GUILTY UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #8

Today of all days I had to follow up on this thread. I must indeed be a glutton for punishment.

“I feel like I have a huge hole in my chest that someone punched me…I find myself having trouble breathing…I love my son, and my heart stopped beating the day he passed. There is only ice that runs thru these veins now.”
But the words in Stephanie’s letters about Ethan’s death and how she feels ring hollow for Joe.

snipped http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...nie-Sloop-Part-II/CQpzKOOEGk22Gjst2h0x3Q.cspx

this murderer in mother's clothing is just plain sick. Ice water, indeed, but IMO it was there while she watched her child die from horrific abuse, not after. Aw, would that her heart would stop beating.

Sorry for the rant but these parents, these parents and stepparents, I am just sickened, thread after thread.

Does anyone know what happened to the Justice For Ethan facebook group? It isn't in my groups anymore, and when I search, others come up but not THE one with so many people showing support...

Well, if so, there are reasons. Would never want for anyone--especially the most inappropriate party(s)--to use it as a vehicle to communicate, to try to explain. Justice is Ethan's God-given birth right... Let us pray, for Ethan and family, that Justice is served.

I agree...it makes me sick when certain parties use a FB page for victims to further their own agendas!!:furious:

I can barely come to this thread either...

This article shows a different side of these crimes. The LE side. I don't envy these men and women their job. Especially when they've had a year like this one.

Bless all the LE officers investigating these crimes and the judges and prosecutors that work to bring justice for these most innocent of victims. What a tough and heart-wrenching job!

Sincerely,
fran

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...llings-haunts-Layton-police.html?s_cid=rss-32

A heavy burden: Year of five child killings haunts Layton police

LAYTON — This was the first time in the career of veteran police detective Brooke Plotnick that he wasn't able to sleep for days.

Even when he did, he couldn't stop thinking about the brutal slaying of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy.

"I've had dreams that little Ethan has walked up to me and smiled at me, and another one where he rode by me on a bike and smiled," Plotnick said. "And I've had dreams with the Sloops in them, too. Well, I wouldn't call those dreams. Those are more nightmares."

When Ethan's stepfather and mother, Nathanael and Stephanie Sloop, were charged with capital murder in May, it wasn't the first case of child homicide in Layton in 2010. And it wasn't the last.

It just kept getting worse for the eight officers in the Layton Police Department's investigative unit during a year that has left a lasting mark on each of them.

In February, 4-year-old Rebecca Toone and her 15-month-old sister, Rachel, died from inhaling toxic fumes after a pest control worker allegedly applied rat poison too close to their Layton home. Cole Nocks, 63, has pleaded not guilty to two class A misdemeanor counts of negligent homicide.

Three months later, when the officers were dispatched to look for Ethan Stacy, they had no reason to think it would be anything other than a routine case of a missing child quickly being found.

Then they interviewed the Sloops.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ty fran, for that link.

Heartbreaking that this little boy is not celebrating Christmas with his father. RIP little guy.

This one wrenched me deep in the gut. What he endured. Such monstrous people.

Our littlest victims are always so close this time of year. The loss. The waste. The what ifs.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=122374551115521

This one has 45,000 plus supporters? It looks like they are closing it... :-(

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120125514687806

Maura T. Smith of the 9th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida ordered Ethan Stacy to his mothers house for the summer even after his fathers emergency petition to keep him away. His father stated his fear that he would never see him again but the boy was sent anyway. This judge needs to step down as a judge and we as citizens need to make this happen now!

Merry Christmas little Ethan. You should be here celebrating with your Dad who loves you so much. Now you are in heaven celebrating with the angels. God bless you and everyone on this thread who loved this special little boy that we never knew. Merry Christmas.

Influential stories of 2010: The murder of Ethan Stacy
December 28th, 2010 @ 11:00am

By Jennifer Stagg

LAYTON - It started as a call for a missing child. Ethan Stacy's mother and stepfather told police he had wandered away in the middle of the night.

Officers scoured the area looking for the 4-year-old.

"The biggest concern is when you have a kid like this and wandered off on his own on a night light this wearing pajamas he could be in serious danger of hypothermia or something along those lines," said Garret Atkin with the Layton City Police Department when they started looking for Ethan.

It soon became clear something horrific had happened to Ethan and his mother and stepfather's story soon began to unravel.

"There's a saying in police where sometimes you have to give up part of your soul to get into a suspect's soul so that it will help you understand them," said Detective Brooke Plotnick. "During their interview, and hopefully later on you get it back, your own soul. But I think in this case a lot of us had to give that up, and a lot of us didn't get it back."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13797297&autostart=y

Dearest Ethan, I don't come here very often but you are in my thoughts a lot. Time has past but I have not forgotten you. I wish you could have enjoyed Christmas with your father and family. I wish you could have eaten popcorn and watched Toy Story 3. I wish a lot of things, but ...I know you are at peace. Take care, little man. You are in our thoughts.

"There's a saying in police where sometimes you have to give up part of your soul to get into a suspect's soul so that it will help you understand them," said Detective Brooke Plotnick. "During their interview, and hopefully later on you get it back, your own soul. But I think in this case a lot of us had to give that up, and a lot of us didn't get it back."

Bless you fran for posting that link. and Bless those who serve and protect in LE. Bless their families for putting up with the hours, the fear, and all the other BS that goes with the job. Bless those men and women who daily see things that would curl even us WS'ers toes. Bless every single one of them.

Influential stories of 2010: The murder of Ethan Stacy
December 28th, 2010 @ 11:00am

By Jennifer Stagg

LAYTON - It started as a call for a missing child. Ethan Stacy's mother and stepfather told police he had wandered away in the middle of the night.

Officers scoured the area looking for the 4-year-old.

"The biggest concern is when you have a kid like this and wandered off on his own on a night light this wearing pajamas he could be in serious danger of hypothermia or something along those lines," said Garret Atkin with the Layton City Police Department when they started looking for Ethan.

It soon became clear something horrific had happened to Ethan and his mother and stepfather's story soon began to unravel.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13797297&autostart=y

Thank you for posting that link...that detective at 1:26 about to cry made me burst into tears.

Rest in peace, sweet Ethan.

I take a small amount of solace knowing that the ones responsible for protecting him (I refuse to call them parents) will forever rot in hell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back