I know he has to do what he has to do to avoid appeal issues down the road, but it just seems like a parent caving in time and time again to a spoiled child that whines and doesn't deserve it. It seems unfair and a waste of the courts time. I wish appeals didn't have such an affect on trials like this. And I do hope that the JAC sues afterward for every penny wasted back. This isn't defending Casey, it's a mockery of the whole justice system and that doesn't sit well with me.

But, HHJP knows what he's doing, and in the end, Casey and her defense are going to lose big time. I just have to keep saying that myself, lol.

Funny thing about getting money from the government. They can audit the records and demand it back pretty much any time. In the name of a fair and expeditious trial HHJP approved these expenses for today. These are meerly increases to the defense budget for investigations. All proper record keeping, invoicing and paperwork must still be followed. And may be dealt with by the JAC at their leisure. HHJP does not want financial squabbles muddying things before trial, when the JAC can just as easily slam them all for shoddy records afterwards, when it wont have any impact on the defendants "right to a fair trial". (and yes it will mean that KC has once again managed to scam someone else either the taxpayers or her own defense team out of paying for her messes).

My sincere thanks to all the posters who post the hearing information as it is happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back